iPhone vs. DS(i)

Greencat

iPhone vs. DS(i)?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. iPhone vs. DS(i)?

• iPhone will Succeed compared to DS
    • iPhone will Loose compared to DS
    • Other

The DSi ware games can be compared to iPhone games, but the actual DS games cannot, it is a whole different type of game.

iPhone is touch only, some DS games don't even use the touch screen.

I do not honestly believe that the iPhone or it's less communication oriented brother, the iPod Touch, can touch the Nintendo's DS or DSi. I have seen the games that can be played on the iPhone. They have few levels, they are pretty easy, and most only have one objective and really only one thing to do. If someone tries to satiate their gaming thirst with the iPhone alone, they will be disappointed.

I do not honestly believe that the iPhone or it's less communication oriented brother, the iPod Touch, can touch the Nintendo's DS or DSi. I have seen the games that can be played on the iPhone. They have few levels, they are pretty easy, and most only have one objective and really only one thing to do. If someone tries to satiate their gaming thirst with the iPhone alone, they will be disappointed.

That was most likely a free app.

Little effort goes into some apps, others however, are amazing.

Personally, a racing game on DS just would not cut it for me compared to something like Asphalt4 or NFSU on the iPhone.

Nah, I still think the iPhone can beat the DS. Have you seen Need For Speed Undercover from EA? Or how about Sims 3 from EA?

need-for-speed-undercover-iphone-screenshot-1.png

And I don't think Nintendo DS provides Internet Tethering via cord or even Bluetooth. I got mine doing it couple of times and gets 150 KB/S download speed sometimes.

Edit:

The iPhone/Touch may not have buttons either, but it can handle up to 5 points of touch, not just one like the DS. It also has an accelerometer, compass, GPS, and Bluetooth.

Well this isn't really about games, but...

I prefer the DS's touch/pressure sensitive screen then the iPhone/iPod Touch's heat sensitive one. Sure heat sensitive is more responsive, but i in my opinion pressure senstive screens are more accurate.

And I don't think Nintendo DS provides Internet Tethering via cord or even Bluetooth. I got mine doing it couple of times and gets 150 KB/S download speed sometimes.

Edit:

The iPhone/Touch may not have buttons either, but it can handle up to 5 points of touch, not just one like the DS. It also has an accelerometer, compass, GPS, and Bluetooth.

Yes, the iPhone is an all-in-one device, but GPS has nothing to do with gaming.

Also, perhaps I should have continued after my last post that while right now the iPhone is not heavy competition in the gaming department, if more developers start paying more attention to Apple than Nintendo, because the iPhone is capable of graphics that the DS cannot it could end up beating it.

And Mewtwo Ex, I believe there is an app of the original Pokémon games.

Well this isn't really about games, but...

I prefer the DS's touch/pressure sensitive screen then the iPhone/iPod Touch's heat sensitive one. Sure heat sensitive is more responsive, but i in my opinion pressure senstive screens are more accurate.

It's not heat sensitive. Your fingers give off small electric signals and that how it picks it up.

After all the phone does not have any Pokemon games which we all like.

You can always jail break it an play the old ones, but I suppose that isn't like the DS ones, but I'm not sure either if there is an App for DS games or just a Pokemon collection.

THe DSi (with a flashcart) can support GB, GBC, NES, SNES and even PSP! (Just ghange the ISO ending to NDS an run it!)

So can a JailBroken iPhone/Touch and I haven't seen an Emulator of a PSP for any flashcart. :\

Yes, the iPhone is an all-in-one device, but GPS has nothing to do with gaming.

True, but they can utilize that feature into games. Such as a driving game where you can drive around your area. Actually, a lot of games use it. :P You can use the 3G and WiFi together on things like Tap Tap Revenge to play against those around your area and check records around your area. ;)

Even if we ignore all of the iPhones shortcomings as a device in general, we should consider the reason why Nintendo is winning against it's competition elsewhere. Microsoft does everything better than Nintendo on the Xbox, and yet the Wii outsells it and that isn't just because of it's casual appeal.

As long as Nintendo has Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and Metroid (and they always will), Nintendo can stand up to anyone no matter what.