Sky Editor: The first save editor for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky

evandixon

Is the save you uploaded before or after editing things in Sky Editor?

Whoops. I really should have caught that when I manually figured out which range of stored Pokémon went with each friend area. Thanks for reporting it. I fixed it in the latest version.

Download

Which game is this for?

PMD Explorers of Sky.

after editing in sky editor. I named it 06689 for that reason, the 9 was to connect with my rom name

Yeah when I open Pokemon files in SkyEditor for PMDBlue it displays some error or something.

Could something else be causing the corruption? It's only after I edit in the 4 Pokemon I want.

after editing in sky editor. I named it 06689 for that reason, the 9 was to connect with my rom name

Yeah when I open Pokemon files in SkyEditor for PMDBlue it displays some error or something.

Could something else be causing the corruption? It's only after I edit in the 4 Pokemon I want.

Do you have a copy of your save from before you made edits? If you upload it, I can try to replicate the edits and watch what went wrong.

I only have a state from April where I'm in Wish Cave but the stored Pokemon are exactly the same. Except for the lack of Jirachi.

The edits consisted of 4 Pokemon added to two of the friend areas. I edited in a Chinchou, Lanturn, Exeggcute and Exeggutor. These four do not exist in this save.

Once you're done with seeing, I do want my later save fixed though.

check.sav

check.sav

PMD Explorers of Sky.

Shameless plug:

If you only want to edit PMD Sky saves and it's European version then I recommend my own tool

It has a few more features but unfortunately only supports that single game version (I might work on supporting other versions if I have time).

I only have a state from April where I'm in Wish Cave but the stored Pokemon are exactly the same. Except for the lack of Jirachi.

The edits consisted of 4 Pokemon added to two of the friend areas. I edited in a Chinchou, Lanturn, Exeggcute and Exeggutor. These four do not exist in this save.

Once you're done with seeing, I do want my later save fixed though.

Wait, do you really expect Evandixon to fix your save? You should always MAKE BACKUPS before editing, this can't be stressed enough, mistakes happen and can easily break your save. If you don't have your own backup then that's your own fault not dev's.

I tried to back it up before I edited but then I backed it up too many times and then lost the hope.

I have that state from April like I said which is hardly different from the state I have now and I could easily recomplete it to where I'm up to. Editing in the stuff seemed to break it though so I'm wondering if SkyEditor is breaking something important

I of course knew to back it up, and used a copy for editing but I've lost the backup now since I used it afterwards too without saving properly.

I'm lucky I have the april save at all.

I also got lucky before since I tested the save to add in a Kecleon from an earlier version which also doesn't seem to work (the version, Kecleon exists) which is odd.

I tried to back it up before I edited but then I backed it up too many times and then lost the hope.

I have that state from April like I said which is hardly different from the state I have now and I could easily recomplete it to where I'm up to. Editing in the stuff seemed to break it though so I'm wondering if SkyEditor is breaking something important

I of course knew to back it up, and used a copy for editing but I've lost the backup now since I used it afterwards too without saving properly.

I'm lucky I have the april save at all.

I also got lucky before since I tested the save to add in a Kecleon from an earlier version which also doesn't seem to work (the version, Kecleon exists) which is odd.

I did research, I promise. But it turns out my research was wrong.

Until I figure out what in the world I was thinking, here's another alpha/hotfix European saves. It works with your saves, but might not with others.

Download

Until I do more research, you'll have to use File -> Open -> Open (Let me Choose Game) -> RBSaveEU.

Also, this should fix your existing save (assuming you were quicksaved in Wish Cave B55F).

The only problem I have is saving new pokemon or edited pokemon withing the app. There is a button for file and it has open and save as under, but it does not save the pokemon that was just edited to the save file.

I'm sorry. The first time I read this I though you were talking about the save file as a whole. That feature hasn't been implemented yet. I probably should have hidden that part, sorry for the confusion. Fortunately, Pokémon in a single save file can still be edited (just close the Pokémon window); however, if you want to transfer them between saves, you'll have to use Sky JEditor as matix2267 said.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I recently downloaded Sky Editor and I've been having some issues. I've been trying to edit an Explorers of Darkness file. I'm doing a challenge run where my hero is a Wurmple while my partner is a Weedle, but when I so much as try to edit their movesets to match their species, when I clear a dungeon, my team is turned into two Bulbasaur, both named reserve_22, and the game crashes when I get to the "Goodnight" cutscene, or when I load the game. What do I do?

Not only that, it insists the Wurmple is from Treeshroud Forest instead of ?????, and that Weedle is from Brine Cave, not Beach.

Hello, I recently downloaded Sky Editor and I've been having some issues. I've been trying to edit an Explorers of Darkness file. I'm doing a challenge run where my hero is a Wurmple while my partner is a Weedle, but when I so much as try to edit their movesets to match their species, when I clear a dungeon, my team is turned into two Bulbasaur, both named reserve_22, and the game crashes when I get to the "Goodnight" cutscene, or when I load the game. What do I do?

