Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Speculation Thread

Alpha

if this list proves to be true....I have to say that I'm excited. The descriptions of the pokemon are interesting to say the least.

What is weird are the types.

Poison/Steel, Dragon/Fairy, Fairy/Dark, Water/Fighting, Grass/Flying, Poison/Electric, Rock/Electric, Rock/Ice, Rock/Dragon, Fighting/Flying, Ice/Fighting, then of course, the Metal Legendary pokemon.

These types, like Mewtwo Ex says, would completely break the meta game. There would be too many types to try and counter, so many different combinations of moves to face, making it more unpredictable, which is great. I love it!

As for the Metal Legendaries....I don't think so. Maybe steel type, but not metal. Why introduce another type and give it only to Legends?

I'm so excited lol. Probably the most I've ever been for a Pokemon game.....October can't come fast enough!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit off track, but I noticed primarily, there's only been one mega evo for every Primary Type:

Psychic - Mewtwo

Fighting - Lucario

Normal - Kangaskhan

Electric - Ampharos

Dark - Absol

Steel - Mawile

Fire - Blaziken

(Yes, I am avoiding their Secondary typing, cause my premise is their Primary Type)

I know that they haven't revealed enough pokemon for this pattern to hold true,

Just speculating :)

But from nintendo direct is say different. starter of kanto, all of them have mega evolution (on 3rd stage), and i hope eeveelution will got mega-evo too <.<

I am somewhat bothered by online storage for various reasons... Now we will be forced to pay after January just so we can migrate from the past games... I have always wanted a mass transfer tool, but making it paid is a letdown. I'm not as cheap as i sound but this makes it pretty difficult to transfer the pkm data since pokemon died in 2003 in my country and we have no place to buy prepaid cards and such... Guess i will have to see how this works out, but so far i dislike the idea... Then again i am sure Pokecheck will be the opinion i pick, since i do use it regularly.

As for the Mega Kanto starters... I guess that confirms that every started gets a Mega Evolution. This is the feature of the new games that really excites me! I can imagine all the new strategies that will be developed with the new abilities when ''evolved''.... Makes my heart beat fast. :)

Totally possible with Pokecheck, an entire generation before X/Y :P

A native solution is still going to be the best choice for 90% of the user base (even among us hackers). Frankly the features that were unveiled makes most of the work I've done in the last 4+ years pointless.

The rumor'd $5 annual fee is a pretty penny, considering each user would have at most 1 MB of data to 'backup'

I see where you're coming from but it is less than $0.50 a month. I'm not gonna sweat it.

I'm pretty sure that's not the case, since they stated you could lose your game and log in with a new game to get your Pokémon back. The only restriction I can imagine them implementing is whether or not you can withdraw Pokémon from another game before you beat the main storyline.

As for hack detection, they started that with the VS recorder back in Platinum, and then they only restricted the use of hacks. I don't think they're going to start banning people from game services (well, except for tournaments).

I'm pretty sure that's not the case, since they stated you could lose your game and log in with a new game to get your Pokémon back.

I only read that on the main site after I posted. silly me ><

The only restriction I can imagine them implementing is whether or not you can withdraw Pokémon from another game before you beat the main storyline.

That would be troublesome. I wanted to use it as an alternative to trading or mass-restarting to hoard event Torchics w/ Blazikenite.

As for hack detection, they started that with the VS recorder back in Platinum, and then they only restricted the use of hacks. I don't think they're going to start banning people from game services (well, except for tournaments).

Well, as far as I can tell, their hack detection methods only have worked with really, really bad hacks, like illegal/recurring PIDs and attacks.

I'm just wondering if they developed any new strategy/method of detection ;)

The question was "how many boxes are in the game", meaning are we getting gimped in-game storage that merits the need for so much external storage.

To that I say: don't forget this is supposed to be a long-term service compatible with future titles. They need enough storage in there to assure you won't run out of space when you collect all 2,000 Pokémon available in Gen XII. I'm sure the games themselves will keep expanding storage options though, like in past generations.

Well I didn't exactly do the math, but you get the idea. The rosters will expand with every generation, and if they plan to keep the service going they need plenty of space. Besides, I personally don't mind extra storage, as I like to breed a bunch of Pokémon with good natures and moves.

Anyway, back on topic... who's that Pokémon?

