Gen IV save game help.

krskull

Hello, I have encountered a problem when trying to run a Pokemon Pearl save game that I downloaded from GameFAQ. The game was supposed to be 100% complete, in AR Max (DUC) Format. Now, because I wanted to run it with DESUME, I uses a save converter to change it to DSV format. I then re-named the file to mach the ROM specifically. However, when I then ran the ROM, it acted as if it was a new save. I tried to open the DSV save in PokeGen, but it wasn't recognized at all. The original was recognized, so I know it isn't the save file it'self. I have attached a .ZIP file containing booth of these saves. Any help in fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated.

POKEMON PEARL SAVE &.zip

POKEMON PEARL SAVE &.zip

Here's the ultimate solution: After selecting the save through Import Backup Memory you MUST choose AUTO (From Imported Data Size). That Way it WILL Work. Hope it Helps!

Unfortunately, that still didn't do anything. The game still loads as if there is no save data.

I fixed it. Just had to trim the first 0xA4 or so bytes to bring it down to the normal size of 0x80000. It was easy to spot the extra info, since normally there's no recognizable text in a Gen IV save file.

Staraptor.png

Thanks! It works perfectly now. I owe you big time now