Dancing in the rain (RMT)

This is my first attempt at a RMT and I hope I did it right.

Rain team

This is an in game team that I hope to use part of in the battle frontier but the whole thing to battle and defeat other people on wifi. Of course if it ends up being successful then I will use it on shoddy as well. However, our shoddy server is down ATM so it doesn’t matter.

[sprite]169[/sprite]

Crobat@damp rock

Role: rain lead

Nature: Jolly

Ability: inner focus

EVs: Maxed out speed while dumping the rest on HP and attack

Moveset:

-rain dance

- U-turn

- roost

-brave bird

Comment:

Wraith's idea, he realized that bronzong would be an epic fail along with rest of the team against a taunt lead. Without rain the water pokes lose it all.

[sprite]419[/sprite]

Floatzel@ choice specs

Role: Special sweeper (hey it was shiny, I know it should be physical but it was a modest shiny buizel!)

Nature: Modest

Ability: Swift swim

EVs: 232 special attack/208 speed/70 HP

Moveset:

-ice beam

-surf

-return

-rain dance/roar

Comment:

My precious shiny weasel is taking the battle field as a special sweeper. With the rain coming down, swift swim activated, the floatzel can be a monster in the rain. With speed like never seen before it will land buffed up surf after surf on its enemies. Ice beam is to handle the grass types and dragons. Floatzel will hopefully come in after bronzong of course if there are some complications I might have to bring in my spinner, it spins, switches out, in comes the weasel of death.

Roar is to 1. view foe’s team 2. get additional stealth rock damage on foes 3. roar away any potential threats that resist both ice and surf and normal so like empoleon. Or other water absorbing threats as well. Return comes in helpful as well. Rain dance is if the rain stops falling.

[sprite]230[/sprite]

Kingdra@ choice band

Role: Physical sweeper (floatzel’s counter part) (and back up dancer)

Nature: Adamant

Ability: swift swim

EVs: 252 Atk / 24 special defense / 232 Spe

Moveset:

-waterfall

-outrage

-rain dance

-dragon dance

Comment:

The dual dancing kingdra will take the stage as a physical sweeper and a counter part to the special attacks of floatzel. By now the rain will have eventually run down and kingdra will get it started. With its bulk it hopefully will survive long enough to dance 3 times and then sweep…rain dance (when rain stops) dragon dance 1-2 times provides some sweeping power and then its go with the flow for kingdra. He’ll land powerful waterfall after waterfall attacks and to those that resist water and the pesky dragon types a powerful outrage. Although outrage goes for 3 turns few types resist dragon so it is a good choice.

[sprite]272[/sprite]

Ludicolo@ left overs

Role: wall

Nature: calm

Ability: Rain dish

EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD

Movesest:

-rain dance

-grass knot

-leech seed

-ice beam

Comment:

A slight twist to the strategy that’s been used for most of the game. Hopefully ludicolo will be able to switch in on the various grass and electric pokemon that threaten the team not to mention the various water absorbers that threaten rain teams. Now as a wall he is meant to completely shut down his opponent with his bulky defensive stats. This means, unfortunately, the rain will probably die out so he’ll have to do a quick dance and get back on his feet. His first potential move on a new pokemon would be leech seed. So that in the rain he would get health boosts from, leech seed, left overs, and rain dish making him very effective at healing. Then he can hit with his various attacks such as grass knot or ice beam depending on the pokemon.

[sprite]121[/sprite]

Starmie@ left overs

Role: Rapid spinner/special sweeper

Nature: Timid

Ability: Natural cure

EVs: 136 HP / 156 Def / 216 Spe

Moveset:

-rapid spin

-thunder bolt

-surf

-recover

comment:

Toxic spikes are a huge threat because the rain based pokes just cant handle poison as well as some others could. Plus who likes additional damage? Starmie is here to take care of the dreaded toxic spikes. Switch in, spin, switch out and with its natural cure ability it can handle the poison. Plus thunder bolt, surf, and recover are allowing it to perform a sweep once its done spinning if it seems too dangerous to switch.

[sprite]171[/sprite]

Lanturn@ left overs

Role: special wall and special sweeper

Nature: Calm

Ability: Volt absorb

EVs: 40 HP / 136 SpA / 252 SpD / 80 Spe

Moveset:

-surf

-thunder

-ice beam

-thunder wave

Comment:

With a great electricity immunity lantern is a great addition to the team. With the ability to switch in on electric sweepers using there electric attacks on the poor water pokes. So it can safely switch in and then sweep and handle lots of the special attacks thrown at it. With ice beam to hit grass and dragon types and surf + thunder on everyone else its some decent coverage. Thunder wave is to slow down those sweepers.

