Sky Editor: The first save editor for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky

evandixon

On 5/5/2013 at 2:59 PM, evandixon said:

This program will let you edit various things in the saves of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red and Blue Rescue Team and Explorers of Time, Darkness, and Sky, and some parts of the ROM for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky!

You need the .Net Framework 4.6 to use 4.0.4 and above. Other versions only require 4.5.

Last Update: 12/23/2016

Latest Version: v4.0.11 Beta

Download

Changelog:

Reveal hidden contents

v4.0.11

• Fixed game-breaking bug when saving Explorers of Time/Darkness saves
  • Fixed bug in Rescue Team saves where changing a move from None to something wouldn't show in-game

v4.0.5

• Re-added the ability to edit moves of Active Pokemon in EoS
  • Fixed Sp. Attack and Defense being swapped

v4.0.4

Bugs fixed:

• All occurrances of the character "e" being replaced with a superscript e
  • Quicksave Pokémon being corrupted
  • The original species of the partner
  • The size of the window not being saved on exit

v4.0.3

Notable changes:

• Item Storage for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red and Blue Rescue Team is now editable.
  • Original player and partner in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky can be edited (can be observed at the beginning of the Bidoof's Wish special episode).
  • Stored Pokemon in all supported save files can now be imported and exported as individual Pokémon files.
  • Lots of bug fixes and internal changes

v3.2

New Features:

• Explorers of Sky
    • (Save) Stored items are editable
    • (Save) Pokemon in quicksave are (somewhat) editable
    • (ROM) BGP files can be converted to and from pngs.
    • (ROM) Personality test results are editable. Including partner Pokémon.
    • (ROM) Pokémon portraits are editable

[*]Red/Blue Rescue Team

• Checksum is properly updated for European saves
    • Stored Pokémon can be edited in European saves.

[*](In the version containing DeSmuMe), press F5 or use the menu to launch your save or ROM in DeSmuMe.

[*]Lots of bug fixes

[*]Lots of internal changes to let future versions be released faster

v3.1

Bug Fixes since 3.0.1:

* No scroll bar for viewing stored items in Red/Blue Rescue Team

* Editing stored money works now.

New features:

* Edit Rescue Points for Red/Blue Rescue Team

* Change Base Type for Red/Blue Rescue Team

* Edit Pokémon in the Boundless Sea friend area (Red/Blue Rescue Team)

* Open/Save stored Pokémon as *.skypkm files.

** When opening/saving a *.skypkm file from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, it is compatible with Sky JEditor

* ARDS code generation (currently only for Blue Rescue Team)

* Codebreaker (CBA) code generation for Red Rescue Team

* Developers can make plugins to extend the functionality of Sky Editor, including save editing and ARDS code generation

v3.0.1

Bug Fixes:

*Fixed bug where adding a held item ignored the item count

New Features

*Editing T/D Held Items supported

*Editing Red/Blue held items and Pokémon supported

*Stored Pokémon for all games are sortable by Friend Area or Team vs. Others

v2.6

Explorers of Sky

-Added ability to view name and level of Pokémon.

Explorers of Time/Darkness

-Held items can now be viewed, not edited

v2.3

-Increased max length of Team Name read/write to the proper 10 characters.

-Stored items display properly (as opposed to being duplicated when opening the same save again)

-Stored money read/write improved. Additionally, the limit is set to 9,999,999 because I don't know how high it will actually go, but the game lowers it to 9,999,999 anyway.

v2.2

Added support for .Net developers to make plugins to generate ARDS codes based on what's in the save.

v2.1

-Stored money maximum read/write increased to 16,580,607. That will be lowered to 9,999,999 once you withdraw any.

-Added viewing of stored items (no item counts or box contents yet).

-Changed GUI to have a tab control for items.

v2.0 R2

-Resource not packaged correctly v2.0. Fixed now.

v2.0

-Edit Held Money in Special Episode

-Edit Held Items in Special Episode

Current Features:

Reveal hidden contents

Current Features

* Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

** Edit Team Name

** Edit Held Money (Main game and special episode)

** Edit Bank Money

** Edit Number of Adventures

** Edit Held Items (Main game and special episode)

** Edit Stored Pokémon

** Edit Active Pokémon (Main game and Special Episode)

** Edit Stored Items

* Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness

** Edit Team Name

** Edit Held Items

** Edit Stored Pokémon

** Edit Active Pokémon

* Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red and Blue Rescue Team

** Edit Team Name

** Edit Held money

** Edit Stored Money

** Edit Held Items

** Edit Pokémon

** Edit Rescue Points

** Edit Base Type

** View Stored Items

and more!

