Sky Editor: The first save editor for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky

evandixon

using....? I'm not very familiar with this interface, how do I attach things to it? which button does that? ;)

Edit: Found it! [ATTACH]13454[/ATTACH] Hope that works!

Are you using the version attached to the front post? I am unable to reproduce the issue using Sky Editor 3.2. What specific changes did you make?

the version that I downloaded from

https://skyeditor.codeplex.com/releases

is that a fake place? I should run a third virus scan and redownload it from the OP. thanks!

EDIT: that worked. thanks! now I just have to go figure out why it glitches whenever they do the 'team pose' thing... I think Charizard just doesn't have a sprite for that. laaaaazzzzyyyy developers! ;) (or devious ones... maybe they just don't like editors. :( )

the version that I downloaded from

https://skyeditor.codeplex.com/releases

is that a fake place? I should run a third virus scan and redownload it from the OP. thanks!

EDIT: that worked. thanks! now I just have to go figure out why it glitches whenever they do the 'team pose' thing... I think Charizard just doesn't have a sprite for that. laaaaazzzzyyyy developers! ;) (or devious ones... maybe they just don't like editors. :( )

Glad to hear it worked!

The Codeplex site is where I used to host my code, and since then I've moved over to Github. The Codeplex site is still there since I haven't bothered to delete it. I probably should have a long time ago, so I've added a notice to the front page that should make it more obvious.

I still have to put my save of Explorers of Sky back into my cartridge, but I have good news.

It seems that if you use an NDS Adapter Plus you can put the save back, that means that the save is fine, but the savemanager isn't. I ask for help to put my save back with an aplication.

I leave all the information there:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-twlsavetool-v1-0.412887/page-13#post-6437581

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Updated to 4.0.4 to fix the following bugs:

• All occurrances of the character "e" being replaced with a superscript e
  • Quicksave Pokémon being corrupted
  • The original species of the partner
  • The size of the window not being saved on exit

See OP for link

Hi! Sorry to bother you, but I'm running into an issue with Sky Editor and Explorers of Sky, using the 9.10 Desmume emu within the 3.2 download. (tried using 9.7 but it didn't like to import save files, even unedited ones)

So, I started off initially with 3.2 (not this one, my bad. Got my versions confused. It was with 4.0.1-beta 2), modding the game from the start. I wanted Miltank (player) and Spinda (partner), but ran into not being able to choose Spinda due to it being the same type as Miltank. So then, I chose another pokemon (Trapinch) and then used 4.0.3/4 to modify the save. However, the issue I ran into was that I was unable to switch up the moves. (Spinda now had Bite as an initial move instead of Tackle). I was unable to change this in the save editors.

So, I then simply started a new vanilla game (Eevee/player and Chikorita/partner), thinking that using two editors probably messed it up. Then, using only 4.0.3/4 (each one on a separate raw save file), I once again modified the game after the Spoink mission, where I was able to roam freely without an event immediately getting in the way.

However, I am still having issues where the moves aren't being saved. I edited both player and partner in the 'stored' and 'party' tabs, made sure they matched up and imported them once more (after deleting the original save from the in-game menu). However, I still have a Miltank with Eevee moves and a Spinda with Chikorita moves. :XD:

I took it a step further and bumped Spinda up to level 20 and manually added level appropriate moves to see if I could give him any moves in the empty slots of his moveset, but nothing showed up.

Thanks for the help and thanks for the hard work on this program. It's making the game a LOT more fun (when I get past this point :XD: ), as I'm able to make it far more personal to me. <3

UPDATE: So, found out that the moves not being updated isn't a big deal, finding that the next learned move followed the pokemon that I changed to (Learning Stomp for Miltank, Copycat for Spinda).

HOWEVER, I noticed that in 4.0.4, when I applied the stat changes (had to, since they stayed at initial Eevee value), I noticed that Miltank's defense (set in the editor at 27) was mixed up in-game with her special attack (set in the editor to 18). To doublecheck, I applied '27' to special attack and '18' to defense and, sure enough, upon import, her in-game defense became 27. :XD:

Edited by x0jackie0x

Thanks for reporting!

