Pokemon level reset menu

Going to try and put as much detail into this as I can.

I had an idea of adding a new option to the in-game pause menu(Thinking of the gba type side panel).

I was thinking of a new option on that menu that when selected opens up another menu like when you select the "Pokemon" option displaying all of the current Pokemon in your inventory but instead of displaying those normal options like summary etc it asks if you are sure you would like to reset this Pokemons level to 3, followed by the Yes or No option.

*Other* Instead of a new option to the pause menu, just adding it onto the Pokemon menu's list of options.

*Other2* Instead of it being available in the pause menu, have it as an option on the computer in Pokemon Center's.(It actually would fit right in there I think.)

-If considering this option another idea comes to mind to copy/paste similar code to that of exchanging Pokemon(withdraw/deposit) for resetting their levels.

I have seriously wanted to train my Pokemon like this for a very long time. Right from scratch.

I will be eternally grateful to anyone that can/will do this. Hmm...now that I think of it though, I remember the move tutor, he can teach Pokemon whatever move they could learn couldn't they? Well, still..

This idea v. Move Tutor

Also:

Outside program v. In-game

Of course, all of this is an idea if it at all possible. Thank you for reading.

It's already possible with Pokegen. But with an in-game ROM hack... I'll let a ROM researcher say if they think it's possible.

Yes. With an in-game hack like this, instead of launching the outside program, etc, etc, you do it in-game, you reset your Pokemon's level, you keep playing and so on once you catch another new Pokemon and do it again.

I'm not a rom hacker per se (only played with gba, and map hacks in Gen iv and v),

rather than tempering (and potentially destroying) existing infrastructure for pc and start menu,

Scripting a npc to do that might be easier.

It's true that it may cause the game to become unplayable due to crashing or because of tampered code but if it's tested and works think of how much good it will do. I'd try myself if I knew how to code.

Edited by Scrotty

you would need to resize the options on the subscreen, re-align everything on the screen, adjust everything in sub-OAM(shift the top 6 things up 1 at a time, leave the bottommost one alone), hook the code that builds the menu again to add another option to the OAM, add linking code to make the new option open a new menu or whatever, based on like a winAPI RECT(top, bottom, left, right, and subtract) sorta thing with a touchpad read. and that's just what i can think of off the top of my head.

this would be an unbelieveable pain to do.

note the sub-OAM:

evckPHo.png

the icons are in OAM, so they need to be shifted upward. you can do that in code by changing the calls that add them to OAM.

e: doing it with a PC at a pokemon center would be a lot easier. still hard.