Pkm: Research and Development GEN VI

theSLAYER

Hello all, it's theSLAYER here!

I know this is way too early.

But going by how the 3DS is currently locked (no user hack released),

I've been thinking of ways to Have an early prediction of what Hidden Pokemon/moves/abilities exists.

So far, my only plan involves Poketransfer.

A different version will be in Gen VI (no source, just a guess),

but my guess suggests that the way it digests Pkm data might be the same,

so I documented my finds from Gen IV to V transfer.

Here goes:

1. Gen V Species: FAIL.
    Hex editing previous Gen shows up as egg/? markers, which cannot be transferred.
  2. Gen V Attacks: PASS
    I was able to hex edit and import an Arceus with Fusion Bolt from Gen IV into Gen V
  3. Gen V Abilities: UNKNOWN
    Yet to try it out, will update.

How it was done:

1. Hex edit a GEN IV .pkm file

2. Import into .sav using Pokesav (pokegen doesn't read .pkm files for nonexisting .pkm

3. Poketransfer

If Gen V - VI transfer works anything like above, will minimumly get to discover new attacks.

If this method works for Gen VI, we'll be the first to know whats hidden ingame.

Who wants in? :D

I'm In!!!!

That's great!

As of now, there are no programs from that can import RAW edited Pokemon properly, and I'm tweaking my own program for the purpose.

(when I meant Edited, I meant nonexiting movelist or species. Pokegen doesn't accept those criterias)

So far, I've managed to hack the *possible* new Mewtwo forme into my W2 thanks to that.

(when I meant *possible* newtwo forme, I meant through Hex Edit.

by manipulating the .Pkm file, you can make Rotom change formes without using the items.

I did the exact same thing, except that for Newtwo, it will not show until you transfer to Gen VI, and that is if Newtwo isn't a seperate entity altogether

The plan A is this:

If GEN VI follows GEN V in this pattern of being able to early transfer (relocater) event legendaries (think CROWN Raikou, Entei and Suicune)

and without limit, example being able to relocate 100 Mewtwos over and over,

I will create 100 Mewtwos, each with edited attacks (new attacks id number that doesn't exist in GEN V, but exists in GEN VI),

and if they can be transferred, we will see new attacks.

Note that my White 2 hanged at these Mewtwos (because the attacks do not exist, game made a check and crashed),

so we should only do this after X and Y comes out and it's seen through the download play/transfer menu.

Plan B also involves transfer, but basically the standard transfer that may probably occur after Elite Four.

Am I confusing you? You know what I mean right >.<

That's a pretty interesting way of seeing what the new moves will be. Hopefully the hex for pkm in Gen VI is similar to Gen V.

Gen VI will probably be heavily encrypted and hard to crack at.

To theSLAYER, how will your W2 game know VI moves when it doesn't even know X or Y actually exist?

To theSLAYER, how will your W2 game know VI moves when it doesn't even know X or Y actually exist?

He's hoping that the games aren't smart enough to realize that the Gen 5 Pokémon have invalid IDs for their game. This would result in revealing new moves not available in Gen 5, including some that might not have been announced.

That's a pretty interesting way of seeing what the new moves will be.

ikr! I just hope they don't change the way the game determines transfer ><

Gen VI will probably be heavily encrypted and hard to crack at.

I assumed that, which is why I'm using Gen V - VI transfers, rather than brute forcing Gen VI saves

Through Hex-edit.

My proof of concept:

I hacked Fusionbolt (the corresponding ID) on a Gen IV pkm, and when I shifted it to Gen V, it actually got through.

(Pokeshift did however, prevent Zekrom's ID in Gen IV from being shifted)

If they did not cover this loophole in Gen VI, it may be repeated.

Pokegen does not allow loading these pokemon, but Pokesav does.

But there isn't pokesav for B2W2, so I modded my own sav editor (I've haven't uploaded the updated one yet)

I'm almost going to test if abilities will slip through the shifting ><

He's hoping that the games aren't smart enough to realize that the Gen 5 Pokémon have invalid IDs for their game. This would result in revealing new moves not available in Gen 5, including some that might not have been announced.

That is like, that best explanation ever (Y)

• 3 weeks later...

Create a kind of Pokémon Save Editor with all updates about all encounters, all Pokéballs, all Species and everything. Take the source from Codr from Pokégen and do the program which doesn't crash while loading non-english games, please.

• 1 month later...

Long time no see people.

As per mentioned in first post, upon reaching the stage in Gen VI where Pokemon could be imported, I intend to search out of new attacks/formes of existing pokemon.

Even though present understanding is the Mega Evolution is a "new kind of evolution",

I feel that it may be an exagerrated form change (Eg: MegaMewtwo name is still "Mewtwo" on the screen, it's HP stayed the same).

Hence, I've did a minor update on my program (http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?26325-Studio-Pokemon-Injector.)

to prepare for X and Y, which is less than 52 days ahead now.

• 3 weeks later...
Well it looks like they're putting a hack check feature for Pokemon Transporter. I'm sure that legitimate looking hacks will pass with no problem but the ones we would be sending will be a little too obvious.

That's what I thought.

But it depends on what their priorities are.

What if they are too engrossed with checking PID and 31 IVs and maxed out EVs,

They forgot about the small "forme bit"? xD

We'll see how to proceed when it comes.

• 1 month later...

I connected my 3DS to Fiddler as a proxy, but no dice. It seems that Pokemon X/Y (or possibly the 3DS itself) creates an HTTPS tunnel (which is encrypted) when it is set to use a proxy server. I also used Wireshark to capture packets from the 3DS, which also seemed to indicate that the 3DS created an encrypted connection with Nintendo's servers.

I'm not particularly skilled with this kind of stuff, so I don't know if I did things right, but this does not bode well for the possibility of a GTS hack, à la ir-gts. I honestly don't know what the next step is here, or if there even is one.

yea the only thing i can muster is we make proper PIDs and whatnot for the pokes and then hope it works when poketransfer comes out , if not i was gonna try hacking them Gen 4 and see what happens there , i have a backup plan for that and a backup to the backup , i just want a shiny treecko and the last resort is breed legit pokes in black and white 2 and same in X and Y but this all depends on the time

With the recent updates in regard to the new Pokemon file format, is it safe to assume that a GTS hack has been created/discovered?

As the front message on pokecheck.org says, they're working on XY compatibility. When something solid is discovered, you'll know it as soon as we do.

(Really, I don't have any inside info on the research end of PP. I know just as much as you do).