Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Speculation Thread

Alpha

Alright Project Pokemon, Generation VI is already on its way. It's going to be an interesting one, because the English Release will come out at the exact same time as the Japanese release.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on how things are going to end up going plotwise?

Thread-specific rule: Limit the unneeded posts. Since we are we trying to promote discussion, I ask that at least two reasonable sentences be used in the posts.

Any post deemed unreasonable will be deleted.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is seems have new eeveelution on pokemon X and Y. maybe it will have 800 pokemon xD

After i see trailer, battle gameplay is soo awesome, is more detailed on expression of pokemon get's attacked or attack other pokemon. i wondering about combination of move, is was on gen 5.

i hope is not have a lot DLC xD.

the reason why gen VI it will worldwide release, because 3DS is have region lock.

1. Backward Compatability

Because Pokemon X will be a cart (unlike 3d Radar)

Shifting pokemon is probably via DS Download.

2. .pkm files?

Given that the platform is no longer going to be DS, pokemon editing will be, you know, not easy.

3. Maps

Given that Pokemon BW and B2W2 has already broken the "map being in japan" tradition,

It's safe to say that it is definitely Paris (Eiffel Tower), at minimum based in Europe.

Venice and Italy anyone? :)

4. Direction

One of the probably more anticipated things is the change to 8 directions. As per trailer, doesn't look like it's happening.

5. Battle mode

As of now, it looks like the same turn based attack system.

6. As DNA splicer were key items in B2W2, how is the Kyurem Merger gonna work?

Will they phase it out like Spiky Ear Pichu.

My take is that it will be given out further in game, like the Spacetime Trio's item.

7. Will there be a Jump button like normal games? (Referencing the rope swing)

rope.jpg

The little foot symbols might make it automatic

Darn. No 8 directions, no jump. ARGH

---

1st point: Battle scenes shows Golurk/Kirlia VS Starter, in grassy background

1. In game starter battles besides Rival?

2. Wild starters (kind of breaks the pattern)

3. New Game mechanism allows Wifi battle outside Pokemon Center, in any map, taking the background of the location

2nd Point: I've haven't seen a single Name, Exp and Level HUD. Is it shifted to bottom screen?

3rd Point: Anyone think that Chespin looks like Oshawott?

4th Point: Seen rollerblading, running, haven't seen bicycles.

Is seems have new eeveelution on pokemon X and Y. maybe it will have 800 pokemon xD

Each previous generation has introduced no fewer than 100 new Pokémon, so I think it's safe to say we'll get to at least 749.

1. Backward Compatability

Because Pokemon X will be a cart (unlike 3d Radar)

Shifting pokemon is probably via DS Download.

You're probably right about how transfer will work, although it wouldn't surprise me if X and Y were released as downloads as well as carts (like some of the 3DS games have been already).

2. .pkm files?

Given that the platform is no longer going to be DS, pokemon editing will be, you know, not easy.

I bet it's either the same or extremely similar, unless they drastically change game mechanics. Don't forget, they still have some room to play with in the available data.

5. Battle mode

As of now, it looks like the same turn based attack system.

I'm sure it is.

1st point: Battle scenes shows Golurk/Kirlia VS Starter, in grassy background

1. In game starter battles besides Rival?

2. Wild starters (kind of breaks the pattern)

3. New Game mechanism allows Wifi battle outside Pokemon Center, in any map, taking the background of the location

I doubt it's any of those. Rather, they don't want to reveal additional new Pokémon yet, so they're showing off the starters in battle; it's simply for demonstration purposes.

2nd Point: I've haven't seen a single Name, Exp and Level HUD. Is it shifted to bottom screen?

Either that, or it's disabled for the purpose of this trailer.

3rd Point: Anyone think that Chespin looks like Oshawott?

not Dewott ? is seems similar with Dewott hehehe

because on trailer is just show pokemon is using a move, is like on BW and BW2.

Also, Pokemon #666 better be a Ghost-type.

better be a ??? type xD but is seems was remove on BW and BW2 xD

edit:hm i was thinking a while on pokemon starter gen 1 - 6 , is 4 feet or no have legs :

gen 1 : 4 feet is bulbasaur (final evo type : grass/poison) --> start!

gen 2 : 4 feet is chikorita (final evo type : grass) --> no remake

gen 3 : 2 feet but no have legs is Torchic (final evo type : fire/fighting) --> remake gen 1

gen 4 : 4 feet is Turtwig (final evo type : grass/ground) -->remake gen 2

gen 5 : 4 feet well is Tepig (final evo type : fire/fighthing) -->no remake

gen 6 : 4 feet fokko / fennekin (final evo type : fire/???) --> well it will remake older gen ? is seems gen 3 but maybe gen 4?

maybe 3 starter final evo type is :

- grass type it will be grass/ground or grass/dark.