Threat list:

Obviously…all the auto weather inducers such as…

[sprite]248[/sprite] [sprite]460[/sprite] [sprite]450[/sprite]

[sprite]383[/sprite]

T-tar, abomasnow, hippowdon and of course groudon.

Water absorbers

[sprite]134[/sprite]

[sprite]131[/sprite]

[sprite]226[/sprite]

[sprite]186[/sprite]

[sprite]062[/sprite]

[sprite]195[/sprite]

these pokes can put a real wrench into the workings of a rain team.

Not to mention…

[sprite]395[/sprite]

Empoleon with its high special defense, immunity to poison, resistance to ice attacks which is common on my team along with water and not weak against grass. Plus with high special attack of its own it can destroy in the rain as well.

[sprite]073[/sprite]

Tentacruel as well is a problem with the dreaded toxic spikes, sweeping capabilities, and high special defense it can help ruin a water team.

=== odd threats ===

[sprite]055[/sprite] ( a rain check like the auto weather inducers)

[sprite]047[/sprite] (its dry skin can give it decency in the rain especially against water types)

[sprite]454[/sprite] (same as parasect)

-and in my opinion the oddest of them all…[sprite]292[/sprite] (wonderguard shuts down water types)

I hope I did this right and please rate my team

Edited by pokemonfan
fixed lead and added rain dance to floatzel

There's a HUGE HUGE problem with this team... which is that lead Bronzong. A lead Aerodactyl will easily Taunt your Bronzong and screw up your whole strategy. As you can see, your whole team depends on Bronzong to use Rain. You may want at least 4-6 Pokemon to have Rain Dance just in case something happens.

Also, Floatzel isn't the guy to use Roar. He's very frail, and just likes to sweep. All you need is 16 Speed EVs to hit 270 Speed (assuming 31 IVs) and that gets doubled in the rain... since Floatzel's already fast enough, he might as well be a mixed sweeper, although Kingdra basically does that.

Want a phazer? Get a Swampert or a Zapdos or something. Floatzel wasn't meant for that stuff :/

Beware, your team all contains some common weaknesses. You may want some other Pokemon like Jolteon or Zapdos to complement your rain team.

This is the common misconception to rain teams: all Pokemon must be water types. Not always... you can put some stuff to counter those guys that destroy Water Pokemon. A Gliscor can help you beat stuff like Tyranitar or Lucario or Infernape, so give it a try.

BTW don't worry about Groudon. He won't ever be in standard battles.

As for Shedinja, lol, Stealth Rocks screw it over before it gets a chance to do anything :/

There's a HUGE HUGE problem with this team... which is that lead Bronzong. A lead Aerodactyl will easily Taunt your Bronzong and screw up your whole strategy. As you can see, your whole team depends on Bronzong to use Rain. You may want at least 4-6 Pokemon to have Rain Dance just in case something happens.

Also, Floatzel isn't the guy to use Roar. He's very frail, and just likes to sweep. All you need is 16 Speed EVs to hit 270 Speed (assuming 31 IVs) and that gets doubled in the rain... since Floatzel's already fast enough, he might as well be a mixed sweeper, although Kingdra basically does that.

Want a phazer? Get a Swampert or a Zapdos or something. Floatzel wasn't meant for that stuff :/

Beware, your team all contains some common weaknesses. You may want some other Pokemon like Jolteon or Zapdos to complement your rain team.

This is the common misconception to rain teams: all Pokemon must be water types. Not always... you can put some stuff to counter those guys that destroy Water Pokemon. A Gliscor can help you beat stuff like Tyranitar or Lucario or Infernape, so give it a try.

BTW don't worry about Groudon. He won't ever be in standard battles.

As for Shedinja, lol, Stealth Rocks screw it over before it gets a chance to do anything :/

How'd I know you'd be the first to comment? (I must be psychic :P)

anyways this team is mainly for in game like wifi where the players use legendaries so groudon is a problem. also I never thought about how bad a taunt lead would screw bronzong. In game its probably going to be my kyogre so I wont have to worry about that I just thought bronzong would be good to plus kyogre's a uber so :( but its not banned on wifi.

Is there another rain lead you could suggest? maybe azelf would that be better? I never thought about the roar problem..its mainly to roar away the threats so he can sweep more effectively... is there a problem with that?

