Ability: Intimidate

EVs: 156 HP/108 Atk/100 Def/144 Spd

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Dragon Dance

- Waterfall

- Taunt

- Stone Edge

---

This is my lead pokemon. His job of course can be to taunt so other team cant set up stealth rocks and hopefully get in a dd and sweep. not much else to be said about blood bath =D

sugimoris227.png

Gridiron (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Keen Eye

EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd

Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Rest

- Sleep Talk

- Whirlwind

- Spikes

---

Shiny skarmory for my physical walls. mainly a counter for physical mence so i can just whirwind him out and hopefully get a couple layers of spikes in. but as u guys know this metal bird can take a hit

ShinyBlissey.png

NurseBiss (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers

Ability: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 Def/80 SAtk/176 SDef

Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Wish

- Toxic

- Protect

- Flamethrower

---

You guys know how this goes its no mystery the special wall and staller =] hopefully blissey can wish protect and stall out a special sweeper who is poisoned =D

cresselia-f.png

FullMoon (Cresselia) (F) @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 96 HP/160 Spd/252 SAtk

Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Calm Mind

- Charge Beam

- Moonlight

- Psychic

---

This is my tank. she takes a hit and can dish them out too my main strategy for here is too moonlight and calm mind until she can sweep hopefully nuthing is hitting her too hard.

373.png

Eragon (Salamence) (M) @ Focus Sash

EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd

- Dragon Dance

- Dragon Claw

- Earthquake

- Stone Edge

---

this is my baby lol my physical mence. this dragon come in on special walls and most likely they dont switch out for idk what reason lol and i just dd because i know they dont hit too hard and then i sweep with the dragon and ill always get a dd in because of the focus sash only real problem is hail and sandstorm also priority moves

gengar-softcg-shiny1.jpg

Gengar (M) @ Choice Specs

EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk

- Hidden Power [ice]

- Focus Blast

- Shadow Ball

- Thunderbolt

---

My special sweeper this thing does damage no need to explain im sure u guys have dealt with on of these before lol but on a lighter note if i was a trainer id look like this

Gengar_to_pokedex_by_ShingoTM.jpg

LOL!!!!

BloodBath (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers

- Dragon Dance

- Waterfall

- Taunt

- Stone Edge

As a lead, it doesn't do much. Faster leads will Taunt and shut down Gyara's own Taunt and Dragon Dance. Slower leads (basically Metagross) won't set up and will just launch Meteor Mash or Thunder Punch.

It's not a bad set, but it really doesn't do anything as a lead Pokemon.

Gridiron (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers

Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)/Adamant

- Brave Bird

- Roost

- Whirlwind

- Spikes/Stealth Rock

Skarmory never needs to run a RestTalk set because it has Roost. There are many other Pokemon much better at absorbing status, one of which you even have on your team.

All Skarmory's suffer from being Taunt weak, so it might be worth the time to throw Taunt in there yourself over Brave Bird.

You'll rarely have the time to set up multiple layers of spikes. And SR keeps many of the biggest threats of the metagame (Gyara, Salamence, Dragonite, Zapdos) in check.

images?q=tbn:rAk-ckV4k41FjM:http:

- Wish

- Toxic

- Protect

- Flamethrower

Standard, I prefer Thunder Wave over Toxic. Has better range and hits incoming steels.

- Calm Mind

- Charge Beam

- Moonlight

- Psychic

So what exactly do you want this to do? Wall? Sweep? Because right now, it's doing both.

Calm Mind + Charge Beam=redundant, since Charge Beam is going to raise Sp Atk 70% of the time anyway.

You've already got a special wall with Blissey, so I don't see what Cress is doing that Blissey isn't already.

So re-think of what you want this Pokemon's slot to do, then find a set that fills the role.

Eragon (Salamence) (M) @ Life Orb

- Dragon Dance

- Outrage

- Earthquake

- Fire Fang

Once they figure out that it lacks a fire attack, Bronzong and Skarmory will have a lot of fun with this set.

