PMD: Explorers of Whatever Save File Contribution Thread

evandixon

So development of Sky Editor, my save file editor for PMD: Explorers of Sky (and a little of Time) is a little slow, because of decaying interest and increasing work: changing things in the game repeatedly, making sense of the changes, making functions, and adding things to the GUI. It would be a big help if people could post their save files for any of the 3 games in the series (Explorers of Time, Darkness, or Sky), so I could go right to the next steps.

Here's what you would need to do:

1. Backup your save file

2. Make a specific change. Perhaps a depositing or withdrawing money in Explorers of Time/Darkness.

3. Save ASAP. The fewer differences, the better.

4. Backup your save file again, then upload both.

5. If you're researching something a little more complicated, like items in Explorers of Time/Darkness.

Suggestions of things to check for:

-Individual stats for a Team Member, both current and base stats

-Anything in Sky Editor that works for Explorers of Sky, but not Explorers of Time/Darkness. Unless someone gets these saves for me, they won't be added since I'm going to spend most of my time working on Sky Editor improving Explorers of Sky editing.

What you'd get out of it:

-(As soon as I put credits back in Sky Editor) Credit in the credits section of Sky Editor

-Less of a wait time for more features in Sky Editor

Edited by evandixon

• 2 weeks later...

What? No-one to bat first? Fair enough, might as well be me.

In any instance, I renamed the team in a savefile I got from another site. By the looks of things, it seems to me that the team name changes the checksum around. Manual renaming of Pokes in a team with a hex editor makes the game throw a hissy-fit, and deletes the data. (Duh!)

Seeing as I also generated a HTML difference file (Bleh!), I decided to zip them up too. Saves on space, I'd say.

Explorers of Dar&#107.zip

Explorers of Dark.zip

It's summer time! And out of luck I stumbled upon this forum and found this thread and I would love to help! Since I'm going to be very bored this summer I wouldn't mind being pretty involved in this. Just reply and tell me what to change. I'll start out with this one. The before is just the before save, and the after save is after I (The team leader) have eaten one gummi (so iq change). These are explorers of darkness saves.

Explorers of Dar&#107.zip

Explorers of Dark.zip

Thanks! I'll take a look at it tomorrow to see if I can add it to the program.

[Edit]

Item support is getting closer. I may have found how held items are handled.

As for IQ, may have found where it is stored, I'll play with it more later to get more info on it (like extactly how many IQ points are raised when an gummi is eaten).

Edited by evandixon

Lots of saves!!! So I made 10 sets of saves this time based around a few different changes. The titles of the save files should sort of tell you what they are, but I will explain them here too. First of all, at the beginning of each save file it either says (before #) or (after #). The two save files with the same number go together (for example the save file that has (before 1) at the beginning goes with the save file that says (after 1) at the beginning). So, here's the list of all of the changes:

For the 1st pair: Started with 1 apple in the toolbox in the before save, then trashed the apple and saved again for the after save.

For the 2nd pair: Started with 48 apples in the toolbox in the before save, then trashed all 48 apples and saved again for the after save.

For the 3rd pair: Just started with a bunch of items in the storage and none in the toolbox for the before save, then 48 items were removed from the storage and trashed from the toolbox then saved for the after save

For the 4th pair: Started with no items in storage, but with 4 pages of escape orbs (32 escape orbs) in the toolbox for the before save. For the after save, I placed all 4 pages (32 items) of escape orbs into the storage then saved.

For the 5th pair: Started with 4 pages of escape orbs in the storage and no items in the toolbox for the before save, then I removed all of the escape orbs from the storage and trashed them then saved for the after save

For the 6th pair: The before save was just a control save, with no items purchased from either kecleon shop and an empty toolbox. I purchased one item (Geo Pebble (5)) from the green kecleon shop, then trashed this item and saved for the after save.

For the 7th pair: Same before save as 6th pair. I purchased one item (flamethrower tm) from the purple kecleon shop, trashed the tm, then saved for the after save.

For the 8th pair: Same before save as 6th pair. I purchased all of the items from the green kecleon shop then trashed them all and saved for the after save.

For the 9th pair: Same before save as 6th pair. I purchased all of the items from the purple kecleon shop then trashed them all and saved for the after save.

For the 10th pair: Same before save as the 6th pair. I purchased all the items from both the green and purple kecleon shops and trashed all the items then saved for the after save.

The goal for the first 2 pairs of saves are to help determine how the toolbox items work.

The goal for the 3-5th pairs of saves are to help determine how the storage items work.

The goal for the 6-10th pairs of saves are to help determine how the shops work and maybe be able to figure out how to edit the contents of the shops and stuff.

As always, all of these saves are for explorers of Darkness. I'm not exactly sure how helpful all of these saves will be and I'm sure a few will be rather repetitive, but I figured better to be safe than sorry, and it's always better to have more than one pair of save files to test for a certain aspect. Hope some of these can help you.

Now you can go nuts! :biggrin:

Edit:

Also, quick sidenote question that you may or may not know anything about (if you don't that's fine), but I am using a flash cart, and I ripped the save files off of my retail cart of Mariokart DS, then when I tried to put them on my flashcart, it didn't work, and I believe it is because mariokart uses eeprom saves and my flashcart uses explicitly flash saves. Do you know of anyway of converting eeprom saves to flash saves? Because when I just play mariokart off of my flashcart without a save file, it creates a flash save file and the saving works fine as a flash save file, I just need to know how to convert the eeprom save file from the retail cart into a flash save file for my flashcart. Any ideas?

Explorers of dar&#10.zip

Explorers of dar .zip

Thanks! I'll use them as I continue to try to read the held items.

As for your Mario Kart issue, that shouldn't be the problem. What are you using to rip the saves? Please respond by posting another thread or by PM.

[update]

Viewing held items now supported (not published yet), but only the item names, not item counts or box contents.

Edited by evandixon

• 1 month later...

Here I have 3 PMD: Explorers of Sky .sav files. They're numbered 1,2,3 so you know which order they go in so no worries there. The first one I was in a Dungeon via Quicksave (It's been a while since I played it so that's where I was when I loaded the game xD), I thought maybe that file would be useful for something to do with location editing. The second is at the Guild after returning from the Dungeon and before going to Treasure Town to "Link" moves. And the third is at the Guild after returning from linking moves in Treasure Town, thought that would be useful for move editing and linking.

PMD - Sky .sav Fil.zip

PMD - Sky .sav Fil.zip