Pokemon X & Y to shut out Action Replay?

Lugiamaster

Pokemon XY isn't specifically doing anything. The 3DS was made to be harder to hack to prevent piracy. It meaning AR use is harder, if not impossible, is a fringe benefit. Nintendo saw the power of the PSP but that in its initial version, it was laughably easy to hack. Sega Dreamcast was a system ahead of its time but it was so easy to steal games for it and that is partially why the console failed.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We might not be able to PokeGen newer Pokemon. But as long as we are able to do it to Gen 4 and Gen 5 Then people will use older pokemon. I higly dought that TPCI will ban all older pokemon from regionals given alot of the older pokemon are part of the new pokedex also. If they ban older pokemon then I for see less people entering Regionals or Nationals this year.

What I for see is people traning 1 to 2 Pokemon of the newer pokemon but the rest of the teams will be older pokemon. So when it comes to competive play I for see a more and more people using Gen 4 and Gen 5 to train Gen 1-5 Pokemon then use the bank and transfer to send them to Gen 6 and only using Gen 6 to temp to train Gen 6 Pokemon

We might not be able to PokeGen newer Pokemon. But as long as we are able to do it to Gen 4 and Gen 5 Then people will use older pokemon. I higly dought that TPCI will ban all older pokemon from regionals given alot of the older pokemon are part of the new pokedex also. If they ban older pokemon then I for see less people entering Regionals or Nationals this year.

What I for see is people traning 1 to 2 Pokemon of the newer pokemon but the rest of the teams will be older pokemon. So when it comes to competive play I for see a more and more people using Gen 4 and Gen 5 to train Gen 1-5 Pokemon then use the bank and transfer to send them to Gen 6 and only using Gen 6 to temp to train Gen 6 Pokemon

I agree to an extent. As a competitive player myself, I will be using a number of the newer pokemon at first just to see how they may fare on the competitive field. However, the problem with using the Pokemon Bank to transfer pokemon over, is that we don't know how it will be able to detect cheated pokemon.

Sure, you could spend a while making great pokemon and then 'try' to transfer them to the storage, only for them to be rejected.

We'll have to wait to see how the online aspect of storing pokemon will affect this.

Also, someone might be able to crack the 3DS....eventually. Pokemon gen 6 has only begun and no doubt all main future pokemon releases will be on the 3DS. So eventually, it should be cracked allowing for pokemon editing.

Pokecheck is being worked on to be gen 6 compatable. In some time we can be sure that the games will have some aid from pokemon created by us. Either be pokecheck or pokegen, it's just a matter of time...

I can't wait till pokebank for my perfect mewtwo to be transfered...

To be honest I only used action replay for either money or items because to me getting necessary things like potions or revives is expensive. For event pokemon I just use Pokedit sends them straight through the GTS system stats and all and only then I've used them for Event pokemon that I either missed, don't live in Japan (They always have more poke-events than where I like), or Version difference. I dont usually do completive play I find it weird and I loose way to many time even if I use a poke team from a certain tier (Lost way to many times to count). But hacks and Action replay will allways find another way in As long as it dosen't Brick my Ds or prevent me from logging onto the internet I would use it

Personally, as a *working adult and parent* who is still a Pokemon fan, I *agree* that not being able to make up for the time it takes to "legitimately" capture/breed and raise up fight-worthy "legal" Pokemon will make it impossible for me to compete in contests. How can one compare the effort required when one has, maybe, a whole *hour* a day to "waste" on the leisure of a video game -- and compare that to the time required to raise up good fighting Pokemon *manually*? I have heard of individuals playing/working on decent Pokemon for 16-20 hrs per day... a luxury I don't have, if I want to be able to afford either the game platform *or* the game. And *usually*, I am lucky to win a mere third of the battles I wage in a competition, even with "legal" hacked Pokemon, so how is it that my "time-saving" is really hurting anyone who has time to do better? This merely ruins the game's experience for me and those in my situation.

As for whether or not I "hack" other games -- I don't *play* other games. Period. Mario is ***booorring***, so is nearly every other game I have tried. DragonAge (the 1st one) was *almost* fun, the others were not. (sorry for the digression).

My personal *opinion*, as is this entire post, and I am sure there are others who disagree: Nintendo, is *heavily* under-estimating the working adult population who still play Pokemon, yet who have out-grown Mario/Spyro and the like.

The Mechanics in Pokemon, that addicted me when I was helping my 3-yr-old play/learn to read on FireRed, allow complexity that your average 10-yr-old doesn't appreciate -- but can *learn* to appreciate as they get older and delve more into the depths of the game, and even attract them into the Card game.

In fact, there is no comparison -- to my mind, Mario games are made for 13-yr-olds & under, as a "whack'em up-mayhem" game; whereas Pokemon *can* exercise the brain, but doesn't *have* to.

Again, just my *opinions*.

I've been hearing some rather nasty rumors that the 6th Generation is going to lock out all programs known as Pokesav and Pokegen.

If this is true it is really going to hurt the competitive side of Pokemon as now everyone will have to train and breed the old way.

If this happens, it's going to turn me away from the competitive scene completely because I simply do not have the time in my life to tackle such a huge task.

