NDS Save File Converter [v2.5: Updated 7/24/2011]

evandixon

I'm not so sure if this is a help thread, but I have a problem with converting my Soul Silver save files. I am trying to convert a Acekard .sav to a Desmume .dsv and it works, but when I try and play the game says the save file was corrupted.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not so sure if this is a help thread, but I have a problem with converting my Soul Silver save files. I am trying to convert a Acekard .sav to a Desmume .dsv and it works, but when I try and play the game says the save file was corrupted.

Try (in DeSmuMe) using File -> Impoort Backup Memory, instead of converting with the converter.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey there i am new here and i dont know whether i am allowed to just write an answer with another question so if i have done anything wrong please just tell me

I really enjoy this site you are talking about and everything just worked perfectly to the point I wanted to convert a pokemon save stat from my emulator to a .sav file the problem is that i cannot upload the file because its easiliy is too big (like 1.75mb and I think it just works up to 500kb. So do you have anysuggestions what i can do because I did not find any other converter to convert a .dss file to a .sav file.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello all,

I'm trying to make a Save file from Pokemon black & Pokemon Black Version 2. I tried DeSmuMe, use File -> Import/Export Backup Memory. Okay so when I go to load them on my r4 card & boot up my nds try the 2 games the screen just goes white. I did however got Diamond to work so I know I'm not that stupied

Hello all,

I'm trying to make a Save file from Pokemon black & Pokemon Black Version 2. I tried DeSmuMe, use File -> Import/Export Backup Memory. Okay so when I go to load them on my r4 card & boot up my nds try the 2 games the screen just goes white. I did however got Diamond to work so I know I'm not that stupied

Are you using Wood R4? Some newer games have problems if you don't.

Hello all,

BW and BW2 needed patching, the newest cart firmwares auto-patch. It does not have anything to do with the savefile.

BW and BW2 needed patching, the newest cart firmwares auto-patch. It does not have anything to do with the savefile.

@suloku

So does them mean a I need some other card? or is the a patch somewhere? I have another non-pokemon game that error's also and didn't metion is since this seems like pokemon only fourm

v1.18 is the latest firmware for the original R4, so if that's the one you have, you would be able to get Wood R4 here.

The original R4 doesn't have an URL on it.

The original also autoboots when you turn on your DS, and doesn't support SDHC (at least not with the official firmware), so those would be indications of you having an original.

(If you do have an URL on it, though, that would mean you have some kind of clone, and like evan above said, you should post the URL so that we can possibly figure out which kind it is and if you can get Wood for it.)

@evandixon,

Not tried it yet cause I only have 1 2gb mirco card & the site said don't use anything bigger then 2gb. Also once I put wood on the card do I still need moonshell? or what other files would I need? other than the ones on wood

Your existing card will still work, just copy the Wood R4 files from the Wood R4 download over, replacing the .dat file in the root. I would recommend keeping Moonshell since it's the best media player for the DS, but you don't technically need it.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys. Sorry to trouble you. I have a supercard SD (it has picture of boba fett on it) and I've been playing heartgold for like 90 hours. The Supercars has decided to stop working for me. If I buy an R4i would the save be convertible for that or should I buy something else. It's basically the only save I care about. I really appreciate any response :)

Hey guys. Sorry to trouble you. I have a supercard SD (it has picture of boba fett on it) and I've been playing heartgold for like 90 hours. The Supercars has decided to stop working for me. If I buy an R4i would the save be convertible for that or should I buy something else. It's basically the only save I care about. I really appreciate any response :)

I don't know much about the Supercard SD, but since most flashcarts nowadays use raw saves, it will probably work.