Pokemon Blitz Black 2 and Lava White 2

OrrominGnome here, I have an idea for a Pokemon B2W2 mod. I don't have a lot of ROM modifying experience, but that's where you come in. Good luck.

Expected Features:

Pokemon

-All 649 should be available in some way.

-Some Pokémon will be of a different type than officially.

-Pokemon will have Version Exclusive Abilities, making up to 5 abilities per Pokémon. Hidden abilities should not be edited.

-Since Trading is not possible on an emulator, all trade evolutions must go.

Misc

-You should start out with the National Dex (i.e. get it from Bianca).

-Gym Leaders and the Elite Four will have Version Exclusive Rosters.

-Gym Leaders will have 5 Pokémon in Normal Mode, but 6 Pokemon in Challenge Mode. Cheren is an

exception to this rule, with only 4 Pokémon in Normal Mode, with no version differences.

-Elite Four members all have 6 Pokémon in both Normal and Challenge Mode.

-TMs and HMs are the same, but we should find a way to edit move tutors to add more of them. 88 Moves should be available via Move Tutor (4 move tutors, 22 moves each).

Google hates me! For information, look here at your own risk. More aspects coming soon.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap5pc87LRol6dHhIY0g1N3lFU0xJQm1oTVg1T1JTTXc

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rfH9QQ5-4q8INR25mgf3qVz3NkmMROVlJge15MkR4Iw/edit

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15_dXZIqT3FxQJR2821IJh5xDiUPoP66aN1wSh_cyxsw/edit

https://docs.google.com/document/d/120-vGdOar6HNLHLqw1N4mQNwrdTeBRmfXn67irs1YoA/edit

You can submit your miscellaneous ideas for Pokemon Blitz Black 2 and Pokemon Lava White 2 on this document:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1se1Mz_ug9YhZMriF4gRL8MAEhy2wyPxYLTrVG7RQcHY/edit

Since this stupid attachments manager is refusing to upload the patch, and Google Drive hates me, you NEED to download it here:

http://www66.zippyshare.com/v/99670/file.html

Sorry if I haven't been working here for a while, but I am planning on a catchathon project coming this May. Just leave some ideas by my doorstep (via PM)

Edited by OrrominGnome

Availability: Change Encounters and Hidden Hollow tables to allow so. A few programs on our forum can do this.

Version Abilities: Change the personal stats with an editor like Pokemon ROM Changer.

Evolution: Edit evolution methods (again, Pokemon ROM Changer works)

To start off with the National Dex, add this to an NPC's script at the start of the game.

01C6 EnableNationalDex

Drayano did this with his "Unlocker" guy who gives you the keys.

Edit the Trainers / Challenge Trainers.

Move tutors: Technically possible since the Pokemon stats doesn't use all the tutor bits, however nobody knows how to edit the moves they tutor in the first place.

...what? You posted on a public forum?

I'm just saying that your project seems like a different version of what I'm doing. I'm not saying that to get you to stop what you're doing -- no doubt we have different visions on things. I'm just making an observation that you and I seem to have similar goals.

Maybe we could work together?

I'm not trying to scare you... You asked, "How did you find me?" And I answered, in confusion, that "you posted in a public forum." In other words, how could I not find this thread? It's right above mine, haha. That's all.

We don't have to work together if you don't want to. It was just a suggestion. But I think it could be cool.

Hi Orromin, I received your PM and although I'm not very good at doing any of the actual editing, but I have played quite a few hacks and I'd like to offer a few ideas and ask a few questions. I'm also willing to serve as a sounding board from the players' point of view, to sort out balance. (I've beaten both SacredGold and BlazeBlack, so I'm not worried about increased difficulty, I -loved- the increased difficulty in those hacks, but BlazeBlack in particular did have some moments of extreme frustration.)

My apologies for putting everything into this thread, but your google docs Mailbox doesn't like me... (my computer is also a piece of crap. >.<)

First of all, I'm not entirely sure about the version specific abilities. It just seems unnecessarily complicated. Hidden abilities, perhaps you could edit some mons so they have different/better ones.

Re Pokemon typing changes, what are you thinking? Also, are you going to be changing Pokemon's movepools? (If so, please give Flareon and Entei Flare Blitz.)

