Pokemon Origin Platinum

Lazerith

logoiec.png

Pokemon Origin Platinum V1.4

Hack developed by Lazerith

Current Status: Working

Attention: I have begun working on a second Pokemon hack, so unless a bug that needs urgent fixing occurs, I will probably not update Origin Platinum. For more details on my new hack, or if you have any other questions feel free to private message me.

Summary:

Pokemon Origin Platinum is a self-contained hack of Pokemon Platinum developed by Lazerith and inspired by the hacks by Drayano. Origin Platinum features the ability to obtain all 493 Pokemon without having to do any sort of events, trading, or going underground.

Features:

Pokemon Origin platinum includes the following features:

• Ability to catch all 493 Pokemon without the use of any outside source, while still being able to trade and battle with friends. Every non-legendary Pokemon can be caught before the elite four, and most added legendary Pokemon are located in post-game areas.
  • Regigigas no longer requires having the Regis pokemon to catch, but has been changed to a fateful encounter so that it may allow the player to catch the other Regis Pokemon.
  • Giratina now has Griseous orb held when you catch him. I know many people do not like the way he looks without it. I am one of those people.
  • Items such as Metal Coat, which originally were given as a held item to allow a Pokemon to evolve by trading can now be used to evolve Pokemon in the same manner as the evolution stones.
  • Pokemon that evolve by simply trading them now evolve at certain levels. Check the documents provided with the patch for more details.
  • Wurmple now evolves into Silcoon/Cascoon based on its gender.
  • Spiritomb no longer requires going underground and meeting 32 people to catch. Simply use the Odd Keystone where you normally would.
  • Once a player has caught 492 pokemon, he/she will be given the Azure Flute by one of the residents of Sandgem Town. This item is required to catch Arceus. Catching Arceus is pretty much the goal of the game.
  • Players wishing to make competitive teams using any fossil pokemon, spiritomb, or Pokemon that evolve via evolutionary items will now find that all fossils, odd keystone, and all evolution items are now sold in Veilstone Department Store.
  • Event items such as Secret Key, Membership Pass, Oak's Letter, and Azure Flute are now given to you at certain parts of the game.
  • The Super Rod is now given to you by Jasmine right after you beat the 8th gym. There are some pokemon that can only be, or are a lot more common when using the super rod. Check the Pokemon Locations document for more information.
  • The game now features a second master ball. So don't fret if you accidentally use it. However, there are still only two in the game, so still use them sparingly.
  • Many NPC's that used to say pointless, meaningless, and useless text have been changed to say references to various types of media such as Anime, Games, T.V. Shows, and Movies. See if you can find and understand them all. This is the one change that I have made that I didn't include a document. I figured that would ruin the fun.
  • More details on these changes are included in the documents.

Replayability:

With the ability to catch every Pokemon, as well as all of the included references to look for, Pokemon Origin Platinum gives players a reason to talk to everyone and examine every object.

Screenshots:

torchicr.pngveilstonestore.pngevolutionitem.pngevoitemuse.pngevolvinge.pngreferencek.pngbookv.png

Bugs:

None as of now

If you encounter any problems, please pm me or post a reply so that I can fix them as fast as possible.

Most recent changes:

V1.4

Spear Pillar freeze is now fixed. The game is beatable and no freezes in the main game. I haven't experienced any post-game freezes, so please let me know if you find any, and I will fix them.

V1.3

Due to being able to fix the original bug found before which prevented progress beyond Mt. Coronet after the 7th badge, I have eliminated the room in Mt. Coronet. When you go into the entrance that would normally bring you too the room, it will bring it to the room afterward instead. The transition looks a bit funny, but at least it lets you progress.

V1.2

The bugs that have appeared after I rescripted the game to fix the cycling road freeze are now fixed. I have done a test playthrough and have made it past the fifth gym with absolutely no problems.

V1.1

I have fixed the cycling road freeze. Currently, my playthrough is up to Hearthome City, so you should be able to get to that point with no problems.

Future changes:

Future changes I plan on doing include but are not limited to the following

• More references will be included with every update. Currently, references are abundant in each town/city up until and including Eterna City. After that, they are sprinkled throughout the game. I want to make this part of the game be something that involves everyone, so please suggest references to put in. =]

I am very busy, so the following future changes are merely an idea

• I plan on changing surf/fish pokemon to be the same levels as pokemon in the same and surrounding areas.
  • I want to make low level Pokemon in post-game areas such as Turnback cave higher leveled.

Credits:

• Drayano for walking me through what programs I needed, and how to use them. Taught me how to use hex editing for this hack, and helped me check and make balances to what wild Pokemon can be found where. Also for helping me make decisions throughout my time making this hack. Drayano's Blaze Black, Volt White, Sacred Gold, and Storm Silver were what inspired me to do this project, and without him, Origin Platinum would not exist.
  • My girlfriend for making the Title image used in this post.
  • Various friends of mine for helping me think of references to put into the game and looking for bugs.

Tools used:

• PPRE
  • CrystalTile2
  • TheNewPokeText

Download links:

The following links are where you can download the patch and documents. You will need to provide your own Pokemon Platinum rom and download xdelta to apply the patch.

Recommendations:

I highly recommend the following hacks developed by Drayano, who inspired and helped me make Pokemon Origin Platinum.

Pokemon Blaze Black/Volt White

Pokemon Blaze Black 2/Volt White 2

Pokemon Sacred Gold/Storm Silver

Edited by Lazerith
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I am sorry if i distrub you,but now i play your project pokemon,i like it but when i in mt.coronet before i can see cryus in spear pillar i have trouble

The dark screen and only voice music,can you help me i have 7 badges and i now must fight cyrus and garantina but i have trouble

I play in my nds type dsi lite,please what i must do

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I am sorry if i distrub you,but now i play your project pokemon,i like it but when i in mt.coronet before i can see cryus in spear pillar i have trouble

Likely the rom is patched or edited, you need a clean copy first.

I have a problem though, after obtaining the national dex and attempting to catch regigigas, it gives me dialogue referring me to get the 3 regis still, like vanilla platinum. .

• 1 month later...

I've got a problem

The Secret Key straight up does nothing. I won't use cheats because the last one I tried, 900x all medicine, replaced all my medicine AND berry items with 30 slots of 900 potions (checking the berry tag for it was funny though - looked pretty interesting). This leads me to believe that the Azure Flute, Oak's Letter, and Membership Pass all will fail, however I can't prove this. Do you have any insight? Can you fix it? Thanks!

-wundr

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...

What version of pokemon platinum did you use? I'm trying to use Xdelta to patch platinum with origin platinum, but it keeps throwing an error saying

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application." and "The system cannot find the file specified."

I assume this means I'm using the wrong version of pokemon Platinum as the base, but no where in your description do you say what version of the game you used.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...