Also, lol at the Focus Sash. Without a spinner, it WILL be broken.

The other option is to change the nature to one that doesn't hinder Special Attack and put Fire Blast in the slot (highly recommended).

Gengar (M) @ Choice Specs

- Hidden Power [ice]/HP Fire/HP Fight

- Trick/Destiny Bond/Energy Ball

- Shadow Ball

- Thunderbolt

A fairly outdated Specs Gengar. It needs the changes I listed.

HP Fire is a much better choice because it's the only way Gengar can deal with Scizor. HP Fighting is preferred over Focus Blast's horrid accuracy. HP Ice lets you hit anumber of threats and gives you a pseudo boltbeam combo.

Trick allows you to dump the Specs onto slow moving walls that use physical moves (Snorlax, Blissey). Destiny Bond lets you take someone with you. Energy Ball is an attack that gives you some decent coverage if you want an attack there.

Your two Pokes serving as your main attackers are both weak to Stealth Rock and can't heal themselves outside of Leftovers or Wish passing. This will hinder their usefullness, especially if hail or sand is up.

Your third attacker is just generally frail altogether and will not like taking repeated damage from Stealth Rock or sand/hail.

You have no counter for Scizor, Gyarados, and no real plan outside a possible revenge kill for Salamence. Same goes for Heatran.

Starmie easily wipes the floor against half of your team, and can arguably beat Gengar with a bit of luck. Aerodactyl and it's suicide lead brothers and sisters setting up rocks will greatly hinder your team.

And the only Pokemn who could handle Metagross is Salamence.

TLDR: This team is basically 6 Pokemon thrown together. If the sets aren't taken straight from Smogon, then the modifications made to him (Sash on Salamence, lead Gyarados) don't make sense. Sorry, sounds like you need to scrap this and go back to the drawing board.

Hello there, i just saw this team and i think its just flawed a little. You can actually make it work if you really like it.

Originally Posted by ~GC~

BloodBath (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers

- Dragon Dance

- Waterfall

- Taunt

- Stone Edge

OK gyara was one of the top 3 best leads but it has been replaced since a long time and is not even in the top 5 as of yet.As randomspot adequately puts it faster taunt leads will ruin you, scarf leads, meta leads and Aerodactyls will just destroy you. Cant say much though cause this IS a lead Gyara and it can still do a good job of defeating Heatran, Ninjask, Hippowdon, Swampert and Tyranitar leads.

Gridiron (Skarmory) (M) @ Shed Shell

Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)/Adamant

- Brave Bird/Stealth Rock

- Roost

- Whirlwind

- Spikes/Stealth Rock

Well as you can see a high level team doesnt need to have an attack on skarm really. Its main job is to stall out and phaze and die.Lets face facts, its not gonna beat the last poke to win you your game most of the time. So another hazard can actually do well and it gets many opportunities to switch in.

Shed Shell is most certainly a better item as i myself have trapped numerous Skarms with my Magnezone and finished them off before they can even spike, so escaping Maggy is a big deal as they are common now and roost already heals you.

- Wish

- Toxic

- Protect

- Flamethrower

OK the Bliss in my opinion is ok with Toxic and Flamethrower as it takes out the Steel switch in, mostly Scizor with the fire attack and is only walled by Heatran. Though if you ask me id say you should use Seismic toss somewhere on bliss cause Substitute Heatran is a real pain. Salamence can not stop it and as your Gyara is a lead and might die quickly nothing can fend it off.The most Blissey can do is PP stall it out of fire attacks but Special defense drops from Earth Power will finish you off eventually.

- Calm Mind

- Charge Beam

- Moonlight

- Psychic

Cress is seriously of no use here... you already have the Skarmbliss combo you could do better with another sweeper which isnt frail or weak to SR. Calm mind and Charge beam is stupid of course and the omnipresent sand stream will shut down this set entirely.Frankly id say just dont use Cress, think of a sweeper that would help you.

Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)

- Dragon Dance

- Outrage

- Earthquake

- Flamethrower

Salamence is truly a fearsome sweeper and can sweep whole teams unprepared for it. A naive nature doesnt reduce you special attack and Flamethrower is the move to go with rather than Fire fang or even Blast simply because of the rather Disturbing Lucario and Scizor weaknesses you have. They are 2 of the most used and deadly physical sweepers out there and finishing them off quickly is the smart thing to do.Flamethrower will kill them off for sure cause Fire blast might miss and cost you the game.Intimidate helps take those +2 (+1 after switching of course) high priority attacks and this is where the naive nature comes in as your Defense stat remains intact.

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf

- Hidden Power [ice]

- Focus Blast

- Shadow Ball

- Thunderbolt

I saw this and i though whats the problem with it? and then i saw the Specs..... you see specs is useless on Gar now. But this Gar with Scarf will make an excellent revenge killer. It WILL take out Salamence, Gyara and Tar after a Dragon Dance.Still OHKO offensive Latias without a Calm mind and finish off any kind of Starmie other than a Scarf version.HP Fire is absolutely redundant on a Poke as frail as Gar....i mean Scizor will really Swords dance on your face wont it randomspot? no offense.... while you kill it with your Fire attack? Most Zors are CB and will OHKO Gar with Bullet punch with incredible ease. Trick might do the trick but Focus Blast is unfortuantely (as i dont use it and normally wouldnt recommend it) the better investment as nothing can really take out Tyranitar with ease, especially after it gets a dragon dance up.Scarf Heatran will also go down to it. That about sums it up ~GC~.

For that Cress spot if you dont want a sweeper you could use a thunder wave Pokemon. It will help you against some sweepers that boost speed unexpectedly. This will make your team much more balanced and its still all those pokes YOU put together other than cress of course.:wink:

This is not a disapproval of what randomspot says but only my opinion on your team and that with some changes and proper usage it can still work. Fairly well actually :smile:

Eragon (Salamence) (M) @ Focus Sash

- Dragon Dance

- Dragon Claw

- Earthquake

- Stone Edge

- Dragon Dance

- Outrage

- Earthquake

- Fire Fang

I agree with randomspot555's Salamence set better. If you use your set, a Bronzong with Levitate which is used a lot on Wi-Fi battles can wall all your attacks which gives you no chance but to retreat.

Eh, I prefer to put Fire Blast instead of Fire Fang to take down Skarmory (I don't know how many EVs it takes to OHKO the standard, but I promise you it won't take much). They'll often wall you and phaze you away without it.

It won't require too much changing though. I'd settle for Naive nature then just to get the speed boost against others who plan on running Adamant/Lonely/Naughty.

EDIT: Running the calcs, it takes 262 SpA (24 SpA investment) to guarantee an OHKO on 334/176 Skarmory, so I guess it's 232 Atk/24 SpA/252 Speed for this (I wouldn't take away speed).

Um guys..... you seem to be forgetting he has a frightening Luke and Zor weakness.:\ They are used twice as much as Skarm and from experience i know Fire blast is a huge let down. As well as considering that both can 2hko Sally with high priority attacks if the FB misses which will cost you the game. If you have to put some EVs in spe atk for that ohko on skarm then go ahead cause it doesnt make too much of a difference for its atk stat. In case you wanna have more spe atk and not that speed boost you can go for a Rash nature as well (+SAtk, -Sdef)

Metagross can still be handled by skarm and then finished off with Salamence. Meta cant hurt skarm much (unfortunately) without HP fire which is pretty useless sometimes.

Another thing i noticed was that you have nothing to counter a Swampert. They are very hard to take down believe me. I always carry atleast one grass type attack to finish them off before they do their thing. You could put HP grass or anything else of the grass type on your other special sweeper.

