Is it safe to load a patched nds save file to a copy of the exact same game cart?

Sara

(Sorry if this is in the wrong place, if it is go ahead a move it thanks.) Okay, I have a English Pokemon White 2 Game cartridge, a NDS Adapter PLUS, and a Windows PC with DeSmuME & a English Pokemon White 2 (PATCHED) Rom. So in short I'm wondering if it safe for my game cartridge if I load my Pokemon White 2 SAV File (From the Patched Rom & Emulator on my PC) to my game cartridge with my NDS Adapter PLUS backup/restore tool.

How is that safe when doing so can cause you to loose your file or even loose part of you real game card data. that does not sound very safe to me. Sure it may operate ok but actually it might not work properly. Some ROMS don't work correctly even with patches. If you zre doing advanced hacking/transferring of SAV files be very careful because one mess up can cost you your saved data and may corrupt the file. If you guys don't think so take it with a grain of salt xD.:)

There's always a slight chance something will go wrong. It doesn't necessarily have to be hacking. There have been reports of legit Wiis being bricked after an official update. In the case of the NDS Backup Adapter plus and DeSmuMe, nothing should go wrong. But maybe there's some hard drive corruption and the DeSmuMe save is lost. Maybe (insert unlikely event here). It's always best to keep a backup, even if something's safe.

I would be as careful while doing this. In fact before you do this defrag your computer and make sure everything is cleaned up before you do this. Afterwards do another scan. This way you have less of a chance of loosing anything. I don't do this myself because to me it is not safe but be careful no matter what you do xD.:)

Okay, thanks for the information guys. But just one last question, if I do this and something does go wrong, is it safe for the game cart for something to go wrong? Like will it hurt the internal game data in the game cart? And if not will restoring the back up with the NDS Adaptor PLUS toll fix it? Thanks.

Sorry I think what I meant to say was is it going to hurt the game cart game "chip" in a way that will make playing and saving a game no longer possible? Like will it make the game cart no longer playable so I have to buy a new White 2 game cart? Thanks again you help is appreciated. :)

What about backing your file on a CD first? I just thought of this since in the event something does go wrong you could restart your computer load the disk then it should still be saved If this is legal then I would do that also. If it is not legal don't do it. It is just a thought I had that might work if it is legal that is.:)

I thought so. If I were doing what you guys do I would save it to a CD. Like I said earlier if something does happen then you can pop in your CD and start where you last backed your file up. Remember to back it up again if you make a lot of changes xD.:)

Not sure is XXASHXX is being sarcastic or serious...

He seems a little paranoid, that's all.

Maybe he had something go wrong before? One time my CF card on an outdated flashcart was corrupted (I now know because of DS Organize) and I lost my saves, so I was sure to always keep a backup. Now I'm kind of lax about that.

Sorry I think what I meant to say was is it going to hurt the game cart game "chip" in a way that will make playing and saving a game no longer possible? Like will it make the game cart no longer playable so I have to buy a new White 2 game cart? Thanks again you help is appreciated. :)

Unless you get a faulty unit, the likelihood of this happening is probably pretty close to 0. I've never heard of such a thing in the 4+ years of save hacking I've done. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

Guys I am very cautious about these devices. One time I entered a code wrong on my Super Metroid game on the computer with the snes9x emulator and it wiped out my file completely and I had to start from scratch. I am not a paranoid person. What happens if your hard drive dies wirh that save file on it? If you back it on a CD also you still have that data. I wish you guys could understand my point of view better. It is not paranoid it is being as safe as you can as these devices CAN cause severe damage if you are not careful. As I said in another post it happens to everyone. Even to the most accurate people with these types of devices. Just because it has not happened yet does not mean it it will With an expert chances of it happening are way less to almost never happening but it does happen. If you are new to this it will happen a lot guys. Sheesh. I am only giving heafs up. If you guys think it is bad it is not. It is better that everyone knows since we have new members joining all the time. Better that someone like me posts about these things rather than someone finding out the hard way xD.:)

You are exaggerating.

Very very much.

Take minor precautions such as backing up your saves ANYwhere you like.

It won't destroy your entire computer.

The only way it'd damage anything permanently is if yu has a faulty unit as described previously.