evandixon

Sky Editor: The first save editor for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky

211 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, evandixon said:

What do you do immediately before it crashes?  If you upload the save you're using, it would help debug things.

And just to make sure, are you using version 4.0.11?

 
 

I go to File > Save > Save/SaveAs. The program waits a few seconds until a popup comes up saying that an error as occurred. And, yes, I am using version 4.0.11

Edit: Also after the error, it force quits. The only thing I have been able to edit without the program crashing is the team name. 

 

POKEDUN SORA.2.sav

Edited by IamAVeryNicePereson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eeyoregod    0

Is anyone else having trouble getting save files from their physical copies onto the computer. R4i will not even read my Eos game, but it works for all my other mystery dungeon game. Does anyone know the proper way to get your save file? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
evandixon    391
On 1/28/2017 at 11:06 AM, IamAVeryNicePereson said:

I go to File > Save > Save/SaveAs. The program waits a few seconds until a popup comes up saying that an error as occurred. And, yes, I am using version 4.0.11

Edit: Also after the error, it force quits. The only thing I have been able to edit without the program crashing is the team name. 

 

POKEDUN SORA.2.sav

I am unable to replicate the issue.  What specific edits are you making that results in the crash?

GwhZUKI.png

On 1/29/2017 at 11:02 PM, eeyoregod said:

Is anyone else having trouble getting save files from their physical copies onto the computer. R4i will not even read my Eos game, but it works for all my other mystery dungeon game. Does anyone know the proper way to get your save file? 

If you have a 3DS, that makes things much easier. See here for more information and alternatives:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2017 at 9:01 PM, evandixon said:

I am unable to replicate the issue.  What specific edits are you making that results in the crash?

GwhZUKI.png

If you have a 3DS, that makes things much easier. See here for more information and alternatives:

 

 
 

I somehow was able to get it to work. It still occasionally crashes though. 

 

I'm trying to edit my partner to be Skitty and add boosts to moves. (Like you get Tackle+1 by drinking the ginseng)

 

 

EDIT: Btw I use a 3ds.

Edited by IamAVeryNicePereson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
evandixon    391
4 hours ago, WhatHappenedToStairs said:

Since you can edit items, that means we know what index number they have. The items in the drop-menu are sorted by it, right?

Yep.  They can be found here:

https://github.com/evandixon/SkyEditor.SaveEditor/tree/master/SkyEditor.SaveEditor/Resources/en

(I should probably put these on the PP wiki at some point.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ammako    112

Thanks for (indirectly) bringing to my attention that TWLSaveTool has been updated to make EoS work properly haha.

I never bothered keeping up with it and figured it would never get fixed since SGM on the DS had never fixed it. Figured that game was just so weird that no-one knew how it worked.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DryBones157    10

Hi, is there any experience with Scripting in Explorers of Sky?

The thing is that I've been using this script editor: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=282629

It works fine, as I was able to edit animations and change portraits, as well as the script.

 

But in some parts there's some line under the tag

#Constants

0'UM02'

#Strings

(script stuff here)

And doing any edit to it, even as minimal as possible, like changing a letter, it screws up the whole script and  I was unable to fix it or find any reasons of why is it doing that.

 

And if I delete the 'UM02' thing, the ROM freezes after reaching to this point. And not only this happens in the underground of the guild, it happens in some other parts too, which is driving me crazy. And what's odd is because the majority of the scripts do not have the UM02 thing. Any help please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
evandixon    391
On 3/21/2017 at 8:25 PM, DryBones157 said:

Hi, is there any experience with Scripting in Explorers of Sky?

The thing is that I've been using this script editor: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=282629

It works fine, as I was able to edit animations and change portraits, as well as the script.

 

But in some parts there's some line under the tag

#Constants

0'UM02'

#Strings

(script stuff here)

And doing any edit to it, even as minimal as possible, like changing a letter, it screws up the whole script and  I was unable to fix it or find any reasons of why is it doing that.

 

And if I delete the 'UM02' thing, the ROM freezes after reaching to this point. And not only this happens in the underground of the guild, it happens in some other parts too, which is driving me crazy. And what's odd is because the majority of the scripts do not have the UM02 thing. Any help please?

AFAIK, constants are needed for certain commands in scripts.  It's probably best to not touch them without knowing a lot more about what's going on.  Certain commands that accept them might be listed in the wiki.  Strings (which are basically the same as constants but are used differently) should be safe to modify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DryBones157    10
On 24/3/2017 at 4:29 PM, evandixon said:

AFAIK, constants are needed for certain commands in scripts.  It's probably best to not touch them without knowing a lot more about what's going on.  Certain commands that accept them might be listed in the wiki.  Strings (which are basically the same as constants but are used differently) should be safe to modify.

Eh, that's what I actually did, not touch the constants, but when i change something under the strings for some reason it screws up the script when playing the game. On the wiki I didn't find much info for the constants, but I actually got the meaning of some strings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jashkobaki    0

I'm using SkyEditor 3.2 and messing around with portraits. Since the main playable pokemon have several portraits they use, I was wondering if it is possible to add more portraits to other pokemon who only have one or so portraits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now