Hi! Sorry to bother you, but I'm running into an issue with Sky Editor and Explorers of Sky, using the 9.10 Desmume emu within the 3.2 download. (tried using 9.7 but it didn't like to import save files, even unedited ones)

So, I started off initially with 3.2 (not this one, my bad. Got my versions confused. It was with 4.0.1-beta 2), modding the game from the start. I wanted Miltank (player) and Spinda (partner), but ran into not being able to choose Spinda due to it being the same type as Miltank. So then, I chose another pokemon (Trapinch) and then used 4.0.3/4 to modify the save. However, the issue I ran into was that I was unable to switch up the moves. (Spinda now had Bite as an initial move instead of Tackle). I was unable to change this in the save editors.

So, I then simply started a new vanilla game (Eevee/player and Chikorita/partner), thinking that using two editors probably messed it up. Then, using only 4.0.3/4 (each one on a separate raw save file), I once again modified the game after the Spoink mission, where I was able to roam freely without an event immediately getting in the way.

However, I am still having issues where the moves aren't being saved. I edited both player and partner in the 'stored' and 'party' tabs, made sure they matched up and imported them once more (after deleting the original save from the in-game menu). However, I still have a Miltank with Eevee moves and a Spinda with Chikorita moves. :XD:

I took it a step further and bumped Spinda up to level 20 and manually added level appropriate moves to see if I could give him any moves in the empty slots of his moveset, but nothing showed up.

If you're inside a dungeon, moves currently need to be edited in multiple places: Stored Pokemon and Active Pokemon. (And possibly Quicksave Pokemon, but that hasn't been fully researched yet.) I tried changing a move for a Stored Pokemon, and after saving and re-opening the save, I saw the same move, so it could be the whole Stored/Active thing. Problem is, 4.0.3/4.0.4 both don't allow editing moves of Active Pokemon. 4.0.5 will, but more testing is needed. (And then I need to verify that it actually solves the problem.)

Watch the progress here:

https://github.com/evandixon/SkyEditor.SaveEditor/issues/20

So, found out that the moves not being updated isn't a big deal, finding that the next learned move followed the pokemon that I changed to (Learning Stomp for Miltank, Copycat for Spinda).

HOWEVER, I noticed that in 4.0.4, when I applied the stat changes (had to, since they stayed at initial Eevee value), I noticed that Miltank's defense (set in the editor at 27) was mixed up in-game with her special attack (set in the editor to 18). To doublecheck, I applied '27' to special attack and '18' to defense and, sure enough, upon import, her in-game defense became 27. :XD:

I think I fixed this issue, but I'm waiting to look into your other bug report before releasing anything.

https://github.com/evandixon/SkyEditor.SaveEditor/issues/21

Updated to 4.0.5 to fix the bugs @x0jackie0x reported! See OP or blog for details

Download: http://dl.skyeditor.org/Sky%20Editor's%20Save%20Editor%20Beta%204.0.5.zip

Please note that editing moves inside a dungeon is not currently supported. You'll need to exit a dungeon before making lasting changes to moves. This does not apply to everything, however. I edited my Pokemon, and it applied after going to the next floor.

Oops, sorry about that. Started my new job yesterday, so I was kinda beat. I'll try out the new release, as well as the old. Yeah, when I initially modified the moves, it was in town, not the dungeon. xP Like I said, I'll try both versions after work today.

Oops, sorry about that. Started my new job yesterday, so I was kinda beat.

I know what you mean. Some days I feel like programming all the things after work, while others I just feel like watching TV.

Yeah, when I initially modified the moves, it was in town, not the dungeon.

If you edited a Pokémon on your party, edits need to be made to Active Pokemon/Party too. Versions 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 both didn't have that feature enabled.

In the future, I plan to merge the UI for everything, so there will be just one list of Pokemon, just like in-game.

Alrighty, then! First things first!

For 4.0.5, adding the moves worked out. ^_^ Yay! However, I was unable to add any pokemon into the party. I looked at the Changelog and Features, but wasn't quite if adding extra pokemon was included (main game and special). Made sure they matched in both stored and active/party. Tried entering and beating a dungeon to see if that would make them spawn either in the in-game party list, the cafe or outside the cafe, but found nothing.

Now, this next issue is confusing. I thought I was personally goofing it up (in 4.0.3/4), but it still persisted in the newest update. I'll post images.

