Confirmed New Final Fantasy Hits DS

HottSushiz

Well most or some of you should know of Square Enix Mystery Countdown, well some website has spilled the beans, and the countdown's drawing is quite pointless now.

Square Enix's teaser game was identified in advance today via the expected source: leaked scans from a major Japanese publication. The offender this time is Weekly Jump, which managed to get the scoop on Hikari no Yon Senshi: Final Fantasy Gaiden, or Four Warriors of Light: Final Fantasy Gaiden ("Gaiden" means "Side Story" -- but we're not sure if there's a need to translate it).

Final Fantasy Gaiden is a DS RPG in which players take control of a 14-year-old boy tasked with saving a princess. The game kicks off on your birthday as you're summoned by a King whose daughter has been kidnapped by a witch.

The game appears to be a standard menu-driven RPG, with parties of up to four consisting of characters that you encounter along your journey. Of particular note in the battle system is the lack of MP and the presence of a "Charge" command next to standard fight and item commands.

There appears to be a customization element to the game as well. Equipment changes to your characters result in changes to physical appearance.

Without further ado, here's the links to prove all the nonsense i have just displayed.

>>> http://www.square-enix.co.jp/0706/ <<< <--- Mystery Countdown

>>> http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj18/Rpgmonkey01/ytb_0254.jpg <<< The Scan of the game

So post your response! :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow! i haven't checked the site in a while, they added a whole bunch of things, even seconds of gameplay, The game looks very interesting now, i like the art style, i hated the design of Final Fantasy 4. But this looks similar to Crystal Chronicles...... so YAY!