BTUmzwyCIAEQzoZ.jpg:large

Well I didn't exactly do the math, but you get the idea. The rosters will expand with every generation, and if they plan to keep the service going they need plenty of space. Besides, I personally don't mind extra storage, as I like to breed a bunch of Pokémon with good natures and moves.

Anyway, back on topic... who's that Pokémon?

BTUmzwyCIAEQzoZ.jpg:large

I'm speculating that its a Lama/Lamia/Devil Goat and the ID will be 666 ;)

This is most likely fake, but this pastebin is talked about by some people at Smogon...

http://pastebin.com/C6761nic

Yeah, don't get your hopes up. It's only some pastebin posted by some yahoo (what in the world is "Metal" type? ... watch me eat my words when it's proven real). But whoever made this did put a great effort on it, as a lot of it is based off traditional French medieval folklore or mythology (such as the Cockatrice and the Knights), but so far, only Sylveon looks to be the Pokemon related to old Pokemon IN THIS PASTEBIN (don't take this pastebin list as real).

But do say it turns out real. How would you feel about this roster? Also new Butterfly is #666, sorry people. And if that burlesque Dragon becoming a small pixie fairy dragon at final roster is a new pseudolegend.. that's certainly a twist. If it is how it turns out, just imagine if the basic form was usable after all. Some nice concepts here if I do say so myself... if the real XY turns out anything like this. What do you all think?

Possible, but it doesn't say anywhere in this Pokédex anything about previous Pokémon. Pokémon like Rhydon and Roselia are confirmed to return, so I don't think this is very likely to be real. I doubt Fennekin starts off as a fire/psychic either - to the best of my knowledge every Starter has started off as a pure type (maybe Bulbasaur is an exception, I can't remember).

edit: Nope, Bulbasaur is Grass/Poison. My bad. Still, I don't see this as very likely to be real

Edited by Find__Tab
Research

Actually, it says Fennekin is just Fire, and it has been confirmed that Fennekin is pure Fire. Only Pokemon that started with dual type was Bulbasaur, as most Grass Pokemon of Gen I were partially Poison. I think it is only talking about Kalos Pokemon list, like in BW when it was released, and not what is in the game and what isn't. You know hidden secret legendary Pokemon don't even need to be seen nor caught to be registered as full Pokedex... and even so, this wasn't a list so one can decide it's real or not (it most likely isn't, but there's still the possibility that some or all of it can be true). It was to spark an interesting conversation about the possibility of the new X/Y Pokemon. After all, it is a speculation thread.

(For the record, I'm not quick to accept it as real, especially due to the inclusion of "METAL" type and the fact I cannot find anything that's too similar to the new Alpaca looking Pokemon that was revealed...)

Well i guess i claim bragging rights. I don't remember when, to who and how many times i said it but another Mewtwo form seems to be confirmed.

It will be cool, cause I felt that after looking at all the Megas, the Mega Mewtwo design is losing out.

As of now, I can't tell if its another Mega Mewtwo cause

1. The Image is blocked (no sh*t sherlock)

2. The "DNA" symbol replacing LV. looked pretty much the change (not that it matters)

3. MewtwoniteX and MewtwoniteY? xD

Reason why there might be another

1. existing rumour says so

2. she looks confused as f**k.

3. Why will they have to block something we already know? heh

They know only a part of the community know about a possible new mega form. I have learned that Japanese tv show hosts tend to be on the confused mind f____d side when it come to announcing events and surprises. So i am not that amazed she overreacts way too much.

Ok, time for logic.

From what i have read about the new ''Mewtwo'', it has the ability to transform into its new form without the bind from a trainer. I certainly didn't see it being attached to anyone in the Mewtwo special either. What's more leading me to think that Mewtwo's mega evolution is that ingame the professor says that the player can bring out Mewtwo's unlimited potential. However in the movie that is not the case. I know, i know that - Anime and games are not the same! - Indeed that is so, however they cannot negate all the ties between the two. Leading me to think that the new Mega form is the Mega Stone one, and that the current one we know is some other kind of item that is not yet revealed for this very reason. - A surprise for the players, fans.

Side note from me: I am terribly disappointed in the recent movie, and now i see proof of the expected by some 2-nd Mewtwo Form. I guess it will be in another movie in about 15 more years, or if it battles the rumored Mewtwo lookalikes from a certain list on the web. Or it could be the form for the Original Human Hating Team Rocker Dual Breasted No-horn-chested Mewtwo we all grew up with...