1. So, I exported the save file and saved it to the desktop around 6:30pm, naming it 'blergle' (red circles). After modifying the file in Sky Editor, I'm able to pull up the correct time of modification and location in the Sky Editor save dialogue box. However, when I loaded that file into Desmume from the desktop, it was as if no changes had been made. So then I checked the properties of 'blergle' on the desktop, only to see that the modified detailed had not changed. Yet, opening it in Sky Editor again showed that the changes HAD been made.

So then, I did 'save as' and made a new file ('blergle2') and saved it to the desktop, only to have it not show up, unless I was looking at it through Sky Editor's save dialogue. (green circles) I could load the file just fine back into Sky Editor, but couldn't see it on the desktop or when trying to import from Desmume.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13579[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13581[/ATTACH]

Tried to copy the file from Sky Editor save dialogue, only for it to not be found, despite still being able to load it in Sky editor, even after closing and reopening.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13580[/ATTACH]

I ended up saving the files in a different location, which was what I did before when I tried Sky Editor the first time. Even after that, saving a new file to the same location, even from a different save/modifcation would not allow me to see it. I pretty much have to jump back and forth between three different locations in order to make them save properly. :XD: Seems like I can't files back to back in the same location.

And for the last part, clicking the 'Quicksave' tab causes Sky editor to crash in 4.0.3/4/5. I didn't realize it crashed for the first two, since I never had any quicksave data in the game.

Thanks for the time and hard work! <3

Sorry for the late reply.

However, I was unable to add any pokemon into the party. I looked at the Changelog and Features, but wasn't quite if adding extra pokemon was included (main game and special). Made sure they matched in both stored and active/party. Tried entering and beating a dungeon to see if that would make them spawn either in the in-game party list, the cafe or outside the cafe, but found nothing.

I'll look into making this a thing.

https://github.com/evandixon/SkyEditor.SaveEditor/issues/27

Now, this next issue is confusing. I thought I was personally goofing it up (in 4.0.3/4), but it still persisted in the newest update. I'll post images.

1. So, I exported the save file and saved it to the desktop around 6:30pm, naming it 'blergle' (red circles). After modifying the file in Sky Editor, I'm able to pull up the correct time of modification and location in the Sky Editor save dialogue box. However, when I loaded that file into Desmume from the desktop, it was as if no changes had been made. So then I checked the properties of 'blergle' on the desktop, only to see that the modified detailed had not changed. Yet, opening it in Sky Editor again showed that the changes HAD been made.

That's odd. What changes did you make that didn't show up in-game?

So then, I did 'save as' and made a new file ('blergle2') and saved it to the desktop, only to have it not show up, unless I was looking at it through Sky Editor's save dialogue. (green circles) I could load the file just fine back into Sky Editor, but couldn't see it on the desktop or when trying to import from Desmume.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13579[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13581[/ATTACH]

Tried to copy the file from Sky Editor save dialogue, only for it to not be found, despite still being able to load it in Sky editor, even after closing and reopening.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13580[/ATTACH]

I ended up saving the files in a different location, which was what I did before when I tried Sky Editor the first time. Even after that, saving a new file to the same location, even from a different save/modifcation would not allow me to see it. I pretty much have to jump back and forth between three different locations in order to make them save properly. :XD: Seems like I can't files back to back in the same location.

Have you tried right-clicking on the desktop, and clicking "Refresh"? Sometimes the desktop doesn't refresh automatically for some reason.

And for the last part, clicking the 'Quicksave' tab causes Sky editor to crash in 4.0.3/4/5. I didn't realize it crashed for the first two, since I never had any quicksave data in the game.

Thanks for the time and hard work! <3

I haven't experienced that. Can you upload the save file you're using that causes this?

Sorry for the late reply.

I'll look into making this a thing.

https://github.com/evandixon/SkyEditor.SaveEditor/issues/27

Awesome. Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was, but since I started playing around with it, I figured I'd try it out. : P

That's odd. What changes did you make that didn't show up in-game?

Any changes whatsoever. When I would import the modified file back into desmume, it would load it as if it was the file that I had just exported. So, example:

Let's just say my miltank has 45 health, 20 attack, 25 defense, 12 sp attack and 16 sp defense. I would export it, open it in the editor and add ten to each stat. Then I would save, reopen it in the editor, confirm that changes were made, save again, close the editor, import it to desmume and find that no changes were made. It does this as well with moves, items, money... well, any changes I make.

