Sky Editor: The first save editor for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky

evandixon

9 hours ago, evandixon said:

Ah, those saves are from No$GBA. It should be a simple fix to get them working in Sky Editor. From nogba.com:

Afterward, you should be able to open those saves in Sky Editor.

I am not sure if I am using the latest version of your editor, however I am experiencing a weird issue with version 4.1.0.35. Basically adding in items and what not for whatever reason wipes the Pokemon I befriended in dungeons. Some cases I ended up with glitched Pokemon that don't say anything in Spinda's Cafe, mind you the save I am editing is actually the normal save the game generates on the real cartridge (own a copy of the game and dumped the save).

I'm a total noob with all of this, so sorry if this is dumb, but will a r4i save dongle work for this? I was nostalgically messing with Action Replay and gave my partner in Sky an IQ skill that can't be turned on, and there's no AR code to reset IQ. I have Soundhax, but I don't have (and can't get without updating my hacked backup 3DS) Poketransporter or Dream Radar, so TWLSaveTool is off the table, and I just can't find a DS save backup program for Soundhax it seems. :C I don't want to do anything wild and crazy, all I want is to reset that one Pokemon's IQ, ahaha... I'll buy the r4i dongle if it will work, but I wanted to ask before purchasing it and then being disappointed!

On 11/7/2018 at 2:11 AM, DeadSkullzJr said:

I am not sure if I am using the latest version of your editor, however I am experiencing a weird issue with version 4.1.0.35. Basically adding in items and what not for whatever reason wipes the Pokemon I befriended in dungeons. Some cases I ended up with glitched Pokemon that don't say anything in Spinda's Cafe, mind you the save I am editing is actually the normal save the game generates on the real cartridge (own a copy of the game and dumped the save).

Could you send me a copy of the save before and after editing, please?

6 hours ago, Embie said:

will a r4i save dongle work for this?

I don't personally have one, but given that it works with my NDS Backup Adapter Plus and SMS4, I don't see why not.

6 hours ago, Embie said:

I was nostalgically messing with Action Replay and gave my partner in Sky an IQ skill that can't be turned on, and there's no AR code to reset IQ.

But unfortunately, Sky Editor doesn't support turning IQ skills on or off, unfortunately.

Sky JEditor will let you change the necessary bits IIRC, but it would be mostly trial-and-error work, since it would be changing one of the unknown 0's to a 1.

13 hours ago, evandixon said:

But unfortunately, Sky Editor doesn't support turning IQ skills on or off, unfortunately.

Sky JEditor will let you change the necessary bits IIRC, but it would be mostly trial-and-error work, since it would be changing one of the unknown 0's to a 1.

Oh nooo, I wonder if I can look into how the Action Replay codes work, then, to maybe modify the "give all IQ skills" one... Thanks for letting me know!! I'll try to figure this out eventually, haha.

• 1 month later...

Will this program ever allow the editing of wonder mail missions? I have a save file with the Wi-Fi missions downloaded.

• I can't send them to my Japanese save file through wireless.
  • They don't have a password to enter. 
  • Writing the save to the Japanese cart will just delete the save file on the cart. 

I'm sure something could be done with hex editing or something else to convert the save to Japanese but that's not a skill I have. 

Edited by HaxAras

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2019 at 11:51 PM, HaxAras said:

Will this program ever allow the editing of wonder mail missions? I have a save file with the Wi-Fi missions downloaded.

• I can't send them to my Japanese save file through wireless.
  • They don't have a password to enter. 
  • Writing the save to the Japanese cart will just delete the save file on the cart. 

I'm sure something could be done with hex editing or something else to convert the save to Japanese but that's not a skill I have. 

It won't be possible for the foreseeable future, but if you could share your save, I might be able to take a look eventually (but not soon).

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, Dusk-Argentum said:

Hi! I'm having an issue with this program. When I import a PMD: Red Rescue Team save, and try to export it (even if I didn't make any changes, also happens if I did), the editor immediately closes, and doesn't save the file. Is there a fix for this?

Could you upload your save file, please? You can send me a private message if you don't want it to be public.

On 4/12/2019 at 9:09 PM, Dusk-Argentum said:

Here ya go! Thinking on it, it might be because I had to patch the save type so it saved properly when used on the 3DS Virtual Console...

