PKMDS Save Editor (Gen V for now)

codemonkey85

PKMDS Save Editor 1.0: Edit your Generation 5 save files!

You can download the latest release from: https://github.com/codemonkey85/PKMDS-Save-Editor/releases/latest

Please report issues to the GitHub issue tracker!

e2cf448c-dad0-11e3-941c-90da03be43c8.png009c9574-db1b-11e3-9192-2cf4c402a40a.png

PKMDS Save editor currently supports the following Pokémon games:

• Black
  • White
  • Black 2
  • White 2

As of this release, you can:

1. Import and export Pokémon.
  2. Edit individual Pokémon
    • Common info such as species, form, held item, ball, markings, level
    • Basic info such as nickname, trainer info, ability, EXP
    • Stats info such as IVs, EVs, Nature, Pokerus
    • Moves, PP Ups, current PP
    • Origins info such as met / egg location / date, met level, game, country, fateful, N's Pokémon

[*]Drag and drop your Pokémon between the party and current box, or drag and drop from the party / current box to another box using the list on the right

[*]Edit box names

And there are more features on the way!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guested: your excitement is welcome as always.

evandixon & everyone else who asks: I'm thinking about separately hosting a downloadable version that's always up-to-date, but I'm not 100% sure what the best way to go about that is. I don't want to let people download directly off Google Drive, because I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to, and I don't want to risk them restricting me in any way.

Of course, even if I did do that it would only be good for Windows (until I'm brave enough to try installing Ubuntu on my SSD again so I can compile there).

EDIT: Also, anyone who's interested in trying out the source will not be able to download it directly from my Drive page, so you'll have to contact me directly with a Gmail address if you want to have it shared to you. I got annoyed trying to figure out how to use Git on Windows or directly through Qt, so until I figure that out or a better way, that's how things are working. If you have any suggestions or would like to offer help in improving that situation, help is welcome.

Just FYI: evandixon recently pointed out that people have a hard time getting my source code from Google Drive. To that end, here is a download link: PKMDS Source on Dropbox

I'll try to keep the files in there up-to-date, until I figure out a smarter way (like a proper Github implementation).

Edited by codemonkey85

If you want to take contributions, look at the details of codeplex.com to see if that would suit you. I haven't tried it (putting code on the site), but apparently you can use not only Git, but also TFS (which is easier to deal with in my opinion). Visual Studio comes with TFS support built in, and it may or may not play nicely with Qt.

Or you could look for alternatives. Perhaps give write access to some that are interested in Drop Box and manually log changes.

by the way, what's the goal of the library? accuracy in reading/creating pokemon? i'm just wondering because, for example, you have code to change genders:

void setpkmgender(pokemon_obj *pkm, int gender)
{
switch (gender)
{
case Genders::male:
	pkm->forms.female = false;
	pkm->forms.genderless = false;
	break;
case Genders::female:
	pkm->forms.female = true;
	pkm->forms.genderless = false;
	break;
case Genders::genderless:
	pkm->forms.female = false;
	pkm->forms.genderless = true;
	break;
}
}

which is fine, but gender is determined by the pid. so if you change the gender, you need to adjust the pid across the gender value boundary or (i'm pretty sure) it's illegal. are you leaving that up to the person who uses the library, or..?

I really have to try this out sometime. This has the potential to be the next Pokegen.

I wouldn't go quite that far. I know some people disagree, but I personally think Pokegen has a lot of really good functionality, and some polish to boot.

Nice... seems that you have everything needed for pkm editing and wonder cards, and some save file editing (trainer name, ID, SID, adventure started, badges, boxes,...) and some interesting stuff, keep up the good work!

Not everything. Wonder Cards aren't close to done, and there's a lot of the save file yet to be mapped. Plus, there are lots of graphics I still don't have (I'll probably end up just recreating them manually).

I can't stress enough that my primary goal isn't really to make a save editor, though. It's to make an open library so anyone can make anything with it. Yay openness!

Edited by codemonkey85

Well since you asked:

1. The PC box wallpapers
  2. The Pokerus symbols
  3. The shiny star
  4. The gender symbols
  5. The markings (circle, square, diamond, etc.)

I... think that's it really? I'll get back to you if I think of more.

Edited by codemonkey85

@evandixon

1. Those are a bit too small; I'm not sure what resolution they're stored in for the games, but I imagine it's larger than that?
  2. I need the cured symbol too, which I can't seem to find anywhere.
  3. Thanks for that, I think I missed it.
  4. I could do that but....
  5. That's pretty helpful - thanks! And thanks LEGOanimal22!

@evandixon

1. Those are a bit too small; I'm not sure what resolution they're stored in for the games, but I imagine it's larger than that?
  2. I need the cured symbol too, which I can't seem to find anywhere.
  3. Thanks for that, I think I missed it.
  4. I could do that but....
  5. That's pretty helpful - thanks! And thanks LEGOanimal22!

1. The resolution of the screen is 256 × 192. Surely by now, the location in the ROM of those images have been found. I'll look in a bit.

2. I don't mess with Pokerus much, but I've attached what I think is it.

4. The only other way I'd think is to find a bitmap of the game's font.

PokerusCured..png

PokerusCured..png.de67a845bba3b518ee924d