B2/W2 BWME Full-body Shot Help

I've been browsing the forums trying to see if anyone's had this problem. So far it looks like it's just me, meaning probably an error of my own. But can someone help me figure out what I'm doing? I'm trying to edit White 2 for a friend, one with all his friends as the gym leaders/elite four. The champion sprite will be Hilbert (my favorite trainer). However when I try to use BWME to replace the champion's full body mugshot (which is divided into two images) one of both images becomes discolored. I haven't had any problem with regular mugshots, but I assume that's because the champion mugshots both share pal 12. Is there something I'm doing wrong or another way to insert my files?

Also, it should be noted that this happens when i try to insert any file--not just Hilbert. I even tried to reinsert the original mugshots of Iris and got the same problem.

Thanks in advance.

wtf.png

I don't think i exceeded 16 colors. I'll check it again but even if i did, that wouldn't explain why the same thing happens with other images--including the original ones.

wtf2.png

Am I supposed to Sync Pal on any images that share a single palette?

From what I can gather about the program, the palette colors of each image are different. For example, The legs have less colors than the upper portion, causing it to glitch up like that. However, since the "sync palette" option breaks the sprites I don't see a way around it. I've had the same problem for quite some time with my own sprites, as well. As you can see from this video, I for one haven't figured it out just yet:

I'm still looking into the issue, I think something may be able to be done up right when the file is inserted into the narc with Tinke, but I can't be sure on that just yet.

It seems to regenerate the palette for that specific file (BWME and Tinke). That is what it looks like to me.

I've been thinking... What about a string of used colors near the top (1pixel per color)? I'm not sure how they read colors and maps but I wonder if that could allow them to have the same colors.

It seems to regenerate the palette for that specific file (BWME and Tinke). That is what it looks like to me.

I've been thinking... What about a string of used colors near the top (1pixel per color)? I'm not sure how they read colors and maps but I wonder if that could allow them to have the same colors.

I've tried that before as well, except it was further towards the bottom of the sprite. The color order still messed up, somehow. By all means though, go ahead and try it, maybe there is something I missed last time I did it.

Hmm. Is there a way around BWME for now? I mean I've seen videos on youtube with the full mugshot replaced. I'm no expert, this is my first time rom editing--but I'm willing to learn/try something different.

• 2 weeks later...

Like what Videomixer said, use Tinke for it. The thing is with the full mugshots there are two palettes in one file that lead to two separate sprites. (The top sprite and the bottom sprite) The problem is, BWME only reads one of those two palettes and therefore makes the legs match up to whatever palette is available to it.

In laymen's terms, both palettes need to be replaced, but BWME only accesses the one.

Proof that Tinke works for it:

[video=youtube;Xos-mEWG_Yc]

Alright. I tried tinke and I still got discoloration.

tinkewtf.png

Any reason why THAT would happen? ):

And to Videomixer: I found an image on google. It's a little large but if you're willing to edit it a little then it make's for a good blueprint for Hilbert.

tumblr_lytaahVAAq1qc9c3ao1_r1_500.png

I gave my Hilbert a more summer-y feel though.

micahms4.png

Once again not only am i sure it's under the 16 color limit, but even if it was over the same thing happens when I try to reinsert the original files of the game. All of which are already under 16 colors. But thank you for the theory.

I've actually tried several times, and I did take into account the multiple subpalettes (correct me if I'm wrong but for the champion's mugshot files in tinke they are 14 and 15; palette file is 67 with 16 subpalettes). But every time I try to plug in the image for his pants, both the top and bottom half become discolored. I'll keep messing around with it and post either a solution or my error, but am I the only one with this happening to them BOTH Tinke and BWME?

• 2 weeks later...