few pokegen questions (pokedex, location and date)

toto

hello, im new to this forum

first question regarding pokedex is the following: imagine i have exchanged a feebas (pokemon ive never caught before in white2) with another trainer.. it arrives to me and starts evolving.. well: do i register both feebas and milotic in the pokedex, or only milotic? (as feebas evolved right after it came)

2nd: location: location if it was obtained in emerald as an egg? day-care couple or which?

3rd: date: do i place the date i obtained the pokemon (ie i exchanged it yesterday so id put 23/06/13) or the date the pokemon was caught in other pkm version (ie i captured it 1 year ago in emerald so id put.. 23/06/12)

ty for ur info

hello, im new to this forum

first question regarding pokedex is the following: imagine i have exchanged a feebas (pokemon ive never caught before in white2) with another trainer.. it arrives to me and starts evolving.. well: do i register both feebas and milotic in the pokedex, or only milotic? (as feebas evolved right after it came)

2nd: location: location if it was obtained in emerald as an egg? day-care couple or which?

3rd: date: do i place the date i obtained the pokemon (ie i exchanged it yesterday so id put 23/06/13) or the date the pokemon was caught in other pkm version (ie i captured it 1 year ago in emerald so id put.. 23/06/12)

ty for ur info

1. You register Feebas and Milotic. (same occurance with all evolution through trades)

2. Neither. Even though obtained in Emerald as an egg, you would have went through 2 transfers (pal park and pokeshift) to get it here.

The origin game will be Emerald (not game transferred in), and location met is Pokeshift/Poketransfer

(not day care couple)

3. You referring to trade or poketransfer?

For trade will be original caught date by original trainer.

For poketransfer, I think its the date it was transferred.

1. You register Feebas and Milotic. (same occurance with all evolution through trades)

2. Neither. Even though obtained in Emerald as an egg, you would have went through 2 transfers (pal park and pokeshift) to get it here.

The origin game will be Emerald (not game transferred in), and location met is Pokeshift/Poketransfer

(not day care couple)

3. You referring to trade or poketransfer?

For trade will be original caught date by original trainer.

For poketransfer, I think its the date it was transferred.

poketransfer i guess (it supossedly went from emerald to white via poketransfer and then trade from my white to my white 2.. so according to what u said my date is right as i used date pokemon was transferred to white from poketransfer)

could u confirm that plz? ty for the quick answer

poketransfer i guess (it supossedly went from emerald to white via poketransfer and then trade from my white to my white 2.. so according to what u said my date is right as i used date pokemon was transferred to white from poketransfer)

could u confirm that plz? ty for the quick answer

Yes. The date obtained is the date it first reach Gen V, which in this case when it was transferred to your White! :)

Yes. The date obtained is the date it first reach Gen V, which in this case when it was transferred to your White! :)

ohh.. and what do i put in location? cuz poketransfer is from emerald to white.. and from white to white 2? which option shows it was traded?

or should i place ''route xx'' where it was first obtained ir emerald?

also, regarding my last post, which poketransfer do i choose?

(poketransfer) or Poké Transfer Lab?

can pokemons evolve after they are caught in poketransfer? cuz then id just leave it with that and say i found it from there ehe

ohh.. and what do i put in location? cuz poketransfer is from emerald to white.. and from white to white 2? which option shows it was traded?

or should i place ''route xx'' where it was first obtained ir emerald?

also, regarding my last post, which poketransfer do i choose?

(poketransfer) or Poké Transfer Lab?

can pokemons evolve after they are caught in poketransfer? cuz then id just leave it with that and say i found it from there ehe

Once the Pokemon enter Gen V, the information will not change.

OT and ID and origin cartridge will still be of Emerald,

but location met, date met will poketransfer.

Choose (poketransfer)

no they can't evolve; it's not a trade, it's a one way flight.

Quick Summary:

Original Data:

Pokemon - Feebas, Origin Game - Emerald

Received Day Care Couple, Hatched Route XX

Caught - Date Hatched

OT Name, TID, SID

First Transfer Gen3 (Emerald) to Gen 4 (any) via Pal Park; note Pokemon can't skip from Gen 3 to Gen 5

Received Pal Park

Caught - Date Pal Park Caught

OT Name, TID, SID (From Emerald)

2nd Transfer Gen 4 (Any) to Gen 5 White via Poketransfer

Received (Poketransfer)

Caught - Date Poketransfered

3rd Transfer White to White2

Pokemon - Milotic (evolves during Trade, Pokedex registers both pre- and post- evolution forms), Origin Game - Emerald

Received (Poketransfer)

Caught - Date Poketransfered (From Gen 4 to Gen 5)

Hope this helps

Oh, and as you may have noticed above you can't transfer direct from Gen 3 (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald) to Gen 5 (Black/White 1+2), you have to first send it to any Gen 4 game (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/SoulSilver/HeartGold) via the Pal Park, then onwards to Gen 5 thru the Poketransfer.

Quick Summary:

Original Data:

Received Day Care Couple, Hatched Route XX

Caught - Date Hatched

OT Name, TID, SID

First Transfer Gen3 (Emerald) to Gen 4 (any) via Pal Park; note Pokemon can't skip from Gen 3 to Gen 5

Received Pal Park

Caught - Date Pal Park Caught

2nd Transfer Gen 4 (Any) to Gen 5 White via Poketransfer

Received (Poketransfer)

Caught - Date Poketransfered

3rd Transfer White to White2

Pokemon - Milotic (evolves during Trade, Pokedex registers both pre- and post- evolution forms), Origin Game - Emerald

Received (Poketransfer)

Caught - Date Poketransfered (From Gen 4 to Gen 5)

Hope this helps

Oh, and as you may have noticed above you can't transfer direct from Gen 3 (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald) to Gen 5 (Black/White 1+2), you have to first send it to any Gen 4 game (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/SoulSilver/HeartGold) via the Pal Park, then onwards to Gen 5 thru the Poketransfer.

tried with legal.exe but ive been told it doesnt work/nothing happens when i toss my pkm file in there (other than registering its path)

It'll most likely flag your PID and trash bytes, unless you know the actual PID from your Emerald version. PID's back then were tied to your TID/SID and directly affected Gender, Stats and other parts of your Pokemon. The Trash Bytes (part of your Pokemon's name) were affected when passing thru Pal Park and that change can be used to determine Legality of a pokemon from Gen 3. As to how they were changed, I have no idea so can't help you there, plus that's one of the things we're not supposed to discuss on the forums (see the announcement on the front of the Pokegen forum page).

FYI, there are absolutely no in-game checks regarding PID or trash bytes so you can safely ignore them with no adverse effects.

yeah im only planning to fighting with friends

as long as they dont have something like ''warden'' (anti-hack web which checks every connection)