Editing Items and Abilities

arkeis

Is it possible to edit items and abilities? Not their descriptions, but the actual effects. Nothing major of course. Just changing a few numbers like increasing the accuracy boost of Wide Lens from 10% to 30% and things like that.

I figured there must be other people who are wondering the same thing.

I'm almost positive this isn't possible.

Plus this will pretty much defeat the purpose of the game as it'd be extremely over powered, (I.E, changing the percent focus band saves you or how much leftovers heals to prevent)

really? because this is wide lens in a/0/2/4:

14 00 5d 0a 00 00 0a 00 1f 00 00 00 00 01 00 91

byte 0x3 is 0xA for wide lens(10d) and is 0x14 for zoom lens(20d) and wide lens boosts by 10% and zoom lens boosts by 20%.

it seems kind of crazy for those percentages to be in an overlay.

really? because this is wide lens in a/0/2/4:

14 00 5d 0a 00 00 0a 00 1f 00 00 00 00 01 00 91

byte 0x3 is 0xA for wide lens(10d) and is 0x14 for zoom lens(20d) and wide lens boosts by 10% and zoom lens boosts by 20%.

it seems kind of crazy for those percentages to be in an overlay.

argh i not see that xD i think is just for potion only :3 since i just test that on potion/berry/tmhm, not see on item battle. ah thank you, since i not tested on the battle so idk xD i think is stored on overllay.

yeah, i'm pretty sure it's just for a few specific items that have hardcoded effect numbers, not just like 1 stage or something. if you look at items that affect stages(x accuracy, x defense, etc etc) it's a bit different. the stages thing is actually done via truncated division using a table in overlay 167.

Right. I was talking moreso about the potion effects like andi said, I guess since the OP mentioned HP recovery... my brain works in weird ways sometimes. Obviously I remember Drayano altering the Pink Scarf, but then again I don't remember him ever saying what all was entailed in that.

Has anyone ever successfully edited an Ability's effect in generation 4 or 5? I know generation 3 games have had them edited, but I was under the assumption no one had the know-how, or at least the drive to really dig deep and figure that one out. Because while I know there's been success in editing items to varying degrees, I've never heard of any with abilities. Then again, I haven't been hanging around the Pokecommunity emulation forum much at all, lately... hmm.

I guess that's also what I was thinking of. The topic of the thread is twofold, so I guess I lumped them together in my mind...

Man... an ability that reduced damage from Rock-type attacks in some way would be amazing...