Sky Editor: The first save editor for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky

evandixon

Is it possible to edit the flag that allows you to deposit your partner for Explorers of Sky? It gets set after you beat the game, allowing you to either go solo or just not use your partner.

I don't see why not, although I haven't played with storyline settings...

matix2267 found the location of the adventure log, maybe that's what stores storyline related info.

If you happen to have a few saves, with and without the ability to change the team leader, that'd be great. Otherwise, I'll go digging and try to find mine.

I'll try to do some searching around for save files. I've always wanted to try a solo runthrough of the game for a challenge, but there's always been the obstacle of the partner, as you can't deposit him/her/it until after you beat the game.

You can remove your partner from active pokemon using my editor (open file, click "Active Pokemon", right click your partner and "clear"). You can do this even without having Chimecho assembly yet. Didn't test if there are any drawbacks, the only things I can think of is that you might be unable to add your partner back until you beat the game and it's also possible that the first pokemon you recruit might be misinterpreted as your partner (I think those have very low probability because this game has good error checking).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Would Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity compatibility be possible?

Unfortunately, no. Saves for Pokémon X and Y can't even be edited yet, and there's a whole bunch of people working on that, with a lot more experience than me. If they succeed at decrypting then re-encrypting the saves, it might be possible, but will more than likely be impossible for at least several more months.

I found that when I try to use this with Pokemon Blue Rescue Team, a lot of the Pokemon names in the editor are mixed up. For example, when I select a Pokemon to be kecleon and I close it, the display shows it to be a duskull. Also when I try to make it the other kecleon option, it says it is a duscolops, following the trail exposes all kinds of errors. Also, which one is correct? The name in the editor or the display name?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey :)

I've been doing some research on this since quite a bit but I was never able to find any information about this so I figured I'll just ask the PMD Researcher himself:

Is there any way, wether it is by RAM or ROM editing, to change the recruitment rates in the games? I just find it really frustrating having to venture through a 99-floor dungeon multiple times, just to find out that the boss again doesn't want to be a part of your team :P Of course I've found some AR codes, for example for PMD Red which should give every Pokemon you beat a recruitment rate of 100%. However, none of these codes worked for me, some were just entirely fake, posted onto supercheats or the like and only consisting of a button enabler and a line of code that didn't make any sense ^^

Do you know if it's possible to do this sort of thing? I don't even care for which game, as long as it is PMD Red, Blue or Sky since I'd like to replay one of those three and try to recruit every pokemon.

I'd be grateful for an answer :)

I don't know of a 100% way to recruit, but there are several items that increase recruitment. In addition to the seven treasures, there's the Amber Tear, Golden Mask, and Friend Bow. And an IQ skill, and higher level Pokémon have better chances of recruitment.

A level 100 team leader holding an Amber Tear, with the Fast Friend Skill will have a 50% bonus chance to recruit any Pokémon. 60% if you have one of the appropriate seven treasures.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Recruitment

• 1 month later...
Hello, a problem I'm having is that whenever I open it, and try to open a savegame, it asks me which game the save is for. But the drop-down list is completely empty. So I click okay anyway but nothing happens. This happens when I click auto-detect as well as "let me choose".

I had the same problem, just use version 3.0.1.

I had the same problem, just use version 3.0.1.

Resolved that problem through a PM. Forgetful me never posted it elsewhere. Right click on ~/resources/plugins/SkyEditor_plg.dll > Properties > Click Unblock on the message about how it came from the internet.

Hope that works.

• 2 months later...

Hey, got a chance to borrow the ARDSi w/microSD from a friend. I'm using 3.0.1 of your program because 3.1 is not working properly - I can load the save (it autodetects too if I let it) and I can see my save's details, etc., but if I go to my Items Held section and click on the drop box (by default it's on !-Stone) the program crashes immediately. It works fine in 3.0.1 so at the moment I'm using that instead.

Any suggestions?

Hey, got a chance to borrow the ARDSi w/microSD from a friend. I'm using 3.0.1 of your program because 3.1 is not working properly - I can load the save (it autodetects too if I let it) and I can see my save's details, etc., but if I go to my Items Held section and click on the drop box (by default it's on !-Stone) the program crashes immediately. It works fine in 3.0.1 so at the moment I'm using that instead.

Any suggestions?

That's a weird bug in 3.1, and I'm sure I fixed it long ago. Sky Editor 3.2 Beta 1 fixes that, and should work fine. The only reason it's a "Beta" is because language support isn't complete, and I now like to have more polished releases.

• 4 weeks later...

(Sorry for my english, I am french)

Hi, your program works very well in the us version of Blue rescue team but not in the eu version : I can open my .dsv file but all of the values are false and my pokemons don't have valid names ; it doesn't work.

I tried to change a us save to a eu save but it doesn't work either…

Thank you, here is the file :

[ATTACH]11765[/ATTACH]

Edit : it works very well in the eu version of Explorers of Sky

It seems that Blue Rescue Team's offsets are off by a few bytes. Here's an experimental version of Sky Editor with support for European Red/Blue saves. You'll have to use File- > Open (Let me choose the save type), and you'll currently only be able to edit the Pokémon.

Debug.zip

Debug.zip

• 2 weeks later...