Sky Editor: The first save editor for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky

evandixon

Hello, is there anyway to edit rescue points in Sky? I was able to change my save file from the japanese version to US version but the only problem is that my rescue points was reset to zero.

Really? If so, then how so for European to US? Unless some codes can be helped I can't work it for BRT :(

Ok for some reason Sky Editor crashes every time I load it up. There's no error report except for the usual "it experienced a problem" junk and the termination of the program.

Tried installing .net framework and for some reason it still continues to crash (4.5.2 btw)

I don't get what's wrong.

Ok for some reason Sky Editor crashes every time I load it up. There's no error report except for the usual "it experienced a problem" junk and the termination of the program.

Tried installing .net framework and for some reason it still continues to crash (4.5.2 btw)

I don't get what's wrong.

Are you fully extracting the zip file when running it? If that doesn't work, I have a beta version posted here, which may receive periodic updates, applied automatically.

Got the beta working but the zip was all fully extracted and everything on the front page version. Ugh guess it broke.

New beta version with Blue Rescue Team (EU) works fine somewhat, my Pokemon aren't coming up as Lvl109 Unown but editing a Pokemon in is tough because the MOVES are set to each individual Pokemon oft he game which pops up to a random move.

Eg Move Selection Charizard, Aipom, Wigglytuff, Blissey

In-game Morning Sun, Quick Attack, Mirror Move and Featherdance.

it is very confusing...

Oh and the met at place is also set to a random number and idk what numbers mean what. Trying to make a legal Chansey here (since I'm getting sick of waiting for one on floor 50, 60 and 77 they take forever to appear ugh).

Numbers aren't even in order either. The list goes 1, then instantly 10 and then 100. Is it possible to put brackets explaining what each level is (like "1 (Tiny Woods)" or somethin' like that) because making a Pokemon in it is really confusing and blindfolded.

...but editing a Pokemon in is tough because the MOVES are set to each individual Pokemon oft he game which pops up to a random move.

Eg Move Selection Charizard, Aipom, Wigglytuff, Blissey

In-game Morning Sun, Quick Attack, Mirror Move and Featherdance.

Whoops. Will be fixed in the next version.

Oh and the met at place is also set to a random number and idk what numbers mean what. Trying to make a legal Chansey here (since I'm getting sick of waiting for one on floor 50, 60 and 77 they take forever to appear ugh).

Numbers aren't even in order either. The list goes 1, then instantly 10 and then 100. Is it possible to put brackets explaining what each level is (like "1 (Tiny Woods)" or somethin' like that) because making a Pokemon in it is really confusing and blindfolded.

The numbers are the ID of the dungeon the Pokémon was met at. So far, I have been unable to find a list of the dungeon IDs, so for now, only the IDs are shown. (0 is Sinister Woods, 2 is Frosty Forest, etc.) Hopefully by the next version, I'll have something better.

It better. Some of the moves from the POokemon ended up as the scrapped moves, Power-Ears (The Radar Orb move) and literally "-" which were both replaced by my in-game tactics so as to not freeze the game.

It's impossible to find a list of the dungeon IDs anywhere. But there's like, so many options because of all the places that exist within the game. Including boss rooms (probs for the Regis and Pokemon like them). It is really hard to edit though. If only there was a way instead of trial and error in the editor.

It better. Some of the moves from the POokemon ended up as the scrapped moves, Power-Ears (The Radar Orb move) and literally "-" which were both replaced by my in-game tactics so as to not freeze the game.

It's impossible to find a list of the dungeon IDs anywhere. But there's like, so many options because of all the places that exist within the game. Including boss rooms (probs for the Regis and Pokemon like them). It is really hard to edit though. If only there was a way instead of trial and error in the editor.

Looks like in order to get all the dungeon names, some amount of trial and error is needed. Fortunately, trial and error can be assisted.

Here's a debug version of Sky Editor. In Resources\Plugins\SkyEditor\English, there's a file called RBLocations.txt. Adding lines to this file will update Sky Editor's locations for Red/Blue Rescue Team. Finding out the IDs for each location is the tedious part. Fortunately, Sky Editor can help by generating a save file with Pokémon met at every location.

How to do this:

1. Open Sky Editor and load a Red/Blue Rescue Team Save (North America or Europe). The save should have 255 free Pokémon (as shown by the ----). If not, not all locations will be accounted for.