Cheat Generation

* Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team (CBA cheats only)

** Base Type

** Held Money

** Stored Money

** Rescue Points

** Team Name

* Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team (ARDS cheats only)

** Base Type

** Held Money

** Stored Money

** Rescue Points

** Team Name

Credits:

-evandixon (Developer)

-Grovyle91 (Research of item structure)

-Prof. 9 (Team Name character encoding)

-matix2267 (Research of Pokémon structure)

-Demonic722 (Help with cheat generation)

-psy_commando (lots of stuff for ROM editing)

Old Downloads:

-Sky Editor 4.0.5 - Only save editing

-Sky Editor 4.0.4 - Only save editing

-Sky Editor 4.0.3 - Only save editing

-Sky Editor 3.2.zip

-Sky Editor 3.2 (No DeSmuMe).zip - same as above, but without DeSmuMe integration to keep the file size low.

-Sky Editor 3.2 (Full).zip - Contains debug symbols and XML comments. Only useful if you're a developer.

-Sky Editor 3.2 (Source).zip - Contains the source code for Sky Editor 3.2.

When you download a zip file, it's important that you right-click on it, got to Properties, then general, then click the button that says "Unblock" near the bottom. Otherwise, you might not be able to do anything with Sky Editor.

Source on GitHub

Other downloads:

Sky Editor v2.0 R.zip 342.47 kB · 1097 downloads

Sky Editor v2.1..zip 340.98 kB · 535 downloads

Sky Editor v2.2..zip 494.34 kB · 550 downloads

Sky Editor v2.3..zip 494.3 kB · 869 downloads

Sky Editor v2.6..zip 371.17 kB · 2791 downloads

Sky Editor v3.0.1.zip 414.51 kB · 4548 downloads

Sky Editor 3.1 Final.zip 424.62 kB · 3464 downloads

Sky Editor 3.2 (No DeSmuMe).zip 1.3 MB · 1943 downloads

ples mak it so we can change ability to startr pokeman.

• 1 month later...

Hello @evandixon, I'm using the last version of SkyEditor.
I was playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team (Italian-European version) but all of a suddend it crashed and, when I restarted the game, I could only see "New Game" instead of "Continue".

So I backuped my .SAV file from my R4 cartridge and i tried to load it into SkyEditor: the data was read, so just for trying I increased money by 1 unit and saved the file. I loaded it back to the R4 cartridge, and this time I could see my team's data and statistics. So I clicked "Continue", but then I only had a black screen with pokemon music being played in the background.

Same situations trying with Desmume emulator on Windows.

Is there something that could be done, or that maybe I've been doing wrongly? I also attached the "broken" corrupted file, and the partially fixed one (through SkyEditor).
Thanks in advance, I would really appreciate your help: it's sad to suddenly lose hours of game..

broken.sav partially_fixed.sav

On 2/22/2020 at 2:01 PM, Rainbow the Dragon Cat said:

When I open my save in the editor, I get this:

There is no available UI for this object of type "SkyEditor.Core.IO.GenericFile".

What is happening?

Screenshot: 

cropped.png

Go to FIle,Open, let me choose file type.

On 3/29/2020 at 9:27 AM, mino-9898 said:

Hello @evandixon, I'm using the last version of SkyEditor.
I was playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team (Italian-European version) but all of a suddend it crashed and, when I restarted the game, I could only see "New Game" instead of "Continue".

So I backuped my .SAV file from my R4 cartridge and i tried to load it into SkyEditor: the data was read, so just for trying I increased money by 1 unit and saved the file. I loaded it back to the R4 cartridge, and this time I could see my team's data and statistics. So I clicked "Continue", but then I only had a black screen with pokemon music being played in the background.

Same situations trying with Desmume emulator on Windows.

Is there something that could be done, or that maybe I've been doing wrongly? I also attached the "broken" corrupted file, and the partially fixed one (through SkyEditor).
Thanks in advance, I would really appreciate your help: it's sad to suddenly lose hours of game..

broken.sav 512 kB · 0 downloads partially_fixed.sav 512 kB · 1 download

Sounds like your save file is corrupted. When only the "New Game" option is present, it's a sign the checksum is invalid, which is a sign of corruption. Sky Editor doesn't do any validation and just fixes the checksum, which could be useful if someone makes manual hex edits to the save, but it won't do any other repair.

