Adding New Trainers to List in BWTE

I have looked around a bit about how to "create" new Trainers with seperate ID's using the empty spaces at the end of the narc, I have also tried filling some of the empty slots like file 620 and can get the trainer class and pokemon to copy correctly however It keeps " - 620" as the Trainer Name and when I attempt to change it I get: Unhandeled exception. Is there a way to simply add more trainers on past the 813, and to change the name am I going to have to go into a/0/0/2 and search for " "? in order to give the blanks an actual name.

Edit: Did a search through all of the a/0/0/2 files using notepad++ and Trainer Class names are in there but not the Actual Names. Anyone know the narc I need?

Extend trdata and trpoke by copying a file and appending it to the end. Be sure to continue the numbering (so it should be file 814)

If I remember correctly, the names are in a non-readable format and I also forgot the index... Anyways, the index # of the trainer is the index # of the name.

Edit: location is a/0/0/2 - 382

Remember to extend the text so you can add your custom name.

Check out RawDB on Project Pokemon's main site and it will give you information on this actual names.

Is there some special way to Append the file because I have already tryed copying one and simply pasteing the file to the end with the correct numbering, It usualy either throws off all of the pokemon and trainers or it simply doesnt show up on BWTE, no matter what I do BWTE only shows up to Trainer 813.

Edit: Nvm I understand now. Thank you.

I managed to find the file to change the name, it doesn't show up on BWTE but I assume it will show up in game, havent tested yet. I am unable to make Trainer 814 show up in BWTE though, If I still point my script for the battle to Id 814 will it still show up with the same data as the file I copyed?

Aight got it now finally after several dumb moments, For anyone that trys to do the same thing its very easy:

The Name Data is in a/0/0/2 file 382 edit it at the end.

Then create the New trainers team in BWTE in one of the blank slots such as 620, then copy file 620 and rename it say 814 if ur editing a fresh rom.

Point your script to 814 using Hex and your good to go.

It will not show up in BWTE I assume because BWTE is programmed only to search to 813, if you need to edit the Trainer recopy the file to 620 etc and edit it there then copy it back.

Dont forget to reload all of your narcs into the game

a/0/0/2

a/0/9/1

a/0/9/2

and a/0/5/6

I tryed the BWTE modded one and still only let me see 813, looked at the source code and the memory is exspandable so technicly it should be able to show the extra trainers, im not sure why it isnt.

Edit: *facepalm* Wow at my own stupidity, I downloaded the wrong one didnt even notice the one saying 1000 trainers.....-.- today is not my day lol. Thanks for the help mate I'm sure it will work now.

I ran into another problem though, I am trying to create my own class but have it keep the battle sprite of the Veteran, I noticed that they synch up in their files so I swapped it around so that the veteran will appear for one of the no datas. It loads the Veterans Sprite just fine but it will say "Veteran" I checked both Files in the Narc and they both say "Legendary Trainer" like I put in. the files are 383 and 485 in a/0/0/2

• 2 months later...
While I'm not sure about adding trainer classes, you can replace the sprites. Just download KazoWar's BW tools and use BWSE. NARC file location is in the readme's.

But the number in BWSE is different !! There are also black sprites .

If you want to completely replace a trainer class:

1. a/0/0/2 - 191: http://projectpokemon.org/rawdb/black2/msg/383.php has trainer class name data. Edit with text editor (e.g. PPTXT, etc)

2. a/0/7/1 -> With BWSE, go to the appropriate index and change/replace the sprite. If I remember correctly, the index at a/0/7/1 corresponds to the trainer class index.

3. Optional, but you can always change the OW sprite. Just use BWOE.

Also: Backsprites, not sure what you mean by that... Are you changing them?