Pokémon Excelsior - A Pokémon Emerald Revamp - Beta Version 3

RobbieNewton

Dear Readers

Hi. Some of you may recognise me from around here or on PokeCommunity. I am a University Student and have been passionate about Pokémon ever since Blue game out. I have spent the past few months working on a Crystal mod (that I could share if anyone wants) to give me some experience and I have now upgraded to working on Emerald.

What is it?

Well basically, it is a revamp of Emerald. By this I mean that there is no new storyline and no new pieces of text (unless someone can give a good link to a tutorial on it). The trainer names will be edited and references to trainers (such as changing SIDNEY to Sidney in aTrainer, the text will be changed to call him Sidney as opposed to SIDNEY) will be changed to reflect this. It will aim to let you get all of the available Pokémon that existed in Gen 3. In addition to this, many of them will have their typing and stats edited to, whilst maybe not be wholly balanced, make any one within the game viable.

For example

Gyarados has been changed to Water/Dragon

Charizard is now a Fire/Dragon

Pinsir is Bug/Dark

Pidgeot is pure Flying

etc...

A lot of Pokémon have stats edited. In this game, the starters are Numel, Cacnea and Wailmer and as such, I have ensured that Camerupt, Cacturne and Wailord have BST's of 540. What I really want to do and what I am striving to do is make a game where within reason, you can use a team of Pokémon that you love and enjoy without having to compromise. Trade evolutions are being worked on - some will be level based, others not so much. Particular evolutionary note to Eevee. Sun Stone = Espeon, Moon Stone = Umbreon

Where am I at?

Right now, I have got the gyms up until Lavaridge Town edited, and most of the trainers up til Mauville are edited. In addition, WIld Pokemon are edited up until Mauville I believe. One sprite has been edited, and that is Professor Birch, to try and resemble Zetsu from the popular Naruto franchise.

How can you the people help

Well it will mainly be an independent one, but what I am looking for is people who can give me links to scripting tutorials so I can get the advanced features of aMap under my belt. I am also looking for people to give me feedback on it, so for example stuff that does not sit right, glitches etc.

Link please

But of course

http://www.mediafire.com/?al6nj91vvvou298

Here are some images too

cacnea.png

lakelittlerooty.png

numel.png

wailmer.png

hzcNgkL.jpg

Thank you all for taking the time to read this and I hope you can enjoy it. I have played so many great mods in my time and I felt it was about time I gave back to the community.

Changelist - http://www.mediafire.com/view/?jhhj0itnwgtn608

Edited by RobbieNewton

• 2 weeks later...
Change Groudons type to fire! :D

Thank you. That's one of the things I have been thinking. Maybe Ground/Fire. It definitely suits fire - the thing is though how do I change Kyogre to offset this. It always seemed odd to me that they were meant to be on equal footing when Kyogre clearly had the type advantage

There's a good idea, thank you. Water/Ice versus Ground/Fire. Should in theory cancel out some of it. Since posting the update, I have since changed Glalie to Dark/Ice, and Ledyba/ian to Bug/Fighting but will not put that in an IPS just yet. May make Rayquaza pure Dragon.

Updated it to B eta One just now. A few more Pokémon changed - and in terms of trainers, all of the trainers up to Mauville Town are edited including the gym. In terms of gyms, what I have right now is Gyms 1-4 set, trainers edited etc... as well as the layout of Rustboro Gym. This is really quite exciting.

Gym 1 - Ice

Gym 2 - Ground

Gym 3 - Poison

Gym 4 - Fire/Water

Gym 5-7 - Still deciding

Gym 8 - Dark

So yeah, felt I would update you all on it.

Heh thats something I could do. Just really contemplating it to be honest, Groudon is an interesting one. Maybe ground/grass. Yes I know he doesn't really suit the grass type, but Grass is related to earth and nature :P It would cancel out the water being super effective. That way I could then roll with Water/Ice for Kyogre.

If you ever do more screenshots of your editor and other things, use "Snipping Tool." It should already be on your PC, so search for it under the start menu. This way, you can get images of the part you want (The gym in advanced map in your case) and not have everything else on the desktop.

Heh true that, I felt it was more exciting sharing a work in progress.

Anyways not done a lot lately, had a lot of coursework for uni and I am approaching final exams. All my coursework will be done by Wednesday so hoping to spend Wednesday afternoon doing the rest of the gyms, in terms of trainers and leaders. Then I will work on the villainous teams - each GRUNT wil actually have a name. Keep the suggestions for type changes coming in :) Done some work today with YAPE - all Pokémon who received a Gen IV evo have now had base stats changed to reflect their evo

• 3 weeks later...

OP not updated but the links have updated themselves. I now have all the trainers (except all the grunts just quite yet) up until Route 118 edited, and made a start on getting more Wild Pokémon edited, so in a logical progression, all Wild Pokémon up until just before Fiery Path have been edited. Norman is about Level 50, whilst the last Gym leader is about 73. For thsi version, see Route 118 as the last place to go, past it, nothing has been edited.