@ the bolded part

I realize this and jolteon was going to be in there but I chose lanturn and I was picking water pokes and eventually I was out of room. However, if one of the pokes started to let me down I would try and get a jolteon in there. Never thought about zapdos. So does lanturn and ludicolo not count because they're part water?

@shedinja

Wouldn't most teams running shedinja have spinners to avoid such conflict with the rocks of stealth?

Well, there are MANY MANY things to be said, such as using the wrong sets and all that.

For a lead, I'd suggest a Crobat with Rain Dance, Roost, U-turn, Brave Bird with Jolly nature. You can hold a Damp Rock with him... and as for Bronzong, it can still be in your team, just reserved someplace else for a rain refiller or something.

I'll fix it up a bit later.

Well, there are MANY MANY things to be said, such as using the wrong sets and all that.

For a lead, I'd suggest a Crobat with Rain Dance, Roost, U-turn, Brave Bird with Jolly nature. You can hold a Damp Rock with him... and as for Bronzong, it can still be in your team, just reserved someplace else for a rain refiller or something.

I'll fix it up a bit later.

ok I never really considered the taunt epic fail but with crobat's speed there wont be such a problem hopefully. wait this means i have to train a zubat, EEEWWW! Bronzong doesn't really fit in anywhere else on my team in my opinion besides lead. So this means I can drop the bronzong breeding project and start one one for crobat. Or maybe just use kyogre but crobat's are cool...

Any other suggestions or comments from anyone?

Bronzong isn't really meant to be a lead, not with all these Taunters around. :/

And no, no Kyogre. Remember, Kyogre's uber. There are PLENTY of options for rain team...

Omastar/Kabutops... the special/physical fossil duo wreak havoc in rain.

Ludicolo is a good one as you have...

Zapdos makes a good wall/phazer and can use Thunder quite well and stall out opponents

Azumarill's CB Aqua Jet in Rain HURTS

Kingdra is evil in the rain >:D

Dugtrio traps enemy Magnezone and kills it

... I can't think of any more...

Bronzong isn't really meant to be a lead, not with all these Taunters around. :/

And no, no Kyogre. Remember, Kyogre's uber. There are PLENTY of options for rain team...

Omastar/Kabutops... the special/physical fossil duo wreak havoc in rain.

Ludicolo is a good one as you have...

Zapdos makes a good wall/phazer and can use Thunder quite well and stall out opponents

Azumarill's CB Aqua Jet in Rain HURTS

Kingdra is evil in the rain >:D

Dugtrio traps enemy Magnezone and kills it

... I can't think of any more...

Remember this is an in game team, on wifi, at least in battle revolution you can use all 493 pokemon. I've used kyogre (its destroyed people) on wifi with battle revolution since I dont have DS wifi.

So I should have dugtrio on my team because of magnezone? Why is he such a threat?

What's CB? I was thinking about putting azumarill on the team, lapras to, but I ran out of room. Since this is an in game team i need pokes that are accessible easily.

never really liked the look of zapdos or moltres...articuno is the cool one (pun not intended) does it learn thunder by level up?

What about my floatzel and kingdra?

Yay! must've done something right.

Urm, I have NO idea who YOU were playing with, but Kyogre is definitely not allowed in standard battles.

Magnezone is a threat because STAB 135 SpA Thunderbolts can wreak a lot of stuff... yeah. But I'm not saying Dugtrio's necessary. I'm just saying he can help you if you are considering one.

CB = Choice Band.

Yes, Zapdos learns Thunder by level up, albeit really late.

Floatzel/Kingdra kinda overlap in roles. If you want a sweeperish Floatzel, try Rain dance, Surf, Waterfall, Ice Beam with 240 Atk/252 SpA/16 Speed (Lonely/Naughty/Mild/Rash nature). The speed is specific to hit 270 Speed, and in rain, it becomes 540 speed (of course, this is assuming max IVs in speed). I just maxed out SpA and put the rest into attack. But Floatzel will never want Roar.

And if this is an in-game team, I have no reason to rate it because anything is destroyable in-game. Now if you're talking about standard metagame, then we can talk, but Kyogre has to go.

Urm, I have NO idea who YOU were playing with, but Kyogre is definitely not allowed in standard battles.

Magnezone is a threat because STAB 135 SpA Thunderbolts can wreak a lot of stuff... yeah. But I'm not saying Dugtrio's necessary. I'm just saying he can help you if you are considering one.

CB = Choice Band.

Yes, Zapdos learns Thunder by level up, albeit really late.

