If I extract/reinsert .narc via Nitro Explorer, should I ensure that its size doesn't increase?

xyzman

Apparently, there is Russian group of fans that aims to translate B2/W2 in Russian which I decided to join. One of their rules is to keep the overall size of text the same, so .narc files can be reinserted with no problems. Which is the problem because Russian words are about the same length as German ones.

The aim is to bring a/0/0/2 and a/0/0/3 to at least twice their original English size (because Cyrillic chars are 2 bytes each). So the question is - if those .narc files are being exported and imported via Nitro Explorer, does this tool fix offsets and checksums for me? How are the "files" referenced - by their "a/X/X/X" id or by start location? What are the steps to achieve this goal?

Thanks a lot! Now to translate that bunch of files...

And as for fonts, yes, we'll have to change a023 to add Cyrillic characters to all 4 fonts present there. It helps that a guy who is in charge of technical side of this project is already familiar with the basics of that.