I started my new White 2 ROM and you won't belive this

Adoki

I picked Oshawott as a starter and it was a Shiny! No SR's no hack, just complete coincidence. But I have something concerning me that I don't have an answer for. To see Oshuwott's Secret Shiny ID just to amaze me I went to Route 19 and caught a Patrat (A normal Patrat) and I saved to check out what was the Patrats Secret ID to see how it would differ from my LEGIT shiny Oshawott's Secret ID. And the Shiny Oshawott and the Patrat had the same Secret ID??? HOW? I thought in order for a Pokemon to be shiny it had to have a different Secret ID different from if you were to catch or breed a normal Pokemon. But Oshuwatt seemed to have the same Secret ID as Patrat yet it was still shiny. Does it have something to do with Oshuwott being my started? Because now when I create Pokemon I may just make their trainer ID and secret ID the same as all the rest of the Pokemon caught normally on that Rom. And just delete the PID and let the game create one. Because I can't believe that a shiny Pokemon has a normal Secret ID (the same as one caught in the wild) and it is shiny. P.S. This is the first time I have ever obtained a shiny Pokemon in my life so I am pretty thrilled :)

Does someone have an answer as to how and why this phenomenon has happended.

Edited by Adoki
Missed conclusion question

The ID and Secret ID (SID) are your's, not your Pokemon's. All Pokemon that you catch on this save file will have the same ID and SID, even if they are shiny. Shinyness is determined by a combo of YOUR ID and SID, and the POKEMON's PID, so what you have is normal.

I hope this helped :)

Ah, thank you. That cleared a lot of things up. Since I have the "Generate Shiny ID" button underneath the ID/Secret ID field. I thought that the Pokemon needed to have a Shiny secret ID in order to be shiny along with the PID. But you say it's just a combination of my ID or my ID's AND the PID. So my new question is does the PID determine a Pokemon's Shiny state solely?

Ah, thank you. That cleared a lot of things up. Since I have the "Generate Shiny ID" button underneath the ID/Secret ID field. I thought that the Pokemon needed to have a Shiny secret ID in order to be shiny along with the PID. But you say it's just a combination of my ID or my ID's AND the PID. So my new question is does the PID determine a Pokemon's Shiny state solely?

No, it also determines your IV's, Nature, Gender, and Ability. It also determines the spots on a Spinda.

Lol, right right :D I knew that too. I was asking in regards to Shiny'ness. Thanks for the background info lol. You a very knowledgeable so thanks! :)

If I leave the PID blank. And make a 31 strait IV Pokemon w/ ability, nature, shiny/or not, gender as I wish. Will the PID number produced reflect a Legal 31 IV Pokemon with the rest of the specs? And I can pass it for a hatched RNG maniupulated PKMM or will the PID produced not match the IV's/ & RNG claim? :P Also can 2 Pokemon have the same PID? Thanks

Lol, right right :D I knew that too. I was asking in regards to Shiny'ness. Thanks for the background info lol. You a very knowledgeable so thanks! :)

If I leave the PID blank. And make a 31 strait IV Pokemon w/ ability, nature, shiny/or not, gender as I wish. Will the PID number produced reflect a Legal 31 IV Pokemon with the rest of the specs? And I can pass it for a hatched RNG maniupulated PKMM or will the PID produced not match the IV's/ & RNG claim? :P Also can 2 Pokemon have the same PID? Thanks

It should fill it out properly, but you may have to do it a couple times. And it also should be legal, as long as it is edited properly. As for the last question, I don't think 2 Pokemon can have the same PID, but I could be wrong on that.