Project Pokemon Creative/Artists Badge

Would you like Project Pokemon to add the "Creative Badge?" [Why or Why Not?]  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Project Pokemon to add the "Creative Badge?" [Why or Why Not?]

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

The idea has been circulating softly through the artists of this community. Some want to be given a Helpful Member's badge, for their creations of avatars and signature banners.

But here's what I'm suggesting. Maybe more than just the badge given for being a helpful member to the community, there should be a badge for the creativity of the individuals behind these projects.

But that doesn't just mean this badge would be given to anyone who posts a piece of artwork and calls it a day. No, this badge would be more of one of honor and dignity for the true artists, like any other badge given. For the artists here that work hard to impress and please those requesting these small pieces of art to treasure and call their own on these forums and around the community.

I've brought this up before,

Oh, oh! I've got it! There should be a Creative badge! For those who are deemed good writers and artists and whatnot. :]
But I think it deserves more than just that, it needs some healthy discussion.

So, what I guess I'm asking, suggesting, whatever this is...would it be possible for this badge to be instated? Should these hard-working people be given the credit they feel they deserve?

Here's a look at what the badge could be:

Smeargle_Badge-1.png Editted by yours truly. :]

I've talked to several people about it already, but it's time to see what you as a whole community think.

Yay or nay, Project Pokemon?

Edited by Okami

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually a badge looks like one of those gym leader badges... but whatever. Maybe a Smeargle might do :-/

You already know my opinion for this Okami...

kunaidude, telos, Illithian, Narwhal, Enkidu, bear831, Okami, that Japanese name guy, pokemonfan... that's quite a list of people. Compared to us Shoddy moderators... yeah, definitely...

Edited by wraith89

I'm actually not too sure. Badges so far seem to revolve exclusively to this site... Moderator, or a contributer to the site. A badge for people who create for others isn't directly related to the well-being of the site, so it's kind of odd. I can see it working if you contributed art to the site somehow... Like the themes... But just for giving things to members doesn't seem to add up with the current pattern.

I'm actually not too sure. Badges so far seem to revolve exclusively to this site... Moderator, or a contributer to the site. A badge for people who create for others isn't directly related to the well-being of the site, so it's kind of odd. I can see it working if you contributed art to the site somehow... Like the themes... But just for giving things to members doesn't seem to add up with the current pattern.

True it wouldn't follow the pattern...

Some want to be given a Helpful Member's badge, for their creations of avatars and signature banners.

But of course just giving the helpful members badge kind of would. They are being helpful afterall. Lots of people enjoy the avatars and signatures made for them. I love my drifloon sig and breloom sig which are courtesy of narwhal and bear831 plus my wonderful drifloon avatar made by okami. People always seem to love the work made for them and if they dont then the artists fix it to their liking.

They should get something for their hard work. (I'm not just saying that because I'm one of the artists)

I don't really see how this is necessary... and it'd open up the possibility for more frivolous "badges" down the line. I really don't want to see the day where everyone has 3+ and some people have 24, and nobody even cares what they mean anymore because there are too many.

If there is a badge made i think the only ones to deserve it at the moment are Narwhal and Illithian they started long before half of use and have made some great work.

also i thought Enkidu and jap guy were leaving?

Enkidu and... (we don't have japanese keyboards, you know!) "that japanese guy" deserve it too. After all, "that japanese guy" made Illithian's AMAZING sig. :wink:

True it wouldn't follow the pattern...

But of course just giving the helpful members badge kind of would. They are being helpful afterall. Lots of people enjoy the avatars and signatures made for them. I love my drifloon sig and breloom sig which are courtesy of narwhal and bear831 plus my wonderful drifloon avatar made by okami. People always seem to love the work made for them and if they dont then the artists fix it to their liking.

They should get something for their hard work. (I'm not just saying that because I'm one of the artists)

:frown:

pokemonfan! I made you that Breloom signature, not Narwhal!

And yea, I think that the badges are a great idea. Some users can't earn badges like Rate my Team, etc. because they're hard at work focused on their art for others. It would be nice for artists to get credit for the work they do, helping threads be more colorful and fun. No bias :)

:frown:

pokemonfan! I made you that Breloom signature, not Narwhal!

And yea, I think that the badges are a great idea. Some users can't earn badges like Rate my Team, etc. because they're hard at work focused on their art for others. It would be nice for artists to get credit for the work they do, helping threads be more colorful and fun. No bias :)

Oops sorry naru-chu must've had a mix up...hehe...I do love it you make breloom look so wonderful and your art is amazing!

I think yes, because even though I am not and never request them to do anything, they work hard at their art work for others. If it is made, that person must have made X amount of sigs/avatars/other things for other members to qualify.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

I can assist in making a list of those who deserve it.