About P-Z....i dont know if it'll work on this team.... i mean it will be serving no purpose here.... even a Gallade with Leaf Blade can take out swampert :wink: i really dont know what to recommend you.... cus this metagame is physically oriented and has few special sweepers. You could try Azelf with Grass knot but it has the same potential as Gengar....i think if you used an Alakazam with Focus Blast to stop DD Tyranitars it would work very nicely. Zams can still out speed Tars even after their DD. If you go with Zam then remove focus blast from Gengar and give it Energy Ball for Swampy and rhyperior, as with levitate Gar can switch in unscathed unlike Zam who WILL get pwned. I think you should use this set for Zammy

Alakazam Item- Life Orb or Specs

Ability-Synchronize

EVs-252 SAtk/252 Spd/HP 6

Timid Nature

Psychic

Focus Blast

Signal Beam/Encore

Calm Mind (if LO)/Shadow Ball/Trick (if speced)

Tar after DD only gets 365 Speed which is good but only good enough to outspeed base 115 spd stat pokes so others like Dugtrio, Weavile and Zam will still out speed it and get a free switch in on that DD. Other than beating Tar Zam is a frightning sweeper after even a single CM. Signal beam will destroy cele and still hurt Latias well. You could Trick your Specs to some wall and if your low on health just use Encore as you die which will give others a free switch in to set up or blissey to Poison. Psychic will sweep and ohko most of the things that dont resist it.

LOL that was a LOT! I couldnt put all this the first time cause i was super sleepy but im glad i added this. This completes my opinion of your team and guess what?!

Your team handles almost every pokemon there is in OU. Good luck and Happy battling :biggrin:

good responses i took out cress for zam and put energy ball on gengar and scarfd him also put flamethrower on mence. brave bird, roost and shed shell on skarm and im gonna try it out now lol thanks for the input

OK gyara was one of the top 3 best leads but it has been replaced since a long time and is not even in the top 5 as of yet.As randomspot adequately puts it faster taunt leads will ruin you, scarf leads, meta leads and Aerodactyls will just destroy you. Cant say much though cause this IS a lead Gyara and it can still do a good job of defeating Heatran, Ninjask, Hippowdon, Swampert and Tyranitar leads.

How does it defeat Ninjask? Protect Ninjask can easily pass +1 speed. Sub Ninjask can probably live long enough even if it gets Taunted. Or...you know, they can just switch, since almost everyone has a Gyarados counter.

Sure, it defeats Heatran, but Heatran is not a common lead, and no one would leave Heatran in on Gyara anyway.

Hippowdon is only clearly defeated if it carries Ice Fang in the 4th slot. Without being Taunted, it can Roar or Toxic and set up SR. Or it might carry Stone Edge since Ground + Rock has some decent coverage. It's bulky enough to survive some SE hits, since Gyara is concentrating on bulk rather than attack, and will get worn down by Sand stream. It's not a GREAT weapon, but it by no means is something Gyara can take lightly.

lol at Swampert. It easily wins against this Gyarados. Access to Roar/SR, neutral damage from water, resists Stone Edge. And is actually a reasonably popular starter, as is Hippowdon.

Tyranitar wins hands down against Gyara. It'd be crazy to NOT switch out. Though not really a common enough starter.

Shed Shell is most certainly a better item as i myself have trapped numerous Skarms with my Magnezone and finished them off before they can even spike, so escaping Maggy is a big deal as they are common now and roost already heals you.

Agreed here. Shed Shell is a great item for Skarm, but you then have to have Roost somewhere on the set.

OK the Bliss in my opinion is ok with Toxic and Flamethrower as it takes out the Steel switch in, mostly Scizor with the fire attack and is only walled by Heatran. Though if you ask me id say you should use Seismic toss somewhere on bliss cause Substitute Heatran is a real pain. Salamence can not stop it and as your Gyara is a lead and might die quickly nothing can fend it off.The most Blissey can do is PP stall it out of fire attacks but Special defense drops from Earth Power will finish you off eventually.

Seismic Toss means you lose Wish passing, which makes Blissey a great team player. EP dropping special defense is only a 10% chance and isn't really something to take into factor against non-Serene Grace Pokes.

I saw this and i though whats the problem with it? and then i saw the Specs..... you see specs is useless on Gar now.