Whenever this happened, it would be hand in hand with the issue that I had with saving the files and not being able to see them properly. Once I saved a file in a spot that it had no been saved before, the imported file would have the proper changes.

Have you tried right-clicking on the desktop, and clicking "Refresh"? Sometimes the desktop doesn't refresh automatically for some reason.

Yes. Pretty much ran through everything I could do to confirm that it was either there and/or modified, with no luck. The only time it would be fixed is when it would be saved in a different location. So, let's say I took 'blergle' and saved it to the desktop, then loaded it in the editor. Once I was finished, if I wanted to properly access that file for use outside of the editor, I would have to 'save as' to my downloads folder or anywhere other than my desktop. Simply hitting 'save' would keep the modified settings correct in the editor, but nowhere else. It's not limited to the desktop, though. Each time I modified the file further, I would need to save it to a different spot. It seemed like the only time it wouldn't do that was when I exported a vanilla save game file. This would allow me to save to the same location as a previous modification, but any changes made would require the new modified file to be in a different spot.

Funny story, I work as a system administrator and I actually ran into a similar issue today. One of my user's had two external HD's that, when looked at in 'my computer', showed the proper drive letter (E for the first one and F for the second one), but when looked at through a program's dialogue box, actually had those letters reversed. :XD:

I haven't experienced that. Can you upload the save file you're using that causes this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13599[/ATTACH]

Program freezes when I click on it, sits for two or three seconds, then crashes.

[ATTACH]13600[/ATTACH] (The site didn't want to upload my original file, so I exported a fresh one. Still the same crashing issue. Like I said, I never use quicksave in-game.)

~~~~~

Oh, I also noticed something. Every time I restart or shut down (then boot) my computer, I can't use sky editor. I have to uninstall and then reinstall net framework to get it working again. : / When I do try to start it, my cursor shows the load icon for about two seconds, then nothing else happens for a following minute or two (when I do reinstall net, it pops up immediately). I don't have it show up in my processes at all. And yes, all of the zip files are unblocked after download (and re-download). xP

Any changes whatsoever. When I would import the modified file back into desmume, it would load it as if it was the file that I had just exported. So, example:

Let's just say my miltank has 45 health, 20 attack, 25 defense, 12 sp attack and 16 sp defense. I would export it, open it in the editor and add ten to each stat. Then I would save, reopen it in the editor, confirm that changes were made, save again, close the editor, import it to desmume and find that no changes were made. It does this as well with moves, items, money... well, any changes I make.

Whenever this happened, it would be hand in hand with the issue that I had with saving the files and not being able to see them properly. Once I saved a file in a spot that it had no been saved before, the imported file would have the proper changes.

Yes. Pretty much ran through everything I could do to confirm that it was either there and/or modified, with no luck. The only time it would be fixed is when it would be saved in a different location. So, let's say I took 'blergle' and saved it to the desktop, then loaded it in the editor. Once I was finished, if I wanted to properly access that file for use outside of the editor, I would have to 'save as' to my downloads folder or anywhere other than my desktop. Simply hitting 'save' would keep the modified settings correct in the editor, but nowhere else. It's not limited to the desktop, though. Each time I modified the file further, I would need to save it to a different spot. It seemed like the only time it wouldn't do that was when I exported a vanilla save game file. This would allow me to save to the same location as a previous modification, but any changes made would require the new modified file to be in a different spot.

Funny story, I work as a system administrator and I actually ran into a similar issue today. One of my user's had two external HD's that, when looked at in 'my computer', showed the proper drive letter (E for the first one and F for the second one), but when looked at through a program's dialogue box, actually had those letters reversed. :XD:

Using the save you provided, I changed the held money, and it appeared in-game. Since you said the issue corresponds to the filesystem weirdness, perhaps your hard drive is dying? It's probably best to go ahead and back everything up just in case, since it does seem fishy.

Reminds me of my 64GB microSD that can't do writes anymore. Except the thing is that most programs I've tried think they can write to it, so after deleting files or after formatting, everything just goes back to what it was.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13599[/ATTACH]

Program freezes when I click on it, sits for two or three seconds, then crashes.

[ATTACH]13600[/ATTACH] (The site didn't want to upload my original file, so I exported a fresh one. Still the same crashing issue. Like I said, I never use quicksave in-game.)

