ARDS ME *.duc / Raw *.sav converter [Major Bug Fixed on 7/9/09]

evandixon

[update 7/9/09]: Fixed Major Bug! If you downloaded this, Please Re-Download it!

I have written a small console app that converts *.duc files from an Action Replay Media Edition to the RAW *.sav file type and back, making the Action Replay Media Edition a device that although I loath, more compatible with PokeSave.

To use this, drop your *.sav file or *.duc file onto the executable.

[Edit]: I forgot to mention it, but this requires the .Net Framework.

If you experience any problems, feel free to contact me.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to contack me.

Planned Features:

-GUI

-State your own Game Name, Save Name, and Description.

-More hidden commands as this version has..

Changelog:

v1.2: Fixed a MAJOR bugs: now, dosn't remove first 4 bytes from save file, and now dosn't end with one "00" after many "FF"'s.

v1.1: Added more command-line arguments.

Launghing this via cmd: ARDSMEDUC-SAV-Converter.exe [o] [sa]

will open from [o], save to [sa], and resise to (WARNING: THIS PARAMETER IS STILL UNTESTED. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK...)

To Download: Right Click -> Save Target As...

ARDSMEDUC-SAV-Converter.exe

ARDSMEDUC-SAV-Converter.exe

Edited by evandixon

Also, I hope you share your knowledge with SCV, as PPSE could benefit from it. (The more file formats supported, the better, right?)

All this does is remove a certain amount of bytes (I don't remember how many) and adds them back. I plan on adding a feature to edit the header, or to specify what header is added.

Yoiu might be able to use the .Net Reflector to retrieve the source code, as I am too busy at the moment to post it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

evandixon, thank you very much for making this program it will be very helpful to me when I can actually get the duc files from my Action Replay DS Media Edition. I used backup from cart and tried to find a save file (duc) on the MicroSD card. I could not find a duc file. Do you know what is wrong? I tried to format the MicroSD card to FAT and tried FAT32. I still can't see my duc files in Windows. Any help on this is appreciated.

Hello,

evandixon, thank you very much for making this program it will be very helpful to me when I can actually get the duc files from my Action Replay DS Media Edition. I used backup from cart and tried to find a save file (duc) on the MicroSD card. I could not find a duc file. Do you know what is wrong? I tried to format the MicroSD card to FAT and tried FAT32. I still can't see my duc files in Windows. Any help on this is appreciated.

Can you see any other files (that are visible in the media player)? Can you see the directory DataMaxSaves?

Hello,

I am able to view the folder "DataMaxSaves", but unable to view folder. I use to get an error message saying the file or directory is corrupted when I tried to open the folder in Windows. After a lot of hassle and always getting corrupted data, I returned the MicroSD card and got a new one. Now at least I can view files sometimes. It is very strange because when I go to "Backup cart" in Action Replay DataMax sometimes the backup does not actually backup and save it actually deletes all my previous saves! And weirdess thing is that when I punch in a "game name", if I do just two digits like "af" or "kj" for game name and then do the same for "save name" it usually works, but not always. Like this morning, I tried to backup cart again and I even used the two digits which seems to work most of the time, but this time it deleted all my saves (As viewable in Action Replay DataMax on DS). When I put the MicroSD card into the computer it comes up sometimes saying "Do you want to scan and fix Secure Digital Storage Device" and so I press "Scan and fix" and choose "Automatically fix teh system errors". Then I go to DataMaxSaves and I can view files, but the files there are not the same as I use to have. I have weird filenames in there and cannot copy the file either because it says the "filename is too long". I really don't know what to do at this point because the Action Replay Media Edition seems unreliable, but maybe I am just doing something wrong. I will explain exactly what MicroSD card I have and the process I do to backup the cart, My MicroSD card use to be a PNY 2GB, but I returned that one. Now the card is a Kingston SDC/2GB and can be seen here http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=3083191. When I do a backup I put MicroSD card into slot on ARME then power on DS Lite. Then goto DataMax then Backup cart then for gamename I type in something like "xd" then for savename I type in something like "aw" and then I just leave the save description blank. Then I go to Manage saves to see if my data is corrupted, lol. :wink:

Hello,

Wow man, quick reply. When I put other files on it like in GAMES folder like it says in manual it use to work and was able to view files and play homebrew roms. I put all the roms from the cd that came with it on the MicroSD card, but the games are not loading anymore. The DataMaxSaves folder is so corrupted now or something that now everytime I try to Backup cart I get an error that says "An error has occured , please switch off the unit and turn it back on again!".

Hello,

Yes everything works good if I don't do a backup, it's when I backup the corruption comes. Also when I try to play a rom now in GAMES folder the whole unit just freezes.

Homebrew or Comercial?

Comercial ROMS are not supported.

Hello,

Now this MicroSD card is doing the same thing as the last card, I can't delete the folder DataMaxSaves because I get this error when I try to do so "An unexpected error is preventing the operation. Make a note... blah blah blah... Error 0x80070570. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." I take a great liking to ARME already and only have had this for three days now :smile:. I will try to reformat it anyways without deleting the folder. I have already tried emailing their tech support on the very first day I got it because of the corruption of the files, I still have not gotten a reply from them, so I am not sure how their tech support is as of now.

Hello,

Now this MicroSD card is doing the same thing as the last card, I can't delete the folder DataMaxSaves because I get this error when I try to do so "An unexpected error is preventing the operation. Make a note... blah blah blah... Error 0x80070570. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." I take a great liking to ARME already and only have had this for three days now :smile:. I will try to reformat it anyways without deleting the folder. I have already tried emailing their tech support on the very first day I got it because of the corruption of the files, I still have not gotten a reply from them, so I am not sure how their tech support is as of now.

Normally you will get a reply within 24 bussiness hours. It may be defective, because I find it unlikely that two MicroSD Cards of different Brands will BOTH be deffective.

Hello,

Yes I do think my product is defective or something because yes two MicroSD cards being defective is very unlikly. I was thinking of one possible solution, maybe if I reset the ARME firmware maybe it will work. How do you reset the ARME firmware and/or upgrade it?

Hello,

Yes I do think my product is defective or something because yes two MicroSD cards being defective is very unlikly. I was thinking of one possible solution, maybe if I reset the ARME firmware maybe it will work. How do you reset the ARME firmware and/or upgrade it?

First Off: What Version is it Now (Look in the AR Section)?