It's not useless. Specs Gar and Scarf Gar just fill different roles. One is a sweeper. The other, revenge killer.

HP Fire is absolutely redundant on a Poke as frail as Gar....i mean Scizor will really Swords dance on your face wont it randomspot? no offense.... while you kill it with your Fire attack? Most Zors are CB and will OHKO Gar with Bullet punch with incredible ease.

You point out exactly why you're wrong in your post. Most Scizors run Choice Band. If Scarfgar is a Revenge Killer (which it is), then you know what it's going to do. Don't bring a revenge killer in on Scizor if it is set on a deadly priority move.

Trick might do the trick but Focus Blast is unfortuantely (as i dont use it and normally wouldnt recommend it) the better investment as nothing can really take out Tyranitar with ease, especially after it gets a dragon dance up.Scarf Heatran will also go down to it. That about sums it up ~GC~.

Run HP Fight. Gengar the revenge killer can't afford to miss.

Um guys..... you seem to be forgetting he has a frightening Luke and Zor weakness.:\ They are used twice as much as Skarm and from experience i know Fire blast is a huge let down.

85% accuracy for a lot more power is not a huge letdown. It's a fine trade off, and those that are THAT worried about it can use Heat Wave instead (90% accuracy).

Ironically, you complain about Fire Blast's accuracy but constantly talk about how Focus Blast is a-okay despite it's 70% accuracy.

How does it defeat Ninjask? Protect Ninjask can easily pass +1 speed. Sub Ninjask can probably live long enough even if it gets Taunted. Or...you know, they can just switch, since almost everyone has a Gyarados counter.

Sure, it defeats Heatran, but Heatran is not a common lead, and no one would leave Heatran in on Gyara anyway.

Hippowdon is only clearly defeated if it carries Ice Fang in the 4th slot. Without being Taunted, it can Roar or Toxic and set up SR. Or it might carry Stone Edge since Ground + Rock has some decent coverage. It's bulky enough to survive some SE hits, since Gyara is concentrating on bulk rather than attack, and will get worn down by Sand stream. It's not a GREAT weapon, but it by no means is something Gyara can take lightly.

lol at Swampert. It easily wins against this Gyarados. Access to Roar/SR, neutral damage from water, resists Stone Edge. And is actually a reasonably popular starter, as is Hippowdon.

Tyranitar wins hands down against Gyara. It'd be crazy to NOT switch out. Though not really a common enough starter.

I never said Gyara is a fine lead Randy, can i call you that?, lol. I say that it cant beat the top leads used these days. But all the leads mentioned by me ARE beaten by Gyara. +1 speed is nothing to jump for joy for in this speed driven metagame which Scizor rules (how i hate it >_<) with his CB BP.

Taunt doesnt allow SR to go up which is the main purpose of this Gyara.

Its as good as Gliscor as a lead. Hippo and Tar are only used for instant Sand on sand teams or to break the sash of non sand resist leads. Swampy has all that yes but cant use any of it after a taunt now cant it? It cant hurt Gyara with anything except Stone Edge which lead Swampys dont carry. Ice punch wont even hurt this bulky boy. Tar may still not be able to Ohko this much bulk after that Atk drop while Gyara will just 2 maybe 3hko.

Shed Shell is a great item for Skarm, but you then have to have Roost somewhere on the set.

Wouldnt you agree that roost is THE best thing that ever happened to skarmory....i mean after the truck load of physical attackers dumped in OU, wouldnt Resttalk be obsolete? A skarmory without roost is like a..... a..... an Electric type without an electric move! I mean some Metagross might not carry MM but all skarms SHOULD carry roost.

Seismic Toss means you lose Wish passing, which makes Blissey a great team player. EP dropping special defense is only a 10% chance and isn't really something to take into factor against non-Serene Grace Pokes.