Personally, as a *working adult and parent* who is still a Pokemon fan, I *agree* that not being able to make up for the time it takes to "legitimately" capture/breed and raise up fight-worthy "legal" Pokemon will make it impossible for me to compete in contests. How can one compare the effort required when one has, maybe, a whole *hour* a day to "waste" on the leisure of a video game -- and compare that to the time required to raise up good fighting Pokemon *manually*? I have heard of individuals playing/working on decent Pokemon for 16-20 hrs per day... a luxury I don't have, if I want to be able to afford either the game platform *or* the game. And *usually*, I am lucky to win a mere third of the battles I wage in a competition, even with "legal" hacked Pokemon, so how is it that my "time-saving" is really hurting anyone who has time to do better? This merely ruins the game's experience for me and those in my situation.

As for whether or not I "hack" other games -- I don't *play* other games. Period. Mario is ***booorring***, so is nearly every other game I have tried. DragonAge (the 1st one) was *almost* fun, the others were not. (sorry for the digression).

My personal *opinion*, as is this entire post, and I am sure there are others who disagree: Nintendo, is *heavily* under-estimating the working adult population who still play Pokemon, yet who have out-grown Mario/Spyro and the like.

The Mechanics in Pokemon, that addicted me when I was helping my 3-yr-old play/learn to read on FireRed, allow complexity that your average 10-yr-old doesn't appreciate -- but can *learn* to appreciate as they get older and delve more into the depths of the game, and even attract them into the Card game.

In fact, there is no comparison -- to my mind, Mario games are made for 13-yr-olds & under, as a "whack'em up-mayhem" game; whereas Pokemon *can* exercise the brain, but doesn't *have* to.

Again, just my *opinions*.

I completely agree. I am a 38 year old father of two and don't need the satisfaction of training my own Pokémon. Plus, all I ever use these 'not supported by Nintendo' features is for wonder cards of events I can't possibly make it to.

Nintendo is specifically trying to make sure that piracy is impossible on the 3DS. This means no execution of any code that Nintendo doesn't approve. The side effect is that we have no Action Replay, and it's hard to try to inject code into a save file to run homebrew from that. Ever heard of Sudokuhax? It exploited the save file of a DSiWare title to enable homebrew. If it wasn't patched (disabling transfer of save data for DSiWare titles for everyone), it very well could have led to piracy through the SD card slot. Now that I'm thinking about it, the CycloDSi actually managed to run pirated DSi titles using a save exploit on a DSi game.

Long story short, hackers either need to find a good exploit* or somehow convince Nintendo to sign a cheating device that could ruin online play in the wrong hands. I don't see Nintendo doing that.

*There's one found by the Gateway team, but only works on the 4.5 3DS firmware and was fixed before it was released. 3DS homebrew is still not out, but there are screenshots of unsigned code running on the 3DS using the Gateway exploit.

Have u guys even played x and y? Its super easier to train now . The time spend training has decreased

Agreed.

Not only that, its even possible to soft reset for near flawless Legendaries, I've seen a 31/x/31/30/31/31 Xerneas already . Gamefreak have introduced a lot of mechanics to make things quicker and have iv spreads possible.

The community is thriving with people spreading pokerus via twitter (check out #wondertradewednesday). The PSS system where you get OPowers. Without action replays etc people need the help of others which ultimately is making the community even better.

The exp share applies to the entire party now as well.

Yeah also using the destiny knot in breeding passes 5 IV's from both parents now. Used with a power item/Everstone your guaranteed to get a good spread in a few attempts.

That and the fast EXP via Elite 4 (lucky Egg) and your laughing.

Who says Gen 6 will have bad pokes lol #27thNationalDittoTransferDay

Can someone fill me in, are Pokemon XY action replay codes being worked on? Are they not possible? I dont know how to hack a games source code or anything like that but is there anything I can do to help with findingthe same kind of codes we had with Black and White 2?
Nintendo is specifically trying to make sure that piracy is impossible on the 3DS. This means no execution of any code that Nintendo doesn't approve. The side effect is that we have no Action Replay, and it's hard to try to inject code into a save file to run homebrew from that. Ever heard of Sudokuhax? It exploited the save file of a DSiWare title to enable homebrew. If it wasn't patched (disabling transfer of save data for DSiWare titles for everyone), it very well could have led to piracy through the SD card slot. Now that I'm thinking about it, the CycloDSi actually managed to run pirated DSi titles using a save exploit on a DSi game.

Long story short, hackers either need to find a good exploit* or somehow convince Nintendo to sign a cheating device that could ruin online play in the wrong hands. I don't see Nintendo doing that.

*There's one found by the Gateway team, but only works on the 4.5 3DS firmware and was fixed before it was released. 3DS homebrew is still not out, but there are screenshots of unsigned code running on the 3DS using the Gateway exploit.

I have no problem at all if theres no hacking...im guessing nintendo rather make the game easier than have people hack it. Im just upset about pokemon bank :/

Nintendo doesn't care about hacking but about piracy. Preventing hacking in a game is just a side effect.

There is absolutely nothing to be upset about with Bank. It is $5 a year and if that's too much, you probably shouldn't have purchased a $130-200 console and $40 game. And there's a 1 month free trial.

Well technically...

But for the record I think opening this functionality up to the public is a terrible idea.

Not that I have any say in the research side of things but I totally agree with CM. I'm perfectly fine limiting the use of whatever Bond/XFR/whoever are doing to just them to use it for noble purposes rather than releasing it to the public where people will inevitably get dicked over on WonderTrade