I need some help...

ninkin24

I'm new here, and I need some help getting my Pokesav to work... I'm a long time Pokesav user since Pearl but I've never known the sheer enormity of it's power. I never knew that I'd be able to download Events, wondercards, create any pokemon at ALL with ANY powers (I was actually having some fun making fake events for trade on IGN, with the user's full knowledge that they were fake like Diamond and Pearl Bidoofs, the Shadow Lugia, etc). Anyway, the thing that I expected the LEAST was that I'd be able to edit my game saves! I recently learned this when I found the Pokesav Website and then it combined with Project Pokemon and I learned a LOT about the game.

Well, here's why I'm posting here. I recently purchased an Action Replay DS Media Edition, which has a game-saves feature. Well, I finally got it in the mail yesterday and I immediately plugged it in with a save from my Platinum and then I realized that it wouldn't read the DUC file. Well, I searched the internet for some DUC to SAV converters, but when I got a couple and tried them, and then loaded them into Pokesav but the file didn't load correctly. I tried it multiple times, and it didn't work any of them. All my pokemon were glitched, my name was a bunch of random characters, and my trainer ID and my adventure time was skewed. There were many other problems as well, but I'm not going to list them all.

Anyone know a reliable converter that I can use to get my save properly, or can someone convert it for me if they're knowledgeable in code?

here is the method ^^

first, convert the save using this page :

http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

source: DUC

output:no$gba SAV

second, download no$gba emulator wheter it's the freeware(ver 2.6) or the "donate" one (2.6a)

third, open no$gba.exe and close and you will get no$gba.ini (the configuration files of no$gba) ... after that open the ini files and edit the savefile section, change it from "Compressed/Uncompressed" into "Raw"(without parentheses)

play the game using no$gba (offcourse with pokemon roms) and save your file when playing the pokemon with no$gba

and it will produce a "512 kb" savefile which will be compatible to pokesav ^^

I tried that Shunyweb things, and it didn't worky. Thanks for the advice, and if it turns out that I can't edit my retail cart, I'll use the no$gba thing. Other than that, is there a way to edit the retail cart?

Nevermind, I understand it. Can I convert this file back to a DUC and get it to work in my retail cart?

Edit Again: I tried to load the no$gba thing, but it wouldn't work. I wasn't able to get the .ini thing, instead I got a .inp. What do I do? :(

by using

.. back up your save first >_<

source: RAW

target: DUC

alternatively ... (currently haven't been tested >_<)

you can change the save file by

target: RAW format 512KB or autodetection ... and directly using pokesav

if that's not working , then u will need to use no$gba =_= ..

it's the longest way, but the safest way >_<

by using

.. back up your save first >_<

source: RAW

target: DUC

alternatively ... (currently haven't been tested >_<)

you can change the save file by

target: RAW format 512KB or autodetection ... and directly using pokesav

if that's not working , then u will need to use no$gba =_= ..

it's the longest way, but the safest way >_<

Alright, thanks for the help. :D I'll definitely test this out. :)