Floatzel/Kingdra kinda overlap in roles. If you want a sweeperish Floatzel, try Rain dance, Surf, Waterfall, Ice Beam with 240 Atk/252 SpA/16 Speed (Lonely/Naughty/Mild/Rash nature). The speed is specific to hit 270 Speed, and in rain, it becomes 540 speed (of course, this is assuming max IVs in speed). I just maxed out SpA and put the rest into attack. But Floatzel will never want Roar.

And if this is an in-game team, I have no reason to rate it because anything is destroyable in-game. Now if you're talking about standard metagame, then we can talk, but Kyogre has to go.

Maybe I view wifi as the same thing as in game just playing with other people. Well this is a wifi team and no one is restricting my kyogre the game lets it battle (plus you cant talk in battle revolution wifi so they cant object)

Wraith I have a shiny modest buizel. Being that its shiny of course I want to use it.

How do they overlap in roles?

Well, if you play with that crowd, then whatever.

But most other people do NOT want to fight Ubers!! (who you did NOT see, I guess... but ask the others in this forums whether they want to fight a Kyogre or not except for ParaDoX, who is crazy because he brings babies to fight OUs/Ubers, but that's besides the point).

Everytime I see an uber in Wifi, I really go "Man, this guy is so cheap!" Bottom line... even in Wifi, do NOT bring ubers unless your opponent doesn't care (confirm with him/her first...)

Kingdra/Floatzel are two great mixed sweepers (or even physical/special alone) in rain... unless you would like to differentiate those two, but even then, both are sweepers, so they do kinda overlap.

I'm not stopping you from using both though...

I know you cant do anything to stop me wraith I'm looking for suggestions because you know how great a battler I am :tongue: I to get upset when people bring a bunch of legendaries/ubers to the battle field. However, if there is only one (kyogre) then is there that much harm? Kyogre is my all time favorite legendary. Of course I see the flip side as well. It would be a lot easier if there was a nonuber auto weather inducer for rain yet there isn't and i doubt there ever will be because kyogre, a legendary, has that ability so its ruined.

I think we should get off the kyogre point and just pretend i'm not going to use kyogre and suggest onward from there. Because if you really want to prove your point, making suggestions without including kyogre that sound good will only solidify the point that not using kyogre is the right choice.

If crobat is the good rain lead then how should he be EV'd?

Kyogre is a big harm. Rain + STAB + Surf/Hydro Pump = pain. Not to mention with Calm Mind that thing can sweep. 90 speed is slow for Uber tier, but in OU that's quite fast. Also in the rain his Thunder's not gonna miss, and his Ice Beam will destroy a lot of things since many things are weak to Ice. And all this coming off 150 SpA? Yes, it is quite dangerous.

Water Spout Choice Scarf lead? And do I want to face that?? Especially in the rain?

They're called uber for a REASON.

I do not need to argue with you about what is already obvious...

And all you need to do is max out Crobat's Speed and give him Jolly nature. Not sure about the rest... just dump them into attack/HP.

Kyogre is a big harm. Rain + STAB + Surf/Hydro Pump = pain. Not to mention with Calm Mind that thing can sweep. 90 speed is slow for Uber tier, but in OU that's quite fast. Also in the rain his Thunder's not gonna miss, and his Ice Beam will destroy a lot of things since many things are weak to Ice. And all this coming off 150 SpA? Yes, it is quite dangerous.

Water Spout Choice Scarf lead? And do I want to face that?? Especially in the rain?

I do not need to argue with you about what is already obvious...

And all you need to do is max out Crobat's Speed and give him Jolly nature. Not sure about the rest... just dump them into attack/HP.

Yeah that's what I was thinking for crobat as well. Maxing out his speed for the rain dance is the most important thing.

Hehe...that's exactly what I have on kyogre

Kyogre@leftovers

role: rain lead

nature: timid

Ability: drizzle

Moveset:

-calm mind

-ice beam

-surf

-thunder

no wonder its been powning people in wifi.

Yeah that's what I was thinking for crobat as well. Maxing out his speed for the rain dance is the most important thing.

Hehe...that's exactly what I have on kyogre

Kyogre@leftovers

role: rain lead

nature: timid

Ability: drizzle

Moveset:

-calm mind

-ice beam

-surf

-thunder

no wonder its been powning people in wifi.

If it's pwning people... then you're officially a wimp. I'm sorry to say that, but that goes for all people who use Ubers in OU (unless given consent otherwise but still).

Anyhow, just use a Crobat lead... and forget about the fishy. Still insisting on using that Kyogre? Then play ubers, but don't bring that thing in OU.

