Join Avenue Customization & Editing

Kaphotics

Can someone maybe explain how to create a code from this information? I'm kind of a noob with this, I don't know how to actually create action replay codes from this information. I want to change the sprites of the people in the stands and assistants.

EDIT: Also, I tried doing this with PikaEdit, but you can only use the first 255 sprites there, and most of what I want are higher in the sprite sheet, how does it work with the codes? Can you make codes for beyong the initial 255 sprites?

Edited by Drohn

You can't go above 255 with sprites.

0x2A - Occupant Sprite (overworld) In general, via this sheet order.

occupant stats

0x2C - Restriction for Recruitment (based on level)

Is there then no way to get the later sprites? I notices that it goes from 0x2A to 0x2C, does that mean the other sprites work with 0x2B maybe? I really have no clue how it works but I'm just asking to be sure. Shouldn't it be possible to use any sprite the game uses?

already answered a long time ago:

It appears that while sprites are 16 bit values, Join avenue handles only 8-bit. (there are well over 255 sprites, the last sprite being an 8 bit value is Erika (RBY Gym Leader))

8bit reads vs 16bit. Was never planned to have this degree of customization. Even if you manually edit it to be above 255, the game simply ignores the uppermost 8 bits - because it only reads the 8 bits at 0x2A.

sorry, i don't understand that, I would need a beginner guide >.< I nkow a bit about hex binary and decimals when I learned to manually change PID's and ID's to get shiny Pokemon. But I can't really follow what's going on in post 3 :(

• 4 years later...

Anyone know how to make the Avenue Rank exactly 99? The "max rank" code that's been floating around for years just makes the level 255 and it's not that believable. I tried making a code myself using the info given here, but it's still new to me and I dont know how to make it right.

• 3 months later...