~~~~~

Oh, I also noticed something. Every time I restart or shut down (then boot) my computer, I can't use sky editor. I have to uninstall and then reinstall net framework to get it working again. : / When I do try to start it, my cursor shows the load icon for about two seconds, then nothing else happens for a following minute or two (when I do reinstall net, it pops up immediately). I don't have it show up in my processes at all. And yes, all of the zip files are unblocked after download (and re-download). xP

Can confirm. It's not being read properly. Will look further into it when I get the chance.

https://github.com/evandixon/SkyEditor.SaveEditor/issues/28

If you're curious, it's because Sky Editor thinks there's a Pokemon with an ID that's over 60000, which is outside the range of valid Pokemon names.

Using the save you provided, I changed the held money, and it appeared in-game. Since you said the issue corresponds to the filesystem weirdness, perhaps your hard drive is dying? It's probably best to go ahead and back everything up just in case, since it does seem fishy.

Reminds me of my 64GB microSD that can't do writes anymore. Except the thing is that most programs I've tried think they can write to it, so after deleting files or after formatting, everything just goes back to what it was.

I thought so as well. I've already got everything backed up and saved, but it's the only program that acts like that on my computer. I'm gonna ask my boss about it tomorrow, cuz she's been an IT twice as long as I have. Like, 18 years. :XD: I'm sure she's run into it at some point.

Can confirm. It's not being read properly. Will look further into it when I get the chance.

https://github.com/evandixon/SkyEditor.SaveEditor/issues/28

If you're curious, it's because Sky Editor thinks there's a Pokemon with an ID that's over 60000, which is outside the range of valid Pokemon names.

Huh, that's strange. :XD: Hopefully that's an easy fix.

I eagerly await your next build. Sure, programming is one thing that I'm not terribly good at (makes me wanna throw my laptop out the window, tbh), but I do love looking for bugs within the crust, so to speak.

• 2 weeks later...
Can this be used to change a recruited Pokemon's ability? Eevee partner having Run Away is a crime. I've seen confusing information other places, so I've come to the source.

In Explorers (and possibly Rescue Team too), all Pokemon with multiple abilities have both. GTI and PSMD are not currently supported.

Via ROM editing, it's possible to remove an ability from ALL recruited Pokémon of a certain species, but that's not currently supported in Sky Editor.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently using your editor with Resuce Team Blue and I've found a bug (or is this just not supported yet?). If you give a Pokemon one more move than it currently has (e. g. the Pokemon knows three moves and you're giving it a forth one), the additional move will not show up in the game evn though I've checked the checkbox next to the text box. It would be great if that could be fixed. I can send you my save file if you want.

I'm currently using your editor with Resuce Team Blue and I've found a bug (or is this just not supported yet?). If you give a Pokemon one more move than it currently has (e. g. the Pokemon knows three moves and you're giving it a forth one), the additional move will not show up in the game evn though I've checked the checkbox next to the text box. It would be great if that could be fixed. I can send you my save file if you want.

Can confirm. My guess is that there's something else in the save that needs to be updated. Probably one of the unknown values.

There's some major additions to Pokemon editing in Explorers games in the works, I'll see if I can work it into that update.

https://github.com/evandixon/SkyEditor.SaveEditor/issues/29

Thanks for reporting!

Hi, I want to start using this with my ROM of EoS but I'm not sure how. I've read I had to change my save file into a .sav file but when I plug it into Sky Editor it reads as:

There is no available UI for this object type "SkyEditor.Core.IO.GenericFile".

What am I doing wrong?

16 hours ago, T501 said:

Hi, I want to start using this with my ROM of EoS but I'm not sure how. I've read I had to change my save file into a .sav file but when I plug it into Sky Editor it reads as:

What am I doing wrong?

The latest release of Sky Editor only has the save editing features.  The ROM editing features are still in development, but here's a link to the last ROM editing beta.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, IamAVeryNicePereson said:

Hi, I'm trying to use this save editor. But whenever I try to save, the program crashes.

The program also crashes regularly when editing. What am I doing wrong?? I'm using TWLoader to backup and restore my Explorer's of Sky save

What do you do immediately before it crashes?  If you upload the save you're using, it would help debug things.

And just to make sure, are you using version 4.0.11?