I just said this cause Heatran is a special attacker and a scary one at that..... and on that blissey unfortunately cant hurt or paralyse when it has a sub. I meant to not take away Wish protect but rather Toxic or Flamethrower cause ive already said how dangerous Subtran is and only blissey can take several hits from it.......this i speak from personal experience as a battler after defeating countless mindless, smogonite drones...... and btw YES EP can make a difference with Sub and blissey without ST. The SD drops will finish you off. Ive been in 2 predicaments like that one and owe the one i won to ST cause no other poke on my team beat Heatran.......though if Trans not a problem for a trainer at all then ST isnt needed, thats why i dont use it everytime. The time where i didnt use ST and lost was when i faced Zarian in an epic match and were down to Blissey and his Special Luke with Psychic for that same 10% sp def drop. My attack moves were out and he kept hitting me with Psychic and then Aura Sphere till he got 2 sp def drops on me and finished me off.......of course that was a long time ago on OS back when i was a bit of a noob.:redface:

It's not useless. Specs Gar and Scarf Gar just fill different roles. One is a sweeper. The other, revenge killer.

I meant its useless in this case, and yes no one uses specs any longer, due to pursuit pokemon and bliss which can easily stop a sweep from even starting. Mostly LO is used and Scarf is unsuspecting and gives you a good revenge kill when your opponent thinks you made the wrong move.

Quote:

HP Fire is absolutely redundant on a Poke as frail as Gar....i mean Scizor will really Swords dance on your face wont it randomspot? no offense.... while you kill it with your Fire attack? Most Zors are CB and will OHKO Gar with Bullet punch with incredible ease.

You point out exactly why you're wrong in your post. Most Scizors run Choice Band. If Scarfgar is a Revenge Killer (which it is), then you know what it's going to do. Don't bring a revenge killer in on Scizor if it is set on a deadly priority move.

LOL you point out my single opinion to be wrong, while SD Zor is still widely used. Gengar cant switch in on any move that CB Scizor uses except a fighting move which is used only occasionaly at the end of the match. Even U turn ,which just allows Zor to switch out, does 35% with CB even though its resisted 4x. Night slash and pursuit kills it as well. CB Zor is not a sweeper but a powerful hit and run poke whereas SD Zor is the Bloody Assasin which will kill any Gengar without a sash. HP Fire is pointless no matter what.

Sally on the other hand doesnt care what type of Zor it is and can switch in on anything but a CB BP (cause that would just 2hko) and force Zor out or kill it for sure with Flamethrower.

Run HP Fight. Gengar the revenge killer can't afford to miss.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldgross

Um guys..... you seem to be forgetting he has a frightening Luke and Zor weakness. They are used twice as much as Skarm and from experience i know Fire blast is a huge let down.

85% accuracy for a lot more power is not a huge letdown. It's a fine trade off, and those that are THAT worried about it can use Heat Wave instead (90% accuracy).

Ironically, you complain about Fire Blast's accuracy but constantly talk about how Focus Blast is a-okay despite it's 70% accuracy.

You seem to not know that both Tran and Tar survive HP Fight with ease even if Gar is LO. A bulky Tar can survive a LO focus blast. On top of that ive said that Alakazam should use FB instead and Gar should run Energy ball.

And another thing..... i never said i love Focus blast and hate fire blast. lol good i didnt put both as short forms. I never use Gengar or Zam as sweeperzs for the very reason that focusB has 70% accuracy. But you cant deny that it gives Gar 2 moves having 120 base power and perfect type coverage. Ive stated that i dont recommend it but its an important investment. Non DD Tar is not as huge a threat as DD ones and Sally can ko them if Gar fails.

WHEREAS

Luke and Zor only need one mistake and can annihilate your entire team. That single miss from Fire blast is worth much more than missing with focus blast. Even Forry can do loads of damage to you with Gyro Ball if FB misses and you have +1 spd......and dont even get me started on metagross.....it would atleast die for sure if at 70~80% health rather than being untouched and finishing off sally. Heat wave is the same thing and is even more redundant really...... why wouldnt i use something with 10% more accuracy and only 5 points less power than the other way around? Heat wave was a help to Zapdos, but when Flamethrower is on offer, one would be crazy to use Heat wave instead:tongue: