Noob problem; can't load/open a save file

March

I've used Pokegen before, but it went way smoother back then. Basically, I can't save edited Pokemon.

This is what I do:

Open Pokegen > Edit a Pokemon > Save [save file] as... > Ding. Error. "You must load a save file-"

Fair enough, Pokegen. File > Open > And this is where I'm stuck. How do I get a save file? If I do have one, where is it?

Back then, I would save it etc. etc. then just upload them and receive them via GTS. As of now, I'm using an Action Replay, slowly and carefully creating Pokemon at a fraction of the speed that I used to create Pokemon through Pokegen. Please help.

@ Lethalflare - Yes, I did buy the game.

@ Kaphotics - I understand.

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I want to save the Pokemon INTO my computer's files, not into my game.

I need .pkm files in order to save them, which I have no idea how to get a hold of. No, in all honesty, I don't even know what that is. :frown:

@ Lethalflare - Yes, I did buy the game.

@ Kaphotics - I understand.

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I want to save the Pokemon INTO my computer's files, not into my game.

I need .pkm files in order to save them, which I have no idea how to get a hold of. No, in all honesty, I don't even know what that is. :frown:

As Kaphotics said, use File -> Save Pokémon (From Tabs)

... Ha. HAHAHA! Now I feel really dumb for over-complicating things. Thank you for showing how stupid I was in all this @.@ I've tried all the 'saves', but when it asked for a place to save, I was looking for a file, when what it really was asking for was just a name. Whelp. I feel like running into pole. Thank you!