(B2/W2) Trainer In-Battle Front Sprite Help.

I am in the process of making a rom that allows the user to play as "Hugh" (Rival).

The rival in the rom is the Male Hero.

I have managed to make the walking overworld sprites to work for both characters as well as the back sprite for "Hugh" (Player).

When I attempted to change the front In-Battle sprite for the player all I got was some sort of staticy mess, See below.

5lwjfm.png

Can anyone help me? (Bare in mind I have only started editing roms today)

Edited by iiaaronxix

When you change the files (I'm assuming with BWSE), it only changes the image. Each image also has multiple other files that come with it. These files control various other things including animation.

You have to swap all of Hugh's files with Nate's files, not just the sprite.

Each image also has multiple other files that come with it. These files control various other things including animation.

You have to swap all of Hugh's files with Nate's files, not just the sprite.

Where would I find these files?

For each sprite you see, there are notehr files that go along with it. There are eight files in total.

0xx3lpl.png

You have to replace all these files.

You can use BWSE to get a general idea of which files contain which. For example, Sprite id#0 is Nate -> Files 0-7. Sprite id#1 is Rosa -> Files 8-15, etc.

For each sprite you see, there are notehr files that go along with it. There are eight files in total.

You have to replace all these files.

You can use BWSE to get a general idea of which files contain which. For example, Sprite id#0 is Nate -> Files 0-7. Sprite id#1 is Rosa -> Files 8-15, etc.

Thanks for this, it works now :D

Can't believe I created a form of MissingNo first time though ._.

usnMcud.png

• 2 months later...