Not only that, it insists the Wurmple is from Treeshroud Forest instead of ?????, and that Weedle is from Brine Cave, not Beach.

I am unable to reproduce this. Can you upload your save file, preferably before and after editing?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, i just signed up so i hope its alright to post this but

I have a question about PMD sky save editing,

I've been using your this editor to add new starters

and I'm curious about if you can edit the save to

allow you to change leader in game before completing it

so I can change starters frequently (chimeco roster I mean)

if it is would you mind explaining how,i added pidgey and

other with your tool already. PS your tool is well made

I always wanted new starter options tried myself but code bothers me. thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, i just signed up so i hope its alright to post this but

I have a question about PMD sky save editing,

I've been using your this editor to add new starters

and I'm curious about if you can edit the save to

allow you to change leader in game before completing it

so I can change starters frequently (chimeco roster I mean)

if it is would you mind explaining how,i added pidgey and

other with your tool already. PS your tool is well made

I always wanted new starter options tried myself but code bothers me. thanks

Sorry for the late reply.

Unfortunately, I haven't done any research into changing the leader using save editing. All I've tried is changing the player Pokemon.

You can achieve a similar effect by editing the first stored Pokemon and active Pokemon, which will change the main player.

It says it can edit the names, money and stuff.

I don't see any of the options, just the extracting the expression things.

I want to permanently change my Vulpix Starter to a ninetails and my partner into a Tyranitar for the main game story, will the game change everything to make it so it's the pokemon it is? Or do I have to use those modifier AR codes?

• 1 month later...

Can someone help me?

Guess who losed his save of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky (I overwrite by an error putting my backup made just before) *It says that my data is corrupted and erased my save*

There is my both saves, if someone can help me with that... I tried to open the saves on Desmume, but it didn't work :(

http://gbatemp.net/attachments/desktop-rar.37869/

I searched help on this threat:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-twlsavetool-v1-0.412887/page-10#post-6055238

I really need to restore my save, it seems to be fine but something about security make that it didn't work, no Desmume and not in the real cartridge. If someone makes it work on Desmume/Cartridge please bring the save there. I would really apreciate it.

when i open the editor it says it stoped working how do i fix that

When you download the .zip, use Right-Click -> Properties -> General -> Security -> Unblock before extracting it.

Can someone help me?

Guess who losed his save of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky (I overwrite by an error putting my backup made just before) *It says that my data is corrupted and erased my save*

There is my both saves, if someone can help me with that... I tried to open the saves on Desmume, but it didn't work :(

http://gbatemp.net/attachments/desktop-rar.37869/

I searched help on this threat:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-twlsavetool-v1-0.412887/page-10#post-6055238

I really need to restore my save, it seems to be fine but something about security make that it didn't work, no Desmume and not in the real cartridge. If someone makes it work on Desmume/Cartridge please bring the save there. I would really apreciate it.

In DeSmuMe, did you use File -> Import/Export Backup Memory? Usually when directly editing the .dsv file doesn't work, this does.

In DeSmuMe, did you use File -> Import/Export Backup Memory? Usually when directly editing the .dsv file doesn't work, this does.

I extracted the save from the cartridge, I tried all import things, I think that the save is broken because a save protection, I need to fix that, can you try my save in the emulator and see if it works? I need help with that, I WOULD REALLY APRECIATTE IT!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so, uh, PMD red issue here:

Every time I try to edit the species of the 'you' pokemon, as soon as I'm done in the little window, it errors and closes as soon as I try to save the .SAV file. here's the windows output:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: SkyEditor.exe

Problem Signature 02: 3.2.0.0

Problem Signature 03: 54a5b2ff

Problem Signature 04: SkyEditor_plg

Problem Signature 05: 3.2.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 54a5b148

Problem Signature 07: 147

Problem Signature 08: 1

Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 4362

Additional Information 2: 4362e2d7d06552f3478ca44252bbdd97

Additional Information 3: 7093

Additional Information 4: 7093e72e752d6568fc8a2b641cbf997b

can you tell me what I'm doing wrong, please?

so, uh, PMD red issue here:

Every time I try to edit the species of the 'you' pokemon, as soon as I'm done in the little window, it errors and closes as soon as I try to save the .SAV file. here's the windows output:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: SkyEditor.exe

Problem Signature 02: 3.2.0.0

Problem Signature 03: 54a5b2ff

Problem Signature 04: SkyEditor_plg

Problem Signature 05: 3.2.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 54a5b148

Problem Signature 07: 147

Problem Signature 08: 1

Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 4362

Additional Information 2: 4362e2d7d06552f3478ca44252bbdd97

Additional Information 3: 7093

Additional Information 4: 7093e72e752d6568fc8a2b641cbf997b

can you tell me what I'm doing wrong, please?

Can you upload the save file you're using, please?