2. Debug -> Run Command...

3. Type "rbloctest", without the quotes.

4. Save the file somewhere you'll remember it.

5. Close and reopen Sky Editor.

6. Load the file you just saved.

7. Either run the save with DeSmuMe (included, just press F5 or use the menu), or run it with your choice of Emulator/Flashcart/Legit Cart

8. Go visit a team member.

9. In the list of Pokémon, you'll see lots of "Met At X" Pokémon. Look at the summary of each one not included in RBLocations.txt.

I've attached two save files for convenience. One for each region. Unfortunately, the EU version didn't have enough free Pokémon, so not every location can be found with it. (And the North American one was made with a slightly older method, so ignore everything after Met At 255.)

If you want to do this, it would be much appreciated. If not, I can, but it might take longer.

RBLocTestEU.sav

RBLocTest.sav

RBLocTestEU.sav

RBLocTest.sav

When you download Sky Editor Debug.zip, right-click and go to Properties -> General, and click Unblock (should just under Attributes: Readonly and Hidden).

Alternatively, use 7-zip to extract the archive.

This is because whenever you download a file from the internet, it's given the "mark of the web", and some executables and extensions are blocked from running for security's sake. The link that worked for you gets around that.

It's impossible to find a list of the dungeon IDs anywhere.

I have a list in the form of a lua table. Thunderwave Cave is 1, and it goes up from there. Also, you can probably ignore everything after Purity Forest.

local DungeonTable = {[0] = "Tiny Woods", "Thunderwave Cave", "Mt. Steel ", "Sinister Woods ", "Silent Chasm", "Mt. Thunder ", "Mt. Thunder Peak ",
"Great Canyon ", "Lapis Cave", "Mt. Blaze ", "Mt. Blaze Peak ", "Frosty Forest ", "Frosty Grotto ", "Mt. Freeze ", "Mt. Freeze Peak ",
"Magma Cavern", "Magma Cavern Pit", "Sky Tower ", "Sky Tower Summit ", "Stormy Sea", "Silver Trench", "Meteor Cave", "Mt. Freeze Peak ",
"Western Cave", "Boss 3", "Boss 4", "Wish Cave", "Buried Relic", "Pitfall Valley", "Northern Range ", "Boss 9", "Desert Region ",
"Southern Cavern", "Wyvern Hill ", "Fiery Field ", "Northwind Field ", "Solar Cave", "Lightning Field ", "Darknight Relic", "Wondrous Sea",
"Murky Cave", "Grand Sea", "Uproar Forest", "Oddity Cave", "Remains Island", "Marvelous Sea", "Fantasy Strait", "Rock Path",
"Snow Path", "Autopilot", "D50", "D51", "Dojo Registration", "Howling Forest", "D54", "Fantasy Strait", "Waterfall Pond", "Unown Relic",
"Joyous Tower", "Far-off Sea", "Mt. Faraway", "D61", "Purity Forest", "Out on Rescue", "???", "Tiny Woods", "Unknown World", "Frosty Grotto",
"Howling Forest", "Pokémon Square", "Pokémon Square", "Rescue Team Base", "Rescue Team Base", "***agb-slot", "Client Pokémon", "Normal Maze",
"Fire Maze", "Water Maze", "Grass Maze", "Electric Maze", "Ice Maze", "Fighting Maze", "Ground Maze", "Flying Maze", "Psychic Maze",
"Poison Maze", "Bug Maze", "Rock Maze", "Ghost Maze", "Dragon Maze", "Dark Maze", "Steel Maze", "Team Shiftry", "Team Constrictor", "Team Hydro",
"Team Rumblerock", "Rescue Team 2", "Rescue Team Maze"}

I have a list in the form of a lua table. Thunderwave Cave is 1, and it goes up from there. Also, you can probably ignore everything after Purity Forest.

