Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Speculation Thread

Alpha

Despite Pokemon not following logic closely, they do follow their in-game mechanics.

In trailers and demos, we clearly see the "mega-evolve" button and the animation for mega-evolution, for the current one we know of.

what I don't get is, why has no one thought to check the item mewtwo is holding on to!? (before triggering mega-evolution, in-battle summary).

It is possible, to have more than one kind of Mewtwonite.

Heck, they even made two items with the same name with different descriptions (Gene-Splicer),

and two items with the same name and description that you'll receive a different one based on scenario (dropped item: male or female due to character gender).

There's nothing stopping them from releasing a Mewtwonite exclusive to X and another exclusive to Y.

I want another Mewtwo forme, preferably without it's tail sticking out from the back of it's head.

Side note:

I seriously hope the mega stones can be traded.

I want to horde Blazikenites.

Side note 2:

If they have placeholders in game, they can actually add more Mega Pokemon through DLCs (hopefully not payable),

and like Mario Kart 7, usage of the latest 'patch' will be required for online play.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was an episode when a bunch of Exeggcutes evolved without the use of Leaf Stones... there's a lot of things where anime and game do not correlate, especially where Pikachu fries a bunch of Ground Pokemon effortlessly with Thundershock, but I won't get there...

I don't know why people keep thinking X and Y refer to chromosomes. We don't really know that, and I don't believe the game's main central focus is around Mewtwo. However, the greater possibility that Mewtwo is getting two forms is quite interesting. It may be like Deoxys from FRLG, where two different forms appeared on different games, and a third form was made in Emerald... who knows if they'll do something like that for Mewtwo when a third game (unless they do X2Y2 or something to further unresolve the Hegelian dialectics of these games)... it's quite exciting and I wonder what this new Mewtwo form is.

EDIT: I knew it. New Mewtwo is a physical attacker, I suppose, because it's Psychic/Fighting with ability Steadfast. Reminds me of Gallade .___.

corocoro9133.jpg

The two on the right are new fossil pokemon: The T-Rex is called Chigorasu and is a Rock/Dragon type with a new ability called "Hard Jaw" which increases the power of Biting moves like Crunch and the other one is a Diplodocus called Amarusu and is a Rock/Ice type with a new ability called Freeze Skin, turning normal type moves into Ice type moves and increases their power....

I'm excited for their evolutions.

There is a white dog called Torimian which is a Normal-type It has a new ability called Fure Coat which reduces Physical Damage. You can also customize its appearance

Finally, the Psychic-type cat called Nyaonikusu, which has male and female appearances. Male is on the right, Female is on the left. Movepool varies by gender. The male is more of a supporter while the female is more of an attacker with, female Nyaonikusu knowing Extrasensory and male knowing Miracle Eye. It has Keen Eye or Infiltrator

new-pokemon-corocoro-2.jpg

what I don't get is, why has no one thought to check the item mewtwo is holding on to!? (before triggering mega-evolution, in-battle summary).

Glad to see I wasn't the only one thinking this. It doesn't matter as much now since we know that you need a Mewtwonite X/Y, but it would still be nice to know if you're able to stack them.

I don't know why people keep thinking X and Y refer to chromosomes.

The reason why people believe X and Y refer to chromosomes is because on the Japanese boxart, you can see a DNA double helix below the title, which is the same DNA structure you see after a pokemon megaevolves.

Parting Shot, Geomancy, and Oblivion Wing on coro coro is listed as unknown type.... well ... i remember rumor about dual type moves.....

Like Geomancy Fairly / ??? :

- Fight/Dragon/Dark takes 2x damage <-- i believe is candidate because on move description it will have severe damage is like 8x damage!, but i not sure ....

- Fire/Poison/steel takes 1/2x damage <-- is more likely

Like Oblivion Wing Dark /???

- Ghost/Psychc takes 2x damage

- Fight/Dark/Fairly takes 1/2x damage

on trailer oblivion wing is super effective on salamence (dragon/flying), is possibility 2nd type is ice, rock or dragon or other?

O.o

• 1 month later...

I am still upset at the creativity of GameFreak...Anistar city is surrounded my sea/ocean. How the hell is it in the mountain region half of Kalos and at the same time be surrounded by water?! Aside from this and the "big" ammount pokemon, i am liking the game. I would like that Floette be an event poke as well as many more. Perhaps GameFreak will compensate for the situation right now.

• 2 weeks later...