ConvertNDS, A Script to Convert .3gpkm to .pkm

lifesavers2

A while ago I modified Infinite Recursion's IR-GTS script to simply run its GBAtoNDS fuction to batch-convert .3gpkm files to .pkm files so I could transfer my mobile phone's Ruby ROM Pokemon to my Diamond ROM and then eventually to my Black 2 game cart. Someone sent me a PM not too long ago asking for it, so I'll post it here for everyone to use, since to my knowledge there is no program that can do this other than IR-GTS (and it takes about five minutes per Pokemon). Keep in mind I made this for personal use, and it may not be amazing in terms of integrity, so check your files with PokeCheck or something similar. It does have a tendency to spew random trash bytes everywhere, so I'd recommend running them through Trashbytes.exe if you can still find a copy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?aqnt8nob93cqtci

I've just begun splashing around with Python, so if anyone would like to give advice or critiques, I'd like that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I think I found a bug

When I converted my Articuno from LeafGreen with this program, it became a Kakuna for some reason...it still has the same attacks, stats etc. just the species was changed from Articuno to Kakuna.

That's... certainly interesting. I have no idea why it would do that. What program are you using to view the files? If you're using PokeGen and it's set to 5th gen, it'll show a bit of wierd stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in a similar situation. I want to replay LeafGreen and ultimately transfer the Pokemon over to HeartGold and beyond in an easier way than six at time with the original cartridge. So, I'm looking at playing the GBA game on my phone like you described.

From what you've described this looks like it would help a lot. But... how do I get the 3gpkm out of the save file in the first place so that I can run that batch?

I'm on a Mac, so if not Mac-native then ideally a Wine-compatible solution would be preferred. I'm already family with PokeGen, but that's not for Gen III.

Thanks,

From what you've described this looks like it would help a lot. But... how do I get the 3gpkm out of the save file in the first place so that I can run that batch?

The program I use (which appears to be the only one available) is Enciclopedia Pokemon (yes, it is misspelled). I believe you can find the English file here. It may be an outdated version, but it's the only one I could find in English. The project page (in Spanish) can be found here.

Edit:

Oh, yeah, meant to say there's no Mac version, but, considering it's a single executable file, I say it's a 99/100 chance it'll run under a compatibility shell.

Edited by lifesavers2

• 5 months later...

Guys, i'm having some trouble getting Japanese Pokémon converted, any info with Japanese character is left behind and the result is a Pokémon with no OT info and no name, I've been looking through the code and there is a Japanese structure sort f thing but i think it needs some adjustment for it to work properly.

Any ideas? I wish I could transfer some Japanese event mons, as well as my own Faraway Mew that would eventually pass through gen 5 to 6

DeSmume link is a bitch, it won't work with me, no matter what I do.

Guys, i'm having some trouble getting Japanese Pokémon converted...

Well, the way Pokemon names and OTs are handled is based on the sendpkm script, so any handling of alternate character sets is pretty much done by that. I'm not really advanced enough with Python to help you with that, sorry. It looks like DeSmuMe is your only option...

But if it's only names missing, you can always add them back after processing, using PokeGen or PokeSav.

That just so happens to have been answered in post #8...

''HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.''

I saw that when I clicked the link of the Encyclopedia Pokemon Save File Editor from UniqueGeeks given in that thread you specified :/ MediaFire fails for me, and my anti-virus software just let a shout about a ''malevolent file being blocked from downloading''.

Edited by TokoyamiTheDark
Anti-virus reacted to software download given in post #8

''HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found...

I don't see why MediaFire fails for you, but the only other option would be the Spanish link. The file is too large to be attached to this post... :/

But I can assure you that there's no virus in the program; I've scanned it with three AVs, if that's what you're worried about. If it's just blocking it, though, I'd temporarily disable it.

I don't see why MediaFire fails for you, but the only other option would be the Spanish link. The file is too large to be attached to this post... :/

But I can assure you that there's no virus in the program; I've scanned it with three AVs, if that's what you're worried about. If it's just blocking it, though, I'd temporarily disable it.

To my recollection, one also can try "PokeboxGBA",

found here: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?13832-PokeStock-BW-%28Updated-for-B2-W2

It'll be a folder inside the pokestock.zip,

but to take note a few folders are important, like the stock folder. If you don't extract it, it won't work.