local DungeonTable = {[0] = "Tiny Woods", "Thunderwave Cave", "Mt. Steel ", "Sinister Woods ", "Silent Chasm", "Mt. Thunder ", "Mt. Thunder Peak ",
"Great Canyon ", "Lapis Cave", "Mt. Blaze ", "Mt. Blaze Peak ", "Frosty Forest ", "Frosty Grotto ", "Mt. Freeze ", "Mt. Freeze Peak ",
"Magma Cavern", "Magma Cavern Pit", "Sky Tower ", "Sky Tower Summit ", "Stormy Sea", "Silver Trench", "Meteor Cave", "Mt. Freeze Peak ",
"Western Cave", "Boss 3", "Boss 4", "Wish Cave", "Buried Relic", "Pitfall Valley", "Northern Range ", "Boss 9", "Desert Region ",
"Southern Cavern", "Wyvern Hill ", "Fiery Field ", "Northwind Field ", "Solar Cave", "Lightning Field ", "Darknight Relic", "Wondrous Sea",
"Murky Cave", "Grand Sea", "Uproar Forest", "Oddity Cave", "Remains Island", "Marvelous Sea", "Fantasy Strait", "Rock Path",
"Snow Path", "Autopilot", "D50", "D51", "Dojo Registration", "Howling Forest", "D54", "Fantasy Strait", "Waterfall Pond", "Unown Relic",
"Joyous Tower", "Far-off Sea", "Mt. Faraway", "D61", "Purity Forest", "Out on Rescue", "???", "Tiny Woods", "Unknown World", "Frosty Grotto",
"Howling Forest", "Pokémon Square", "Pokémon Square", "Rescue Team Base", "Rescue Team Base", "***agb-slot", "Client Pokémon", "Normal Maze",
"Fire Maze", "Water Maze", "Grass Maze", "Electric Maze", "Ice Maze", "Fighting Maze", "Ground Maze", "Flying Maze", "Psychic Maze",
"Poison Maze", "Bug Maze", "Rock Maze", "Ghost Maze", "Dragon Maze", "Dark Maze", "Steel Maze", "Team Shiftry", "Team Constrictor", "Team Hydro",
"Team Rumblerock", "Rescue Team 2", "Rescue Team Maze"}

There's definitely a pattern here, but it's not as straightforward as the sequels.

Here's what I have so far:

0=Sinister Woods
1=Great Canyon
2=Frosty Forrest
3=Magma Cavern
4=Stormy Sea
5=Western Cave
6=Buried Relic
7=Desert Region
254=Razor Wind

Every 4th item in your list is an item in mine. Not sure what the significance is, but this might make it so that not every ID needs to be tested.

So should I continue testing or no?

Your Kingdras didn't show up in any friend area, and the only one in Treasure Sea was the only one.

I managed to get 2 IDs

78 is Joyous Tower and 36 is Stormy Sea as well as 4.

Hope Anty's thing can help gather more info.

So should I continue testing or no?

Your Kingdras didn't show up in any friend area, and the only one in Treasure Sea was the only one.

I managed to get 2 IDs

78 is Joyous Tower and 36 is Stormy Sea as well as 4.

Hope Anty's thing can help gather more info.

Indexes 0 through 23 are the 4th items in the list Anti-Lemony provided. 24 was Thunderwave Cave, which led me to expect 25 to be Mt. Thunder (because it is the 4th item after Thunderwave Cave). But no. 25 is "Low HP". Seriously. "Joined Rescue Team at: Low HP". 26 is "Paralysis", so I'm not entirely sure what the pattern is. Because of this, more testing would be nice, but indexes 0-26 are accounted for.

The Kingdras will be scattered throughout the friend areas, so just look at the summary of each when about to visit one.

But no. 25 is "Low HP". Seriously. "Joined Rescue Team at: Low HP".

Yeah, that kind of thing happens a lot. PMD1 stores a lot of its system strings in huge clumps, which ends up giving you completely unrelated strings when you poke in a value the game isn't expecting.

Indexes 0 through 23 are the 4th items in the list Anti-Lemony provided. 24 was Thunderwave Cave, which led me to expect 25 to be Mt. Thunder (because it is the 4th item after Thunderwave Cave). But no. 25 is "Low HP". Seriously. "Joined Rescue Team at: Low HP". 26 is "Paralysis", so I'm not entirely sure what the pattern is. Because of this, more testing would be nice, but indexes 0-26 are accounted for.

The Kingdras will be scattered throughout the friend areas, so just look at the summary of each when about to visit one.

I checked every friend area that was available to me. None of them were there at all. Except that singular one named "Kingdra" in Treasure Sea.

I did all the steps correctly too.

I checked every friend area that was available to me. None of them were there at all. Except that singular one named "Kingdra" in Treasure Sea.

I did all the steps correctly too.

They should be named "Met At [Number]". Are you using RBLocTest.sav (for North America Roms), or RBLocTestEU.sav (for European Roms)?

They're in the save editor but not in the game, I'm using the NA one.

Check the sorting you're using? I have no idea why they aren't showing up. I can take another look later.