Going forward, I recommend making periodic backups of all your save files for this reason.

2 minutes ago, evandixon said:

Sounds like your save file is corrupted. When only the "New Game" option is present, it's a sign the checksum is invalid, which is a sign of corruption. Sky Editor doesn't do any validation and just fixes the checksum, which could be useful if someone makes manual hex edits to the save, but it won't do any other repair.

Going forward, I recommend making periodic backups of all your save files for this reason.

Oh it's so sad news.. Anyway I will take your advice and make backups next times.
Thanks for your reply

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever I try to edit my spanish save file of Blue rescue team, it gets damaged and the game refuses to read the data, even if I don't edit anything and just save it. It happens with the latest version up to this day and also with 3.2 ver. I play on DeSmuME and it reads correctly my raw original save.

• 1 month later...

Hi. Thanks for the save editor! I've never really liked starter pokemon, but I've had interesting gameplay using different pokemon from the beginning. Is it possible to edit abilities and IQ pool as well? I'm aware the randomizer is able to do so, but I'd like to try some broken things.

Additionally, when a pokemon's ability or typing is changed, does it change it for every member of that species?

I've only recently started lurking on these forums.

And again thanks for the effort ;)

• 6 months later...

Awesome tool! Are there any plans to add functionality for editing the job list? I reopened my cart after a decade or so and somehow, little kid me got to a point where opening the job list hardlocks the game. I'm pretty sure deleting my jobs should fix the problem. Alternatively, is it known where in the save this information is stored? I'm definitely willing to poke around if this isn't currently known. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

May I suggest some additions if this project is still in development?

Pokemon that joined you

Kinds of pokemon battled

Moves learned

Dungeons cleared

Fainted in Dungeons

Successful Friend Rescues

Pokemon Evolved

Eggs hatched

# one floor victories

Big Treasure

Recycled

Sky Gifts Sent

I've tried to modify these with action replay on an emulator, but they change back to their originals after saving and after closing action replay.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi! I've an original copy of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team (Europe) and several years ago when I was saving the game, my DS switched of, and I try to play again, a message told me that the save is damaged and data will lost. I switched off the DS before this occurs and get a copy of the .sav file (through NDS backup tool wifi) to try to repair it. A few days ago I found the Sky Editor tool and when I open the .sav file with it, I can see all the data of may game! The only strange thing is that in "Stored money" field is empty (with any number, neither a 0), and it happens also with the field "Base type". I've tried to assign a value for this fields, but again the result is the same when I try to play the game (for this I use No$GBA emulator). Any idea about how to repair my .sav file without losing all my progress?

• 4 months later...
On 11/27/2022 at 10:15 AM, rellotge said:

Hi! I've an original copy of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team (Europe) and several years ago when I was saving the game, my DS switched of, and I try to play again, a message told me that the save is damaged and data will lost. I switched off the DS before this occurs and get a copy of the .sav file (through NDS backup tool wifi) to try to repair it. A few days ago I found the Sky Editor tool and when I open the .sav file with it, I can see all the data of may game! The only strange thing is that in "Stored money" field is empty (with any number, neither a 0), and it happens also with the field "Base type". I've tried to assign a value for this fields, but again the result is the same when I try to play the game (for this I use No$GBA emulator). Any idea about how to repair my .sav file without losing all my progress?

I've been trying several things to repair it myself with no result... If anybody can't repair it, another possbile option could be to "clone" all the save in a new game, but for this, I need to see in the editor more options, like statues, every mission completed and all the legendaries defeated. Is anybody working in this option to make it available on the editor for Blue and Red Rescue Team?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @evandixon I have been attempting to edit a save for explorers of sky and it's mostly working but the moves are always messed up. I have tried export import, I make the edit in town, nothing changes after entering a dungeon, I make sure stored pokemon and party match. When loading game I make sure that is the only file no dsvs. I have included the sav file before , dsv after in game save and screenshot of what it is in game. Could you help me figure this out? Thank you! 

Screenshot (3).png

attemptidk.sav 4273 - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Sky (US)(XenoPhobia).dsv

• 8 months later...

Hello, this might be probably a dumb question, but where's the executable file mentioned in the tutorial in this forum? All downloads I found in your links don't possess any and I'm really new in save modifying ("-w-)

I am just trying to change my (player) pokemon currently in explorers of sky.

Edited by RescueSociety

• 4 weeks later...