0004000000512900.gbavc.sav 32 kB · 0 downloads

It looks like that save is half the size it needs to be, so the patch might not have worked right. Your general info and item data looks OK, but all the Pokemon data is corrupt, which is likely partly why it crashes when you try saving.

It's been ages since I patched RRT to work on my 3DS, so I don't really remember how I did it, but this guide may help if you try again.

On 4/15/2019 at 6:39 PM, evandixon said:

It looks like that save is half the size it needs to be, so the patch might not have worked right. Your general info and item data looks OK, but all the Pokemon data is corrupt, which is likely partly why it crashes when you try saving.

It's been ages since I patched RRT to work on my 3DS, so I don't really remember how I did it, but this guide may help if you try again.

Thanks for your help! I've managed to get it working. I just had to apply the patch again (correctly, this time :P) and everything works like a charm. Thanks again!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Gam3rK1dd said:

Will this save editor work with Wii u save files ?

I renamed the file extension from .save to .sav and the sky editor reads and writes the save but once I transfer it to the Wii u and load game nothing is changed.

I'm afraid I know nothing about NDS emulation on the Wii U. If the saves are imported and exported in raw format, it should work fine. If Sky Editor correctly displayed all the data, then it sounds like the save restore didn't work.

• 3 weeks later...

hey there i started using the editor recently and i intended to edit my starters for blue rescue team to a dratini and growlithe but after i complete the first dungeon and i choose my team name, when the pokemon are suppose to put their hands in the air the game freezes and i cant do anything. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello there, I just found about this and I am amazed. I also just happened to finish explorers of time for first, and I can't help to wonder if there is a way to edit the save file of the game, in order to Return, yes go back to a certain point in the main story? 

Let me explain a bit more, lets say I just saved right after I finished the game, yes after the credits. I am guessing the game saves something somwhere to indicate your are now in idk 0110010 position, so if I edit that number or code to a previous number then it means I can go back to a previous checkpoint? Regardless of inventory, names, etc I just want to be able to watch the story ending again, or go back to a particular story point, like be in temporal tower before the credits. Not sure how complex is that but again I dont want to edit my items or any of that. I'd just like to watch a particular cutscene again with my characters like the ending. I am asking if this is possible before I even try extracting my save data from my cart.

Also, another question does PMD games save a backup too like the mainline games do? For example, when your save data is corrupted, they can load a previous save file right? I dont know if PMD have a system like this or they only have one save data. Thanks!

44 minutes ago, Charlymander said:

Hello there, I just found about this and I am amazed. I also just happened to finish explorers of time for first, and I can't help to wonder if there is a way to edit the save file of the game, in order to Return, yes go back to a certain point in the main story? 

Let me explain a bit more, lets say I just saved right after I finished the game, yes after the credits. I am guessing the game saves something somwhere to indicate your are now in idk 0110010 position, so if I edit that number or code to a previous number then it means I can go back to a previous checkpoint? Regardless of inventory, names, etc I just want to be able to watch the story ending again, or go back to a particular story point, like be in temporal tower before the credits. Not sure how complex is that but again I dont want to edit my items or any of that. I'd just like to watch a particular cutscene again with my characters like the ending. I am asking if this is possible before I even try extracting my save data from my cart.

Editing story progress in the save file is currently undocumented as far as I know.

45 minutes ago, Charlymander said:

Also, another question does PMD games save a backup too like the mainline games do? For example, when your save data is corrupted, they can load a previous save file right? I dont know if PMD have a system like this or they only have one save data. Thanks!

The save file contains two identical copies of the regular save data, and if the first one is corrupt, the second is loaded. Note that quicksave data does not have a backup, and any corruption is treated as a defeat, as it would if you resume the quick save then power off.

1 hour ago, evandixon said:

Editing story progress in the save file is currently undocumented as far as I know.

The save file contains two identical copies of the regular save data, and if the first one is corrupt, the second is loaded. Note that quicksave data does not have a backup, and any corruption is treated as a defeat, as it would if you resume the quick save then power off.

Thank you for your quick response and info! I see, well I wasn't expecting it to be easy heh, but it would be awesome if you could do that. Maybe if you compare two similar save files and see what other values change besides your inventory and team. Interesting

• 3 weeks later...