-----------

On a development note, I have a general idea of how the checksum for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity works, and I've successfully changed my held money (with a hex editor). No idea how long it will be until there's progress on putting it in Sky Editor, but it's actually a possibility now (assuming you have access to Savedatafiler, through Gateway or Palatine CFW).

For anyone interested, the last two bytes contain the sum of all bits from index 0 to some unknown end point (0d43869 for one of my saves, still working on this), truncated to what will fit in 8 bits. The data is shifted by two bits, so 6 bits of the sum are in the next to last byte, and the other two in the last one.

Like for example, checking FAs in the editor I get this (Using Scorched Plains as an example): (I'll use prntscrs for screenshots. Not harmful at all) http://prntscr.com/6xhz67

In-game: http://prntscr.com/6xhzcd

It must have special coding to not allow unspecified Pokemon in or something. However it's even apparent in their own friend area.

Treasure Sea in SE: http://prntscr.com/6xhzjy

Treasure Sea In-game: http://prntscr.com/6xhzmy

Only one Kingdra. There appears to be a problem.

Edit: Nvm, it appears editing the floor of one of the guys ended up making all of them appear. Strange. Oh well, I'll go recording values then, nice find on GtI btw.

Ok, recording values and I think my bit has stopped because the locations actually legit loop.

See in RB locations, the text file it says "342=Steel Maze

343=Team Rumblerock" which are true, but this applies for even 22 and 23 and several values in between.

Here's what I got before I realised it looped.

8 = Northwind Field

9 = Wondrous Sea

10 = Oddity Cave

11= Rock Path

12 = D51

13 = Fantasy Strait

14 = Far-off Sea

15 = Out on Rescue (Lol I found this hilarious)

16 = Frosty Grotto

17 = Rescue Team Base

18 = Normal Maze

19 = Electric Maze

20 = Flying Maze

21 = Rock Maze

22 = Steel Maze

23 = Team Rumblerock

24 = Sleep (Text was blue here as well)

25 = Low HP (Blue text too)

26 = Paralysis (Once again blue)

27 = Leg Hold (I'll just say when they're yellow again)

28 = Ingrain

29 = Infatuated

30 = Razor Wind

31 = Bouncing

32 = Sinister Woods (yellow again now)

33 = Great Canyon

34 = Frosty Forest

35 = Magma Cavern

36 = Stormy Sea

37 = Western Cave

38 = Buried Relic

39 = Desert Region

40 = Northwind Field

41 = Wondrous Sea...

It appears that from this, it loops, in the game, as from here on I looked further and the pattern continued. Met at 78 turned out actually again as Far-off Sea. Erm... not enough values?

Nothing else turned up, I checked alot of summaries.

Guess it'll be a little harder to find all the locations since it's a never-ending loop.

What is strange though. Your Swellow in-save has 78 as its met at number and the location is Joyous Tower. But Met at 78, the same number, has it as Far-off Sea. Maybe there's more to the numbers?

Try another legit Pokemon. Geodude was met at Mt. Steel, which is 224 in SE. Met at 224 has the loop equivalent of Sinister Woods.

@evandixon: Does your editor use hex or decimal? Looping at 0x40 would be a lot more interesting than looping at 40

EDIT: Oh right it loops at Sinister Woods, not Northwind Field. So I'm assuming decimal.

Going by the loop the location is only stored in 5 bits, but the other 3 bits are clearly used because 224 & 0x1F = 0, which should come out as Sinister Woods, but ends up being Mt. Steel...

EDIT EDIT:

What is strange though. Your Swellow in-save has 78 as its met at number and the location is Joyous Tower. But Met at 78, the same number, has it as Far-off Sea. Maybe there's more to the numbers?

Whoops, I missed this. Looks like it's stored in a word.

Yeah, the text has everything before Northwind Field.

I'm guessing he just got the Geodude in the save normally and the editor can't see all of them because it loops :P

You can check more of his legit Pokemon that aren't the Met ats and compare them if there's a different number; they seem to differ.

Guess more work needs to be done on the actual locations?

Erm, encountered problems.

Ok I tried testing the EU one and I tried editing the floors on the Met at Anoriths... they still didn't appear :/

not only that... the game is in french. Um, are we gonna get knowledge this way? Maybe if I searched bulba but only after I'd have searched how to get the anorith in.

I'm guessing it might be the same since I don't see a difference in sky editor.

My eu save is english entirely, what happened to yours :P