Project Pokemon Creative/Artists Badge

Would you like Project Pokemon to add the "Creative Badge?" [Why or Why Not?]  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Project Pokemon to add the "Creative Badge?" [Why or Why Not?]

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in 100% agreeance with Greeny here.

Don't turn this into a huge debate, please, guys. It was never meant to be like that! Open discussion is fine, that's what this thread is here for, just don't abuse it ;)

We are artists, using our recreational talent with programs designed for artistic purposes (GIMP, Photoshop, etc.) to better the community.

Yes, the avatar artists have the badges created by myself, and the sig artists have their thread badges as well. As I see it, those are more primarily for entering the thread (for newer members especially, perhaps unsure where to go, we all remember those days...at least I do anyways)

The badge we are discussing is different from that. It's go a question swirling in my head, where would any of us be without art? Not just art per ce, but music, poetry (writing in general). Creativity and imagination. Without them at all, we wouldn't know any difference; because we DO know those things, it would be dull...black and white, if you will.

We are helpers, not in posts or rating teams like some. We are the artsy group, the group that everybody loves or just loves to hate. :] ...Think of that as in terms of Highschool cliques and stereotypes, it's totally true.

I'm in 100% agreeance with Greeny here.

I'm sorry, who's Greeny? (I will probebly slap my head when you reply)

Still no Admin comment...O_o...and i saw one viewing it and all.....

I'll give it another day or two, then I'll PM one and ask for a solid Yes or No to this.

Well, I'm an artist, and I really like it when I'm recognized with what I do. (You would know especially, Ooky ;D )

It's not like if you meet someone, they'll say "Oh, hey, btw, I'm an artist! 8D"

... But being recognized is a very good thing. ^^

Therefore, I support~!

just been skimming the thread and noticed that there were some mini arguments that people were discussing other then the direct thread topic

-apparently people like the idea enough to discuss the following

*who should get the badge

-what defines the people that will get the badge

*what the badge will look like

-other sprite edits too (I liked narwhal's version but...)

*username color changes

-whether that should even happen

-existing colors

i think those were the big ones and I'm thinking this should really be officialized by an admin or disclosed before any of that discussion starts spraying off.

@okami

-congrats! You got your friend to join...

====

I just saw chycorita's post and yay, he's still using my avatar. Lots of people have avatars that were made by the artists (and sigs) some of them even have stories behind them...

Like hottsushiz

he was so late for picking up his avatar he had 3 made originally then like 2-3 more (me forgets) and now he cant choose between mine and telos's so he just switches.

just been skimming the thread and noticed that there were some mini arguments that people were discussing other then the direct thread topic

-apparently people like the idea enough to discuss the following

*who should get the badge

-what defines the people that will get the badge

*what the badge will look like

-other sprite edits too (I liked narwhal's version but...)

whoops X(

sorry! it was just so natural for me to give my opinion.... i can't go with keeping my mouth shut on these kinds of things lol :D

We'll figure everything out, guys. The poll ends tomorrow, so we'll go from there. Most likely, I'd say we'll follow what Greencat and what other mods and admins have to say, since they're the ones running this joint! ;)