• Luck
    • None
    • Other (Please post why)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you believe in miracles and something seemingly unnatural happens, of course you're going to think it's another miracle. I haven't seen a single case in which an event couldn't be attributed to luck, but then the miracle-believers continue to call it a miracle.

I don't believe in miracles. I also disagree with the whole "what are the chances of a perfect Earth being created" argument because that isn't even an argument. If there's even the slightest possibility of something happening, given an infinite timespan, it will eventually have to happen.

Or maybe everything is pre-determined because everything that happens, including your brain activity and the thoughts/actions that follow, are all caused by chemicals and molecules reacting with each other...

• 2 weeks later...

hmm, in my own opinion, there are luck and miracles

luck defines events which has a slim chance of happening and is beneficial to the person referring to it as luck, also not expected by most people.

miracle on the other hand is just what you call extremely rare events that you don't expect to happen, what you call the impossible, and cannot be explained. if it can be explained, it's not gonna be called miracle.

imagine yourself living in the past, where there is no medicine, and your tribe suddenly caught a sickness you no one can heal, many of your tribesmen die, suddenly one of you develops a natural immunity to the sickness, what would you call that event? even if the sickness is just fever?

NOTE: while imagining this situation, also think that you do not know what fever is or what medicine is. in other word, your a primate.