Pkm: Research and Development GEN VI

theSLAYER

With the recent updates in regard to the new Pokemon file format, is it safe to assume that a GTS hack has been created/discovered?

Not everyone goes public,somewhere,someone might have hacked the 3DS already,you never know.

I connected my 3DS to Fiddler as a proxy, but no dice. It seems that Pokemon X/Y (or possibly the 3DS itself) creates an HTTPS tunnel (which is encrypted) when it is set to use a proxy server. I also used Wireshark to capture packets from the 3DS, which also seemed to indicate that the 3DS created an encrypted connection with Nintendo's servers.

I'm not particularly skilled with this kind of stuff, so I don't know if I did things right, but this does not bode well for the possibility of a GTS hack, à la ir-gts. I honestly don't know what the next step is here, or if there even is one.

Fiddler only operates at an HTTP level.

Just for clarafication, is the OP's plan to create a massive collection of Mewtwos with values for attacks that are currently unoccupied, transfer all of them, and then see which previously unoccupied values suddenly turn into new/undiscovered moves in X and Y?

Just out of curiosity is Infinite recursion or someone been working on a GTS program/script for the new generation I know it's probably gonna be a while before that happens if at all

I am endeavoring to make progress on IR's work with his Python-based GTS manipulator, and with his permission I've uploaded an updated version

I am endeavoring to make progress on IR's work with his Python-based GTS manipulator, and with his permission I've uploaded an updated version here: https://code.google.com/p/ir-gts-new/'>here

. Unfortunately, he was not responsible for the majority of the crucial back-end work, someone else by the name of LordLandon wrote the code that essentially spoofed the GTS server. It may be worth checking up on him and whether he's interested in trying to figure his way around X and Y's GTS.

I, too, tried sifting through packets that were sent to and from my 3DS during a GTS trade, but Nintendo has not been stingy with encryption.

Just for clarafication, is the OP's plan to create a massive collection of Mewtwos with values for attacks that are currently unoccupied, transfer all of them, and then see which previously unoccupied values suddenly turn into new/undiscovered moves in X and Y?

That seems to be the case, though I'd recommend using Smeargles instead, since they can technically learn almost any attack legally- one less hack check to contend with that way. Though I suspect if Bank/Transporter's bothering to check for such things it'd bother to block invalid moves from the previous generation as well...