Make sure Crobat has U-turn though. I'd go Rain Dance, U-turn, Roost, and Brave Bird (breed with Staraptor for Brave Bird).

If it's pwning people... then you're officially a wimp. I'm sorry to say that, but that goes for all people who use Ubers in OU (unless given consent otherwise but still).

Anyhow, just use a Crobat lead... and forget about the fishy. Still insisting on using that Kyogre? Then play ubers, but don't bring that thing in OU.

Make sure Crobat has U-turn though. I'd go Rain Dance, U-turn, Roost, and Brave Bird (breed with Staraptor for Brave Bird).

Actually you can use any pokemon so your not specifically playing in OU you could play a person that uses all ubers or all babies *thinks of paradox* plus unless they're your friend you cant play anyone specifically and you cant talk to them on battle revolution wifi.

I wanted some input before I actually started training the team. Anything else? Was there a problem with any of the other pokemon? Any other suggestions or replacements?

I'm still thinking about it PF. There are many holes in your team, but it will take a while to fix. But we can't do this without Kyogre, got it?

[sprite]382[/sprite]

Its a must have

:tongue: I completely agree :tongue:

I see your actual point wraith so I guess crobat it is instead of bronzong and kyogre.

LOL. I did NOT say that :mad:

Anyways, there is a way we can keep BOTH Bronzong and Crobat, but use Crobat as a lead.

I'm still contemplating, but what if...

- Crobat

- Ludicolo

- Kingdra/Floatzel

- Floatzel/Kabutops

- Bronzong

- Zapdos/Raikou/Jolteon

We need team synergy though... so don't get your hopes up yet.

LOL. I did NOT say that :mad:

Anyways, there is a way we can keep BOTH Bronzong and Crobat, but use Crobat as a lead.

I'm still contemplating, but what if...

- Crobat

- Ludicolo

- Kingdra/Floatzel

- Floatzel/Kabutops

- Bronzong

- Zapdos/Raikou/Jolteon

I really cant fully understand that without more data but if ludicolo had the same things as before then why would he be second? Plus what would bronzong do?

The order aside from Crobat being lead doesn't matter, so that's a non-issue.

Bronzong can be the status platform and can set up Stealth Rocks when needed (Focus Sash users are a BIG threat to rain sweepers, so you need SR to break their sashes). Plus it can use Hypnosis, set up Reflect/Light Screen or even set up Rain by himself. Oh, and he detonates when you want him to.

And I am STILL contemplating. Making a rain team is VERY hard.

The order aside from Crobat being lead doesn't matter, so that's a non-issue.

Bronzong can be the status platform and can set up Stealth Rocks when needed (Focus Sash users are a BIG threat to rain sweepers, so you need SR to break their sashes). Plus it can use Hypnosis, set up Reflect/Light Screen or even set up Rain by himself. Oh, and he detonates when you want him to.

And I am STILL contemplating. Making a rain team is VERY hard.

So then getting bronzong up early is crucial to get those rocks, screens, and possibly sleep up as soon as possible so they can take there effects for the sweepers. So does that mean realistically on a safe switch in it can go from crobat to bronzong. Would bronzong hold the damp rock because he would have rain dance? Should bronzong have...

-rain dance

-hypnosis/explosion

-light screen

-reflect

i was thinking hypnosis should be out because of its accuracy. There are so many options. If other people could comment that would be nice.

Would bronzong hold the damp rock because he would have rain dance?.

You don't need to limit yourself to just one damp rock. The more the merrier!

Or you could go with light clay to improve the duration of the screens.

So then getting bronzong up early is crucial to get those rocks, screens, and possibly sleep up as soon as possible so they can take there effects for the sweepers. So does that mean realistically on a safe switch in it can go from crobat to bronzong.

Rocks would be better the earlier they go up, screens can be anytime, even to set up a sweeper mid/endgame.

Also, for the switch, U-Turn is also a viable alternative since Crobat outspeeds quite a lot of things and it does damage. If it's slower than the opponent and you want to take a status or damage instead of Bronzong, U-Turn is also better than a switch. But, in essence, yep.

I don't actually have time to think about the team, but good luck! :P

I see your threat list... Shedinja. Out of all your pokemon, I think only Crobat's brave bird can kill it.

Sheddy's hardly a threat, really :/

So many things, including Toxic/Will-o-Wisp/Stealth Rocks... there's always something that'll own it.