- fire type it will pure fire type, or fire/pycs, maybe fire/fighting again since older generation most of them always pairing with fighting.

- water type it will pure water or water/fighting.

Edited by Andibad

Pokemon X and Y do seem to be a step upwards from B2W2. I am very excited for it.

Yveltal looks very interesting, and some of the type speculations look exciting. Dark/Psychic. I love that combination.

Also, Pokemon #666 better be a Ghost-type.

Yes. : D

Oh, and more eeveelutions! Yay! : D

Edited by Karzahni
That emote... D:

LOL, that's hilarious! I never noticed that error.

Seems to me that Trainer customization will definitely be in this time. As soon as I saw that mirror, I had a hunch about that, too. That's cool, since it seems like the default trainer models are very bland and boring... more so than any recent generations, anyway. The guy kinda reminds me of the beta Gen 2 hero; specifically, his hat and hair:

428px-MicroGroup_Game_Review_Volume_14.jpg

As far as HP and battle data displayed on the bottom screen... I think that'll be almost necessary, due to how chunky and detailed the 3D models are... the top screen is going to be packed with close-up views of those beautiful (we hope) Pokemon models. The HP and Exp bars would just get in the way of that. Even the battle backgrounds are interesting, like the Pokestar Studios backgrounds (whoever guessed that those were practice rounds for Gen 6 was a genius).

And honestly....... I really do hope that EVs are visible now. Join Avenue had half the shops dedicated to EVs, and all the official guide books now talk about EVs. The only thing they've yet to do officially is to list the numerical values given by each Pokemon... and list that gained EVs in-game. I think they've been slowly but surely leading up to a full reveal of EVs. IVs... pretty sure they'll never reveal those in-game. But EVs, since thy are player-controlled? Yeah, I hope so.

The Eeveelution movie short that's playing before the Genesect Movie is supposed to have a new Eeveelution in it. It makes sense. The Pikachu short before the first Pokemon movie had a bunch of new Pokemon it it to build hype (Marill, Donphan, Snubbull). Plus, I mean... who's going to go out to see the Genesect movie, otherwise? It looks boring already, and we've only seen a few seconds of footage. Compare to the Keldeo movie, which although it didn't really have any new Pokemon, still looked kind of interesting and exciting.

Seems like trainer customization could be pretty cool if they do it well

I'm really hoping for some new legendary mechanics. i'm gonna be pissed if i have to run around looking on the location to find some retarded fleeing guy

I'm also hoping that the new team will have some sort of non world domination via catching legendaries plan, but honestly that seems unlikely

More speculation! (baseless)

- Eeveelutions

- Sawk and Throh common descendant, and new Evolution (think of Tyrogue and Hitmontop, released one generation after Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan)

- The True Dragon (Kyurem+reshiram+zekrom; Certain Trio Masters of Pokemon that is Hinted at are generally released in the next Generation)

- The Final Trio of Xerneas and Yveltal is probably a Green Dragon: Traditional Color Schemes is RGB, including for 3D arrows (X, Y and Z). X is already blue and Y is already Red.

Though a green dragon will be lame (think Rayquaza)

- Skating might be a feature that replaces Running Shows; it will make sense that a character can run in ANY shoes, right?

- Audino Descendant/Evolution (think Chansey)

- a "Pikachu" of its own generation:

Gen I - Pikachu and Raichu

Gen II - Pichu

Gen III - Plusle and Minun

Gen IV - Pachirisu

Gen V - Emolga

Gen VI - ? I dunno, be creative and think of a cute rodent creature that is common in Europe.

- Shiny Genesect Event (for gen V), that will activate in game event in XY

- Carnivine and Maractus pre or post evolution (think tangela, though carnivine looks to big for them to want to evolve it)

- Alomomola and Luvdisc Common descendant

Those are the maximum possibilities I can think of now.

I think they had their chance to do something to tie Alomomola and Luvdisc together, and obviously they didn't. A baby Luvdisc would be so horribly weak.. and pointless... I mean, the two Pokemon's stats, move pools and even gender ratios are all different.