I'm assuming you're editing Pokemon available on the routes, so that firstly begs the question of how you intend to include the other legendaries from previous generations. Of the two hacks I've played, SacredGold did this better by far, adding a series of in-game events-- Blazeblack gave them a 1% encounter rate in certain areas. It was certainly more "fair", but a lot more frustrating and didn't feel as good from a player's point of view. Secondly, I do hope you plan to increase the different species available in the early game. For instance, in my normal Black 2 run, I chose Emboar and ended up having to rely on the Psyduck line for ENTIRELY too long until I got fed up and traded for a Lanturn. This could be fixed by giving players the Super Rod early on, so they can pick up what they want.

... And now that I've slammed you with a wall of text, I'll wait for your response >.>

Sorry to interrupt, but I am releasing a prelaunch of Pokemon Lava White 2 for you to alpha test. Not much is changed other than some scripts. Click on Rattata to download the xdelta patch.

[HGSSSPRITE]019[/HGSSSPRITE]

You should get the Fishing Rod in the Aspertia Gate and the Shiny Charm in the Virbank Gate. If the game freezes, sorry... I'll see if I can fix that.

And BTW, I'll see what I can do for the legendary Pokémon Events. I'm gonna need some scripting assistance for the events.

This might take expert coding, but I'm planning on doing an event for Floccesy Town on recieving a Starter Pokemon varying on Season and what Starters were chosen at the beginning of the game. In Spring, you will get a Kanto Starter, In Summer, Johto Starter, In Autumn, Hoenn Starter, and in Winter, Sinnoh Starter.

Therefore for example, if it is Spring and you chose Oshawott from Bianca, you recieve Charmander, In Summer with Snivy chosen, you get Totodile, in Winter with Tepig chosen, you get Turtwig, and so on.

You could simply make them interactable Pokemon? I'm not sure how to do that, though.

That starter event sounds... Forced, to be honest. Because I'd rather pick my favorite of the starters than be forced to take whatever is pre-set. Perhaps make it so that every season has one region's starters available to choose from? And you can later choose from the starters that you didn't pick. BlazeBlack and SacredGold allowed you to either capture or be given all the starters, which I really enjoyed.

Exactly, you read my mind, MK. You deserve the Lava White 2 patch. Click on Rattata.

EDIT: Wild Data for Routes 19 and Floccesy Ranch, though not Documented yet...

In addition to the Floccessy Town Second Starter Event, you can get the rest of the starters through 12 NPCs around the Unova Region. For example, Bulbasaur is given to you by an NPC in Castelia Sewers.

You may ask "12? What about the Unova Starters?" No worries. In Accumula Town, there will be an NPC who will give you the Unova Starters you did not choose from the Beginning. For example, if you chose Snivy, the NPC in Accumula Town will give you Tepig and Oshawott.

What's going on? What's going on is Static! I have confirmed that Pichu, Pikachu, and Raichu will have the primary Ability "Static" in both versions. However, there are more Pokemon, and most have version exclusive Abilities, totaling up to 5 per species. The Pikachu line is an exception. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap5pc87LRol6dHhIY0g1N3lFU0xJQm1oTVg1T1JTTXc

BTW, if a Pokémon's moveset exceeds 24 moves, will it not be able to learn the 25th move and onward, or does it work as normal, even with 26 or more moves? I am confused...

Edited by OrrominGnome

Sorry, but I need to double post to bump this thread. Please refrain from giving off an infraction for double posting!

I pretty much jumped the Sharpedo in ideas for this mod. More updates have been added.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap5pc87LRol6dHhIY0g1N3lFU0xJQm1oTVg1T1JTTXc

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rfH9QQ5-4q8INR25mgf3qVz3NkmMROVlJge15MkR4Iw/edit

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15_dXZIqT3FxQJR2821IJh5xDiUPoP66aN1wSh_cyxsw/edit

BTW, from request Cheren will have a Skitty or a Buneary depending on what version you are playing, though it is uncertain which version he gets which Pokémon? I'm not sure what 6th pokemon to give him in each version... Check his roster in the Gym Rosters Document.

And click on that dirty rat to download the newest patch.

