Sky Editor: The first save editor for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky

evandixon

11 hours ago, evandixon said:

What do you do immediately before it crashes?  If you upload the save you're using, it would help debug things.

And just to make sure, are you using version 4.0.11?

I go to File > Save > Save/SaveAs. The program waits a few seconds until a popup comes up saying that an error as occurred. And, yes, I am using version 4.0.11

Edit: Also after the error, it force quits. The only thing I have been able to edit without the program crashing is the team name. 

POKEDUN SORA.2.sav

Edited by IamAVeryNicePereson

On 1/28/2017 at 11:06 AM, IamAVeryNicePereson said:

I go to File > Save > Save/SaveAs. The program waits a few seconds until a popup comes up saying that an error as occurred. And, yes, I am using version 4.0.11

Edit: Also after the error, it force quits. The only thing I have been able to edit without the program crashing is the team name. 

POKEDUN SORA.2.sav

I am unable to replicate the issue.  What specific edits are you making that results in the crash?

GwhZUKI.png

On 1/29/2017 at 11:02 PM, eeyoregod said:

Is anyone else having trouble getting save files from their physical copies onto the computer. R4i will not even read my Eos game, but it works for all my other mystery dungeon game. Does anyone know the proper way to get your save file? 

If you have a 3DS, that makes things much easier. See here for more information and alternatives:

On 1/31/2017 at 9:01 PM, evandixon said:

I am unable to replicate the issue.  What specific edits are you making that results in the crash?

GwhZUKI.png

If you have a 3DS, that makes things much easier. See here for more information and alternatives:

I somehow was able to get it to work. It still occasionally crashes though. 

I'm trying to edit my partner to be Skitty and add boosts to moves. (Like you get Tackle+1 by drinking the ginseng)

EDIT: Btw I use a 3ds.

Edited by IamAVeryNicePereson

4 hours ago, WhatHappenedToStairs said:

Since you can edit items, that means we know what index number they have. The items in the drop-menu are sorted by it, right?

Yep.  They can be found here:

https://github.com/evandixon/SkyEditor.SaveEditor/tree/master/SkyEditor.SaveEditor/Resources/en

(I should probably put these on the PP wiki at some point.)

Thanks for (indirectly) bringing to my attention that TWLSaveTool has been updated to make EoS work properly haha.

I never bothered keeping up with it and figured it would never get fixed since SGM on the DS had never fixed it. Figured that game was just so weird that no-one knew how it worked.

• 1 month later...

Hi, is there any experience with Scripting in Explorers of Sky?

The thing is that I've been using this script editor: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=282629

It works fine, as I was able to edit animations and change portraits, as well as the script.

But in some parts there's some line under the tag

#Constants

0'UM02'

#Strings

(script stuff here)

And doing any edit to it, even as minimal as possible, like changing a letter, it screws up the whole script and  I was unable to fix it or find any reasons of why is it doing that.

And if I delete the 'UM02' thing, the ROM freezes after reaching to this point. And not only this happens in the underground of the guild, it happens in some other parts too, which is driving me crazy. And what's odd is because the majority of the scripts do not have the UM02 thing. Any help please?

On 3/21/2017 at 8:25 PM, DryBones157 said:

Hi, is there any experience with Scripting in Explorers of Sky?

The thing is that I've been using this script editor: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=282629

It works fine, as I was able to edit animations and change portraits, as well as the script.

But in some parts there's some line under the tag

#Constants

0'UM02'

#Strings

(script stuff here)

And doing any edit to it, even as minimal as possible, like changing a letter, it screws up the whole script and  I was unable to fix it or find any reasons of why is it doing that.

And if I delete the 'UM02' thing, the ROM freezes after reaching to this point. And not only this happens in the underground of the guild, it happens in some other parts too, which is driving me crazy. And what's odd is because the majority of the scripts do not have the UM02 thing. Any help please?

AFAIK, constants are needed for certain commands in scripts.  It's probably best to not touch them without knowing a lot more about what's going on.  Certain commands that accept them might be listed in the wiki.  Strings (which are basically the same as constants but are used differently) should be safe to modify.

On 24/3/2017 at 4:29 PM, evandixon said:

AFAIK, constants are needed for certain commands in scripts.  It's probably best to not touch them without knowing a lot more about what's going on.  Certain commands that accept them might be listed in the wiki.  Strings (which are basically the same as constants but are used differently) should be safe to modify.

Eh, that's what I actually did, not touch the constants, but when i change something under the strings for some reason it screws up the script when playing the game. On the wiki I didn't find much info for the constants, but I actually got the meaning of some strings.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • evandixon unpinned this topic
  • 6 months later...
8 hours ago, Iispoor said:

How's the Sky Editor for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates To Infinity or and the newer later one, Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon?

Version 4.0.11 has an experimental feature to edit GTI's held money, but nothing can edit PSMD saves yet.

To try it with GTI, use File -> Open -> Open (Let me choose the file type), browse to game_data, and choose the "GTIGameData" option in the dropdown. It's experimental, so be sure to back up your save first, as there's a chance of corruption.

11 hours ago, evandixon said:

Version 4.0.11 has an experimental feature to edit GTI's held money, but nothing can edit PSMD saves yet.

