New iPhone/iPod Touch software rip-off

Dragonite.Luv

This is to all of you out there with either an iPod touch or an iPhone (yes, greencat, this includes you).

Since when does Apple charge their customers for a frickin SOFTWARE UPDATE?!? Since, uhm, I dunno, they decided it would be a huge money-maker for them by charging 10 bucks for every iPod Touch and iPhone user in the entire WORLD?!?!? Come on, guys. Really? You could have given us a little bit of a say in this one.

This is outrageous.

Comment if you agree!!

They only charged iPod touch users.

iPhone updates were free.

Apple however have a fatal flaw in their distribution method.

One person has to buy it, then can link anyone to the file (on apple's server) with their serial code.

Do you have an iPod Touch Dragonite.Luv ?

hahahah X)

They only charged iPod touch users.

iPhone updates were free.

Apple however have a fatal flaw in their distribution method.

One person has to buy it, then can link anyone to the file (on apple's server) with their serial code.

Do you have an iPod Touch Dragonite.Luv ?

wait. so you're saying that I could google "iPod Touch update serial code" and get somebody's serial code, and then just get the update.... for free? wow. Apple is kinda dumb.... lol X) thank goodness for that, though. :cool:

and yeah, I have an iPod Touch. :)

As to why you put emphasis on my name, I don't know. :\

Anyways, iPhone updates are free. And IMO, iTouch users can spare an extra $10 for an update. Albums are usually around $13. I don't know if damio's method works, but I guess you can try that too.

Greencat: i only put emphasis on your name cuz I knew you had an iPhone from the off-topic iPhone and iPod Touch texting app hah :)

Mewtwo ex: yeah, possibly not..... But you would still rather have it free like most of the other updates, right?

Telos: ......?

wait. so you're saying that I could google "iPod Touch update serial code" and get somebody's serial code, and then just get the update.... for free? wow. Apple is kinda dumb.... lol X) thank goodness for that, though. :cool:

and yeah, I have an iPod Touch. :)

I wasn't saying that actually.

Oops. It would seem I PMed you a link to every single firmware file from apple :3 My mistake

• 2 weeks later...
dragonite.luv, can u supply the correct link for every1 once u found it

how would i use the serial code method damio

I believe it would be classed as Warez.

If you look at the guides to jailbreak it, you will find a firmware download there. I recommend Google.