Making a Colosseum/ XD poke legal

megafan20

Pretty sure this is the right place to ask this question, but if it's not, please move it

Due to me not having any Gen III cartridges any more, I'm not able to get my legit Pokemon from Colosseum and xD to my B2 and W2 cartridges (I miss using my 31/2/19/31/28/31 Modest Tri Attack Togetic:(). Can some one tell me how to make Legal Colosseum/ xD pokes on Pokegen with B2/W2 as the target games?

I'm not sure if this has been addressed or not - if it has, will some one link me?

There's no way to truly RNG on the GameCube without using an emulator; knowledge of the PIDIV algorithm didn't come about until a year ago. PokeGen (and Pokesav) don't have a way of generating a PIDIV for the GC games. So you can't really make them with PokeGen.

You're best off just finding a legal one that's public online over at Pokecheck. When I was figuring out how everything got generated I did manage to get a pentaflawless Timid Togepi which you can download a PKM of, also at Pokecheck. If you want a flawless legal modest PIDIV, I guess I can give it to you if you ask by PM.

As an aside, the spread you listed isn't even legal for an XD/Colo Pokemon :P The PIDIV method is loose enough such that pretty much any spread is legal for battling with friends; however explaining complete legality kinda goes against our policy for cheating.

are you sure he means the GC-Pokes? Maybe he transfered the mons fom Ruby/Saphire or Emerald to XD/colloseum to play with them on the Cube.....if it is so, then the GBA Mons should be easyly rebuild using a PokeGen and set the target game to Pearl/Platinum (as of the Pal Park - the place where all G3 mons can be obtained! ;)) then use Pokeshifter to shift them to Gen5 legal pkm files and then upload it here: http://pokegts.us/5thGen_Selector.aspx and have 6 mons with you (don´t worry the mon will be saved in box after the Fake GTS took place)!

There's no way to truly RNG on the GameCube without using an emulator; knowledge of the PIDIV algorithm didn't come about until a year ago. PokeGen (and Pokesav) don't have a way of generating a PIDIV for the GC games. So you can't really make them with PokeGen.

You're best off just finding a legal one that's public online over at Pokecheck. When I was figuring out how everything got generated I did manage to get a pentaflawless Timid Togepi which you can download a PKM of, also at Pokecheck. If you want a flawless legal modest PIDIV, I guess I can give it to you if you ask by PM.

Thank you for that info. I'll just hop on over to Pokecheck.

As an aside, the spread you listed isn't even legal for an XD/Colo Pokemon :P The PIDIV method is loose enough such that pretty much any spread is legal for battling with friends; however explaining complete legality kinda goes against our policy for cheating.

Why isn't the spread legal? I thought legit pokes were legal by default. Cause it was legitimately caught (though I believe it was an in-game gift from an NPC, but that's besides the point) in xD and transferred it to my Pearl cartridge (which like an idiot I sold) and was never altered via external programs or devices - wouldn't that make it the definition of a legit poke? Or can you never receive a Poke with stats like that in XD/Colo due to game programing?

Why isn't the spread legal? I thought legit pokes were legal by default. Cause it was legitimately caught (though I believe it was an in-game gift from an NPC, but that's besides the point) in xD and transferred it to my Pearl cartridge (which like an idiot I sold) and was never altered via external programs or devices - wouldn't that make it the definition of a legit poke?

You probably didn't remember the exact IV spread, I checked to see if that IV combination was possible for Modest and it wasn't...

The Gamecubes just used a different LCRNG for generating PIDIVs; they are as diverse as Method 1 spreads (ABCD), just another set.

You probably didn't remember the exact IV spread, I checked to see if that IV combination was possible for Modest and it wasn't...

Point to Kaphotics. Okay, I'll give you that, it HAS been a long time since I've used Hax - yup, that's his name - and I only remember his perfect stats (HP, Sp. Atk , and Spd) clearly; everything else but Atk (Why would a /togekiss need Atk?) was decent. With Hax having Serene Grace comboed with Tri Attack, Air Slash, and Ancient Power I saw more than a few rage quits if Hax and I got lucky *evil grin*

Anyway thanks Kaphotics for helping me solve my problem.