I hate hacking, give me advice

cu67

I get a lot of pleasure from training pokemon and reading their summaries and knowing that I raised that pokemon. But there's a limit, I hate and can't stand breeding for good 'mons. It's too strenuous a process for me, EV training is doable but breeding for IV's is HARD. Don't even mention using the RNG abuse method, iv'e tried and consider it too complicated for me to do, my timing is always off so it's not for me. So, I just hack. For some it's normal but I find it hard to get pleasure from hacked 'mons. I want to find solutions so I can continue hacking but not to an extent where it's too 'fake' of a 'mon for me.

All suggestions are welcome. I've been thinking about hacking perfect Ditto, one for each nature and making them hold everstone so I can breed and settle for the IV's I get. I think it would help, what do you think of my plan?

• 4 weeks later...

I spend my life SLAVING away at breeding to get my perfect Pokémon. Sadly, that's the only "legit" way. There's all sorts of hacks to "create legit Pokémon", but to me it's all hacking. I mean, you could always get a Nature Modifier code so that once you find one with amazing IVs you can just change the nature to the one you need. Or you can get IV modifiers and modify the IVs but either way you're looking at a lot of hacking or a lot of breeding. =/

• 2 weeks later...

There actually is a legal method that is much easier than blind breeding. it's called RNG (Random Number Generator) abuse. You don't alter your game in any way and the pokemon are allowed in official tournaments. Since the only thing you are doing is changing your DS' clock, the pokemon are generated by the game like normal. All RNG abuse does is predict when the pokemon you want will appear so all you have to do is activate the right in-game circumstances. For more info, check out this thread by the programer of the predicting programs: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83057.

Once you get the right program, these threads have instructions on how to RNG abuse on 5th gen (it takes a week or two to learn, but it's worth it): http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?groupid=2000

You should also keep in mind that the game is unfriendly towards breeding involving Pokemon only with the same game's ID.

You could always get a Nature Modifier code so that once you find one with amazing IVs you can just change the nature to the one you need. Or you can get IV modifiers and modify the IVs but either way you're looking at a lot of hacking or a lot of breeding. =/

Whatever you do, do not take this approach. If you are going to push your luck mark your IV's as opposed to Nature.

RNG abuse on 5th gen

RNG Abuse on B2/W2 is really hard. Additionally, breeding on B2/W2 is impossible. For now, if you are limited to B2/W2, Everstone + 31 IV's on all parents is the best approach for natural game perfection.

If you hate hacking, then...don't do it. I would hope anyone who hacks, as in actually hacks their game and generates Pokemon digitally via AR/Pokesav/PokeGen, would be polite enough to disclose that before battling.

But then again, I think some of the "omg!!!! hacking!!!" crowd seriously overestimates how much it helps. Most Pokemon only have 1-3 stats even worth using, and most individual Pokemon sets typically only focus on 1-3 stats for EV investment. It doesn't matter what Snorlax's Sp Atk IV is because he isn't using it. Same thing with Weavile's DEF IV.

A couple IV points is an advantage, but it is not an insurmountable barrier. Strategy is always going to play more of a role.

IMO, most people who say RNG is hacking and just overall complain about mechanics such as IVs probably aren't good at strategic battling and that's why they're losing and thus complaining.

And hey, most battles take place on simulators anyway. That gives everyone absolute equal footing in terms of what is "available".

RNG Abuse on B2/W2 is really hard. Additionally, breeding on B2/W2 is impossible. For now, if you are limited to B2/W2, Everstone + 31 IV's on all parents is the best approach for natural game perfection.

RNG abuse on retail FRLG is really hard. RNG abuse on BW2 is just mildly annoying.

Wrong. RNG *is* cheating as you basically disable the luck factor which as we know is an essential part of Pokemon.

Just because true randomness does not exist in information technology this doesn't mean it's okay to eliminate the algorithm that determines your luck. Do that at a real slot machine (similar type of RNG) and you'll be in jail in no time.

Plus, if there was no piracy and no ROMs out there, there would be no RNG abuse.

And no I'm not saying that because I suck at battling, which I don't (made it top 8 in the nationals in 2011).

Wrong. RNG *is* cheating as you basically disable the luck factor which as we know is an essential part of Pokemon.

Just because true randomness does not exist in information technology this doesn't mean it's okay to eliminate the algorithm that determines your luck. Do that at a real slot machine (similar type of RNG) and you'll be in jail in no time.

Plus, if there was no piracy and no ROMs out there, there would be no RNG abuse.

And no I'm not saying that because I suck at battling, which I don't (made it top 8 in the nationals in 2011).

Oh shut up, that argument is bullshit. Any RNG abuse can be done on a retail cart. And without piracy/roms, a ton of in-game mechanics would be unknown.

I spend my life SLAVING away at breeding to get my perfect Pokémon. Sadly, that's the only "legit" way. There's all sorts of hacks to "create legit Pokémon", but to me it's all hacking. I mean, you could always get a Nature Modifier code so that once you find one with amazing IVs you can just change the nature to the one you need. Or you can get IV modifiers and modify the IVs but either way you're looking at a lot of hacking or a lot of breeding. =/

"A man RNG, a slave breeds for days..."

Shit you said you were "slaving away" yourself.

Also RNG abuse is allowed at official VGC tournaments while hacking is not. So go stuff it RNG haters because there's nothing you can do about it. "OH NO SOMEONE IS GETTING THE GAME TO GIVE THEM SOMETHING ENTIRELY POSSIBLE UNDER THE RIGHT CIRCUMSTANCES BUT SOMEHOW IT'S CHEATING BECAUSE PEOPLE CAN CONTROL IT".

Oh yes, explain how being "good in battle" justifies your opinion regarding game mechanics. I would REALLY love to see how you could possibly explain it.

In any case, it's a good solution for the OP specifically - it requires a fair amount of skill and effort unlike hacking (whether it's cheating is somewhat subjective, but it's objectively not hacking), but it doesn't take forever or give you inferior Pokémon like "random" breeding.

OP, I think if you take the time and effort to learn RNG properly (timing isn't really an issue in Gen 5 unless you somehow are off by more than a second), you'll realize that it's really not as hard as it seems. Otherwise, there really isn't any other option. Breeding will always take forever and hacking will always be hacking.

I didn't feel like that info was needed here since it was stated already in the RNG guides. In any case, yes. B2/W2 RNG is harder than in B1/W1 due to a multitude of timer 0 values among various other trolling elements. Breeding in B2/W2 is broken due to irregular seeding for eggs that cannot be predicted.