Double Battle Hack

I was just thinking about something the other day. Pokemon Colloseum introduced the interesting concept of battling exclusively in doubles. Battling this way makes certain pokemon much more useful in battle, such as dedicated walls like Forretress, or Support pokemon like Chancey. But Colloseum is plagued by other problems, such as being overall very short and having a ridiculously slow battle system. That got me to thinking. What if That concept were brought into another game, like Platinum or one of the 5th gen games?

That's what I envision a hack of a pokemon game that is comprised of almost exclusively double battles, making pokemon that were previously only useable online useful in the story mode.

Of course there are problems. Currently I have found no way to actually change battles that were previously single battles into double battles. Then there is the issue of wild encounters. Can they be made into double battles?

Let me know what you guys think, or if you have a solution to the problems above!

I did make a Black hack where everything's a triple battle.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nud588ab152drpt (Note: A very few don't have moves and will use struggle.)

But I understand if this isn't what you're looking for. If you really want double battles, that's going to be a problem... PPRE does weird and last time I edited trainers in BW to double battles it froze the game- but I'm sure that's fixed now. Good luck!