PF... still adamant about using Roar on Floatzel? :/

Fine... but don't blame me when something one shots that weasel before it gets a chance to use it. Remember, roar has a NEGATIVE priority, and therefore is best used by bulky Pokemon like Skarmory or Walrein.

BTW be specific with what your EVs are for.

And you do realize Choice Specs locks you into one move, right? That boost is welcome (Floatzel's SpA of 85 isn't bad, btw) but Roar with Specs is unproductive :(

The thing that resists Dragon is Steel... which makes up most of the metagame. So be CAREFUL when using Outrage.

Waterfall + Outrage... resisted by Empoleon and Shedinja :/

EDIT: PF... where are your STEALTH ROCKS?! Without Stealth Rocks, sweeping will be screwed by an inevitable Focus Sasher! :(

Yeah, Touffey is actually right. Aside from Leech Seed and Brave Bird, you have no way of dealing with Shedinja :o

You don't need to limit yourself to just one damp rock. The more the merrier!

Or you could go with light clay to improve the duration of the screens.

Good point I never thought about light clay

Rocks would be better the earlier they go up, screens can be anytime, even to set up a sweeper mid/endgame.

Also, for the switch, U-Turn is also a viable alternative since Crobat outspeeds quite a lot of things and it does damage. If it's slower than the opponent and you want to take a status or damage instead of Bronzong, U-Turn is also better than a switch. But, in essence, yep.

I don't actually have time to think about the team, but good luck! :P

I know rocks would be best early so that would mean that I should probably dance, U-turn to bronzong, stealth rock, and then possibly set up the screens/explode..

I see your threat list... Shedinja. Out of all your pokemon, I think only Crobat's brave bird can kill it.

Yes..this is a huge problem being that I dont want to be walled by a tiny bug. Meaning that bronzong WILL have to set up rocks or I HAVE to keep crobat alive in case of the bug showing its immortal face.

Sheddy's hardly a threat, really :/

So many things, including Toxic/Will-o-Wisp/Stealth Rocks... there's always something that'll own it.

Well its a threat if you have nothing to beat it. Without rocks it could be an impossibility for my rain team to take it down.

PF... still adamant about using Roar on Floatzel? :/

Fine... but don't blame me when something one shots that weasel before it gets a chance to use it. Remember, roar has a NEGATIVE priority, and therefore is best used by bulky Pokemon like Skarmory or Walrein.

I forgot about the negative priority roar has. Oh well I guess that's not an option. I'll take that out of the OP.

BTW be specific with what your EVs are for.

Uh is that important. I dont really know all those top speeds and stats to hit so that's hard for me.

And you do realize Choice Specs locks you into one move, right? That boost is welcome (Floatzel's SpA of 85 isn't bad, btw) but Roar with Specs is unproductive :(

alright alright, good bye roar for good. His attack stat is better that's why I'm kind of bummed the shiny buizel I have is modest but whatever.

The thing that resists Dragon is Steel... which makes up most of the metagame. So be CAREFUL when using Outrage.

Waterfall + Outrage... resisted by Empoleon and Shedinja :/

True...empoleon is a big threat in the rain especially to special sweeping water types being that

1. it resists ice which is a back up move on most water types to handle grass and dragons.

2. It resists water which is just as bad

3. it has special defense and special attack stats of its own that are pretty powerful (especially special attack) so it can pull off a sweep on your team in the rain.

Ugh the tuxedo penguin turns against me!

EDIT: PF... where are your STEALTH ROCKS?! Without Stealth Rocks, sweeping will be screwed by an inevitable Focus Sasher! :(

Stealth rocks were on my original bronzong lead. However, they lack existence now. When I do add bronzong back in I'm not sure who to kick out...maybe I alternate between kicking out kingdra and floatzel.

Yeah, Touffey is actually right. Aside from Leech Seed and Brave Bird, you have no way of dealing with Shedinja :o

Therefore its a threat. Maybe I should have shedinja :P Thanks for all the help guys. So here's the idea for bronzong.

Bronzong@damp rock/light clay

nature: Calm

Role: Stealth rocker and screener

Ability: levitate

EVs: 252 defense/252 special defense/ 6 attack

Moveset:

-explosion/rain dance

-stealth rock

-light screen

-reflect

Comment:

With defensive stats to survive long enough to set up and some attack EVs to help him explode plus no weaknesses in the downpour he can come in after crobat and set up rocks, light screen, reflect, and then explode/dance.

I might want to add rain dance because the switch in, and setting up is a lot of turns and then the rain might stop. Plus without explosion he might survive to be able to dance later in the game.

==if I were to add him who would I kick out?==