Think of it as a Butterfree and Beautifly thing. I think there's nothing wrong with reinventing an animal already interpreted if it can be done a new way... in that regard, Butterfree and Beautifly are a bit too similar, but at least looks-wise they differ greatly. Volcarona! The most awesome bug-type ever. I'm glad we got him, too. I have no problem with there being a bunch of frogs or moths or snakes or bears or whatever... because in real life, that's the variety we have!

I think they did that with Marill in Gen III because Azurill's a Normal type and has a different gender ratio than Marill. Well I've got nothing else at the moment.

Someone was making the case that the person in charge of programming Azurill's stats just copied Cleffa's stats and never changed them, since they match up. Since Azurill is such an anomaly, I think it makes sense that they just goofed up, like with Venomoth and Butterfree getting switched in gen 1.

Either way... Luvdisc prevo with joint evolution to Alomomola is just wishful thinking, imo. I think we have more of a chance for a new Eevee than that.

Sorry to double-post, but while browsing articles on Bulbapedia, I came across this little gem:

Personality Value

...Note that a separate bit governs whether a Pokémon has their normal Abilities or Hidden Abilities in Generation V; the personality value of a Pokémon is always set to have its first Ability in this case, so as to allow the inclusion of a second Hidden Ability in a future generation.

I guess this means the Dream World will remain relevant in Gen 6, or at the very least, Pokemon will be able to have up to 4 abilities... That's quite a lot! If this does happen, I honestly would hope for a method to switch abilities on your Pokemon, like Heart Scales for attacks. The LAST thing we need is for breeding to become even more complex and cumbersome...

- The Final Trio of Xerneas and Yveltal is probably a Green Dragon: Traditional Color Schemes is RGB, including for 3D arrows (X, Y and Z). X is already blue and Y is already Red.

Though a green dragon will be lame (think Rayquaza)

actually red, blue, green color is always used on 3D Editor as line color for x, y , z ...

i just think is will evolution on breeding system, stat of pokemon, and aspect of pokemon, just see on japanese logo of XY, is have Chromosome icon on n "ン" is seem blend from red, blue and green color. i think 3rd it will have white color...

i think similar pokemon like luvdisc and alomomola it will not on one line species, if we breed two of them it will breed new species with some percentage, maybe gamefreak will added "%" of success on breed with holding a item.

After i see trailer, battle gameplay is soo awesome, is more detailed on expression of pokemon get's attacked or attack other pokemon. i wondering about combination of move, is was on gen 5.

i hope is not have a lot DLC xD.

the reason why gen VI it will worldwide release, because 3DS is have region lock.

I agree with the reasoning of the region lock/ worldwide release. I find it ridiculous that there's now a region lock on the 3ds. So unnecessary.

I speculate that they will have a very indepth multiplayer battles/trading system this time around. I hope so at least

Any speculation as to the typing of Xerneas and Yveltal?

I'm predicting Xerneas to be Steel (legs especially look like swords) and maybe a secondary typing. I'm also predicting Xerneas to learn Horn Leech, and bust Sawsbuck's signature move.

Yveltal is obviously Flying, but what do you think the second type will be? Fire? Dark? Ghost?

Any new type combinations you'd like to see? I'd really like to see a Grass/Dragon. A Grass/Fire would be super interesting. Fire/Water could be a really neat concept as well. I wouldn't mind seeing a Grass/Ghost either. (I like Grass-types if you can't tell... :P )

the main problem for remake 3rd is that region is too small for containing all pokemon, also the platform. Pokemon games always started new generation for every new platform...

i just hope next pokemon XY is not just "remake", i just need "improved-remake" with big different, i just like idea about BW2...

For Xerneas, just see he/she horn, is have color and is just mysterious for now <.< i not try speculation any gen VI pokemon since is just little information about that. Just wait information from coro-coro magazine, and always pokemon games it will introduce new move signature/ ability for new legend. but for now i just wondering about Xerneas horn <.< maybe is XY it will introduce new type of pokemon? or just improved combination move/effect, battle effect if you put specific pokemon?

if we can dress pokemon with accessories on the battle,seal pokeball, or other it will awesome <.<

also i just wondering in trailer, on place with fire (maybe is EF or just gym leader?) just see on the floor of that map, is like chromosome color of japanese logo.

and last i just wondering about berry on XY. or something <.< . and also i hope XY is not like MD4 is have commercial DLC >.>