To try it with GTI, use File -> Open -> Open (Let me choose the file type), browse to game_data, and choose the "GTIGameData" option in the dropdown. It's experimental, so be sure to back up your save first, as there's a chance of corruption.

I don't have a game_data folder unless you meant a file called that (I used JKSM), and there is no GTIGameData option in the dropdown menu...see screenshot 1...but if I select all files in the dropdown menu, I can see the files.....see screenshot 2...oh and you must have been referring to this screenshot 3 about the GTIGameData option dropdown menu which is worded differently slightly....and the program crashes when I try to open the game_data file....? secreenshot 4....I tried enabling developer mode if that would help under settings but nope...

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.PNG

On 9/30/2018 at 10:53 PM, Iispoor said:

I don't have a game_data folder unless you meant a file called that (I used JKSM), and there is no GTIGameData option in the dropdown menu...see screenshot 1...but if I select all files in the dropdown menu, I can see the files.....see screenshot 2...oh and you must have been referring to this screenshot 3 about the GTIGameData option dropdown menu which is worded differently slightly....and the program crashes when I try to open the game_data file....? secreenshot 4....I tried enabling developer mode if that would help under settings but nope...

Could you upload your save file (if you don't want it public, you can send it to me in a private message), and I'll see what I can do.

4 hours ago, evandixon said:

Could you upload your save file (if you don't want it public, you can send it to me in a private message), and I'll see what I can do.

I don't mind I just only started the game so there isn't really much to steal or take away anyways, and was thinking of giving myself all the best stats for my chosen pokemon and partner so that I could power through any missions given to me, that's within the game's legality of course; just like how I was able to do so with my PMD - Explorers of Time save, where I maxed out all the stats....heh...so that I am *the* perfect pokemon of my kind...haha....

dungeon

game_data

game_header

game_system

• 3 weeks later...

I took a look at the saves, and a lot more research will be needed to support editing. Sky Editor doesn't really understand the layout of the save yet, and it uses clues from other pieces of data to guess where the checksum is, clues which aren't in your save for some reason. I'm sorry to say that Sky Editor won't be able to edit GTI saves for quite a while.

You may be able to look around for cheat codes to accomplish what you want, but unfortunately, I don't have any handy.

10 hours ago, evandixon said:

I took a look at the saves, and a lot more research will be needed to support editing. Sky Editor doesn't really understand the layout of the save yet, and it uses clues from other pieces of data to guess where the checksum is, clues which aren't in your save for some reason. I'm sorry to say that Sky Editor won't be able to edit GTI saves for quite a while.

You may be able to look around for cheat codes to accomplish what you want, but unfortunately, I don't have any handy.

nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

The Wonder Mail Gifts are basically region locked and single use only...... ? and there was only like four codes for my European version....

Edited by Iispoor
update

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been an issue for anyone yet, and if it's a simple one my apologies. When I try to open my save file in the editor this message comes up.

"There's no available UI for this object of type "SkyEditor.Core.IO.GenericFile."

This comes up when I try to load up both my Blue Rescue team save and my European Explorers of Sky save.

1 hour ago, Moonixia said:

Not sure if this has been an issue for anyone yet, and if it's a simple one my apologies. When I try to open my save file in the editor this message comes up.

"There's no available UI for this object of type "SkyEditor.Core.IO.GenericFile."

This comes up when I try to load up both my Blue Rescue team save and my European Explorers of Sky save.

That means it couldn't tell what kind of file you gave it, probably because the checksums are bad.

What happens if when you open the saves, you use File -> Open -> Open (Let me choose the file type), then choose the correct save format?

2 hours ago, evandixon said:

That means it couldn't tell what kind of file you gave it, probably because the checksums are bad.

What happens if when you open the saves, you use File -> Open -> Open (Let me choose the file type), then choose the correct save format?

When I try to load up my Explorers of Sky save with the "Explorers of Sky Save" option it crashes, same for Blue Rescue Team with it's save.

19 hours ago, evandixon said:

Could you upload the saves please?

4468 - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Sky (EU)(M5)(BAHAMUT).sav

Edit: Sorry forgot the other one, although I've barely played it. I just used it really to double check and see if it was an issue with what I was doing or not.

Pokemon_Mystery_Dungeon_Blue_Rescue_Team_USA_NDS-LGC.SAV

Edited by Moonixia

11 hours ago, Moonixia said:

4468 - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Sky (EU)(M5)(BAHAMUT).sav

Edit: Sorry forgot the other one, although I've barely played it. I just used it really to double check and see if it was an issue with what I was doing or not.

Pokemon_Mystery_Dungeon_Blue_Rescue_Team_USA_NDS-LGC.SAV

Ah, those saves are from No$GBA. It should be a simple fix to get them working in Sky Editor. From nogba.com:

1. Using the Wordpad or Notepad program, open No$GBA.ini which you can find inside your No$GBA folder.
  2. Find the line that states “SAV/SNA File Format”. Once you find this, change the term Compressed/Uncompressed to Raw. Afterwards, save the changes that you have input.
  3. Play the game and save your file. You can do this if you open another game or you reload your recent game.

Afterward, you should be able to open those saves in Sky Editor.