Edited by OrrominGnome

Might I pitch in with an idea? Why not make it so that some Legendaries (like, maybe Ho-Oh and Lugia) are version exclusives, and given to the player by an NPC (Like, instead of Benga giving you a shiny Gible or Dratini for beating Black Tower/White Treehollow, I's just a normal Lugia or Ho-Oh), and others (Like Celibi or Jirachi) are wild encounters (I personally never liked the empty space at the top of celestial tower, it could be a good spot). Just some simple ideas. Good luck with the mod, anyways :)

EDIT: Now that I think about it, for trade evolutions, just make it so that the pokemon will level up when holding Plates that match their type (like Haunter to Gengar when holding a Spooky Plate, and Machoke to Machamp when holding the Fist Plate). Again, it's just an idea.

Edited by krskull
Thought of some more stuff.

Excelent work, and in fact, every single gym roster is on the document, however, lots of blank spaces hord the document. Cheren's team is the only one to have data. I've recieve an idea about him having a Skitty or Buneary, depending on the version, however, not sure which one or the other... Could you please help?

Oh, and for trade evolutions, I think I can figure it out. You'll be suprised on what Evolution methods Kadabra, Machoke, Graveler, Haunter, Gigalith, and Conkeldurr will recieve. As for the rest, I'd have them Level up with their respective trade items. (No Plate evolutions, I reject that idea.)

Not to mention you can't trade on an emulator, therefore, no version exclusives. Speaking of which, how are you gonna get Slugma and Magcargo in Pokemon Blitz Black 2 without trading from Lava White 2?

BTW, to the first post for the patch for Lava White 2.

Edit: Pre-alpha 4 is now up. It includes type changes. Hippopotas, Hippowdon, and Zangoose have new abilities. I'll need help on the other version exclusive abilities.

Edited by OrrominGnome

Perhaps you could put in an in-game trade for Slugma?

I'm not sure I like the idea of version exclusive legends, perhaps they could be prizes given by an NPC for defeating the PWT's tourneys a certain number of times? Other "pixie" legends (Jirachi, Celebi etc) could be programmed as either interactable or like the Azelf/Mesprit/Uxie event in BW2.

That's right, no fakemon. That would be near impossible.

Also, I made the decission to have Slugma available for an in-game trade. It will be on Route 4. I'm not sure if this should be in both versions, but I do know that Blitz Black 2 will trade a Slugma for your Cottonee. However, on Lava White 2, It's a different trade here, as you require a Petilil to trade to the Trainer. Is it also a Slugma like in Blitz Black 2, or is it something else, maybe a Water-type...

To avoid spamming, to the first post for the patch.

Well then, it has to be some sort of Water-type Pokemon, but which one? Pokémon available via swarm are no-go, so no Wooper or Slowpoke, I cannot edit them out swarms (Quagsire on Wooper's case.) So apparently, You made the decision that Slugma and Magcargo are Lava White 2 exclusive, but you can in-game trade for one in Blitz Black 2. This makes the only version exclusives the Slugma line, and the suggested Water Pokemon line, however, there is an in-game trade for the other in the other version.

If you want to try out the game so far, go to the first post.

you could use my idea for the starters to be given by yancy and curtis instead and just redistribute the other pokémon around grottos or on the wild, you can find the post in here; http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?27052-Hex-Editing-Ingame-Trades-BW2-!&p=158182#post158182 as for pokémon locations try always to include pokémon inside a senseful or logic habitat, you can follow this list for reference; http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Habitat to correctly place each pokémon. On the abilities i agree with lady mirr that is tedious and doesnt help in the sense of having everything in the same rom, as for abilities and pokémon improvement you can check my ashinyngray project in my signature, since this is open for anyone who wants to use it, just remember to give credit that´s all... n_n

Edited by wyndamn

Update! Pre-Alpha 5 of Lava White 2 is out now. Go to the first post to obtain the patch.

Also, the in-game trade document is open for business. Check it out.

Only 25 of the 28 in-game trades are confirmed, (techinically 31 trades, but the other 3 are top secret).

The in-game trade on Route 4 in Lava White 2 should, by suggestion, be a Water-type Pokémon that is otherwise exclusive to Blitz Black 2. I'm not sure what trade should be done in Humilau City. Got any suggestions?

Yeah, and the dropped item subquest trades will be the 15 starter Pokemon, even the Unova starters (3 exclusive to each character, the other 9 are readily available.)