Shiny³ Feature Request Thread

Hey there guys. I'll be working on updating my GTS system to a new version and would like to take this time to ask the public forum what kind of features they would be interested in seeing/using. Granted, the popularity of this has dropped some (I think), but I'm still open to coding in updates.

So, please, ask for anything you could possibly want to see.

Windows 8 + Windows Phone port with SkyDrive access.

Advanced statistics with logging to file (.csv), showing file distributed, to what game Gen, to what IP, at what time.

Advanced statistics with logging to file (image), that can be embedded in a website, that shows number of distributed Pokemon for each Gen, with date range.

Page to show list of currently distributed files, with potential information like movesets, IVs, etc, with potential ability to download individual .pkms (e.g. http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/distribution.xxx)

Distribute + Receive Mode.

BASIC information output (OT, ID, SID) to page for last received Pokemon with a timer that clears it, with potential download option. (e.g. http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/received.xxx)

Ability for users to vote for Pokemon. (I'm not sure how this works, see Vlad's GTS)

Detection for Local IP alongside Public.

Ability to specify a specific Pokemon for specific IP, potential for "promo code" redeeming features.

Button to create an exception/port for the .exe in Windows Firewall. (Done programmatically in C# as seen here)

Ban IP/IP Ranges.

Disable DNS Recursion.

Windows 8 + Windows Phone port with SkyDrive access.

Advanced statistics with logging to file (.csv), showing file distributed, to what game Gen, to what IP, at what time.

Advanced statistics with logging to file (image), that can be embedded in a website, that shows number of distributed Pokemon for each Gen, with date range.

Page to show list of currently distributed files, with potential information like movesets, IVs, etc, with potential ability to download individual .pkms (e.g. http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/distribution.xxx)

Distribute + Receive Mode.

BASIC information output (OT, ID, SID) to page for last received Pokemon with a timer that clears it, with potential download option. (e.g. http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/received.xxx)

Ability for users to vote for Pokemon. (I'm not sure how this works, see Vlad's GTS)

Detection for Local IP alongside Public.

Ability to specify a specific Pokemon for specific IP, potential for "promo code" redeeming features.

Button to create an exception/port for the .exe in Windows Firewall. (Done programmatically in C# as seen here)

Ban IP/IP Ranges.

Disable DNS Recursion.

1) CSV logging is no problem.

2) I'd need to see an example of this.

3) I don't know how to read a .pkm file properly (yet), it's coming though.

4) I don't like doing send+receive simultaneously. How do I know when to do either of them?

5) Last pokemon received by that IP address?

6) Why?

7) Possible, but again, why?

8) Not a problem.

9) see 8

10) What do you mean DNS Recursion?

1) CSV logging is no problem.

2) I'd need to see an example of this.

3) I don't know how to read a .pkm file properly (yet), it's coming though.

4) I don't like doing send+receive simultaneously. How do I know when to do either of them?

5) Last pokemon received by that IP address?

6) Why?

7) Possible, but again, why?

8) Not a problem.

9) see 8

10) What do you mean DNS Recursion?

2) Adding text to an existing image file, basically for hosting up-to-date server details, etc. Example in C# on SO here. Another guide here.

4) Always send a Pokemon, but do not reject if they upload a Pokemon after receiving one.

5) Yeah, the last Pokemon received by whatever IP will be shown to the user, I suppose?

6) [Not sure which point you're referring to] Detection for Local IP in case the user wants to simply distribute locally and not on the network, some would be more comfortable using their 192.168.x.x. [Or if you're referring to the point on voting] Just for fun, interactive stuff.

7) Same as the point on voting.

10) DNS Recursion allows a DNS Server to respond to all other DNS queries, so if I am using a GTS DNS and I don't change my DNS back I can browse the rest of the Internet since the DNS will continue responding to all requests. Disabling DNS Recursion makes it such that only specific queries will be allowed, everything else is rejected. So, only the .nintendowifi.net range will be responded to. To be honest I'm not sure if Shiny2 already does this.

2) Adding text to an existing image file, basically for hosting up-to-date server details, etc. Example in C# on SO here. Another guide here.

4) Always send a Pokemon, but do not reject if they upload a Pokemon after receiving one.

5) Yeah, the last Pokemon received by whatever IP will be shown to the user, I suppose?

6) [Not sure which point you're referring to] Detection for Local IP in case the user wants to simply distribute locally and not on the network, some would be more comfortable using their 192.168.x.x. [Or if you're referring to the point on voting] Just for fun, interactive stuff.

7) Same as the point on voting.

10) DNS Recursion allows a DNS Server to respond to all other DNS queries, so if I am using a GTS DNS and I don't change my DNS back I can browse the rest of the Internet since the DNS will continue responding to all requests. Disabling DNS Recursion makes it such that only specific queries will be allowed, everything else is rejected. So, only the .nintendowifi.net range will be responded to. To be honest I'm not sure if Shiny2 already does this.

2) I get how to add the text, just wondering how detailed/flexible you think it should be.

4) Easy enough. But what the heck do I [or should I] do with it?

5) Not an issue [if the DS is on the same address as their Desktop]

6) Local IP detection is not that big of a deal, but...eh, it shouldn't matter. I'll investigate it.

7) I have an idea how to implement the voting.

10) The functionality exists, I just had bugs in it so I think I just flat out disabled it.