How to create new legendary pokemons overworld

vchefe

Hi there, i'm new to the forum and to all the room hacking stuff. I'd like to now how do I add new overworld pokémons, like the legendaries already are in Pokémon BW Version 2. For example: When you fight Reshiram, you just talk to Reshiram's overworld sprite. I'd like to add more pokémons like this in other maps, lika an Lugia somewhere, and a Mewtwo somewhere.

And if anyone now someway to hex editing or any tool to edit the pokémon's evolution, I'm really nedding it. Thanks a lot.

narc locations: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?24589-B2W2-General-ROM-Info

Evolution Editing: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?17426-Pokemon-ROM-Changer

There isn't any info on how to edit overworlds but it's pretty easy. You just have to add in the string for a NPC at the end of the NPC list, and increase the header's NPC_count by 1.

I have no idea about editing npcs, i've learned to edit simple things like stats, moveset, grottos... but i can´t find a decent npc editing tutorial, do you have one?

Nah, I haven't dabbled in overworld editing. Drayano has added NPCs but we're not totally sure on what the overall structure is. Since I'm home on break I can't really give anything to help but I can tell you what I know:

If you open an overworld file (similar to a script file), it's essentially a list that tells the game what (and how much) to load when it comes to NPCs, objects, etc. There's a header at the top which contains a bunch of #'s similar to how Advance Map has a NPC counter and other counts. The game then loads the overworld occupants/objects depending on how many it is instructed to load. All one would have to do is add the desired hex string in the proper format and edit the header setting.

Identification and editing is similar to script editing. Use my zone data Lua script (B/W Lua scripts w/e) and it will tell you what overworld file is loaded in the game. You then extract the narc and open the overworld file that is used. For NPCs there's a certain structure (I think there's a thread on Moving Overworld NPCs) which has XZY coordinates, sprite, script assignment, and movement leashes.

Drayano could possibly have something to help, but when he made BBVW2 he didn't really document the exact structure afaik. Figuring out the structure wouldn't take too much time so long as you know how to look! :)

Thank you very much, i've successfully edited the overworld pokemons, now i'll try to create others. Ok, btw the PRC is not working for me, my room is a Pokémon Black (U),based on the replies on the post, i assume it's not working for english version... Do you know another way to edit the evolution??

Thank you very much, i've successfully edited the overworld pokemons, now i'll try to create others. Ok, btw the PRC is not working for me, my room is a Pokémon Black (U),based on the replies on the post, i assume it's not working for english version... Do you know another way to edit the evolution??

other method : hex editing

evolution is have 7 slot every slot need 6 byte (is have 3 part, type of method, method request, and evo into (pokemon id).

AAAA XXXX YYYY

AA AA– parameter evolve method (flipped)

XX XX – parameter value evolve method (flipped)

YY YY – evolve into pokemon id (flipped)

Eevee :

1# 1A000000D601
2# 1B000000D701
3# 080053008700
4# 080054008600
5# 080052008800
6# 02000000C400
7# 03000000C500

Parameter evolve method :

0,None (XX XX = none , YY YY none, AA AA = none)
1,Happiness  (XX XX = none)
2,Happiness with Time (Morning/noon) (XX XX = none)
3,Happiness with Time (Night) (XX XX = none)
4,Level Up (XX XX = level)
5,Trade (XX XX = none)
6,Trade with Held Item (XX XX = item)
7,Trade for opposite Escavalier / Accelgor (XX XX = none)
8,Hold Item (XX XX = item)
9,Level Up (Attack > Defense) (XX XX = none)
10,Level Up (Attack = Defense) (XX XX = none)
11,Level Up (Attack < Defense) (XX XX = none)
12,Level Up (Personality < 5 into Silcoon) (XX XX = none)
13,Level Up (Personality > 5 into Cascoon) (XX XX = none)
14,Level Up (Ninjask) (XX XX = none)
15,Level Up (Shedinja) (XX XX = none)
16,Level Up (Beauty) (XX XX = none)
17,Hold Item (Male) (XX XX = item)
18,Hold Item (Female) (XX XX = item)
19,Hold Item (Day time) (XX XX = item)
20,Hold Item (Night time) (XX XX = item)
21,Level Up with move (XX XX = moves)
22,Level up with pokemon (XX XX = pokemon id)
23,Level Up (Male into Mothim) (XX XX = lv)
24,Level Up (Female into Wormadam) (XX XX = lv)
25,Level Up in Chargestone Cave (XX XX = none)
26,Level Up in Pinwheel Forest (XX XX = none)
27,Level Up in Twist Mountain Basement (XX XX = none)

none= better fill 00 00

You can using tools made by pedro, but he was discontinued his tools, so don't reply anything on his thread about bugs or something.

mirror : http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/utilities/download-pokemon-5th-generation-evolution-editor-21-f24439.html

in PRC is need static offset for each narc data container (not include narc header), actually is no needed to re-compile, just small modification of code, just read from file so no need re-compile hehehehe

Edited by Andibad

Thank you Andibad!!! BTW I'm currently using your tools, and I really think they're the best available, could you tell me in what language do you make them, or provide me some source code via e-mail just in case i try creating something, i have no idea about how to edit hex values via programming. Email: vchefe@live.com