Pokémon Blaze Black 2 & Pokémon Volt White 2

Drayano

Hey.

I'm currently trying to make this game work on acekard 2i, firmware AKAIO 1.9.0, and they just don't work, both versions give me a white screen.

Also, when trying to patch, it gives me the "xdelta3: not a VCDIFF input: XD3_INVALID_INPUT" error.

Does anybody have any idea of what could I do to make them work?

Hey.

I'm currently trying to make this game work on acekard 2i, firmware AKAIO 1.9.0, and they just don't work, both versions give me a white screen.

Also, when trying to patch, it gives me the "xdelta3: not a VCDIFF input: XD3_INVALID_INPUT" error.

Does anybody have any idea of what could I do to make them work?

I had similar issues patching and decided to download a rom that was already patched with the hacks. I have an acekard 2i and akaio 1.9 and BB2 works but not VW2. The game runs pretty well on my DS with only a few minor issues so far.

I got the links for the download from the youtube link

(read the description for the type of prepacked rom you want and follow the links Drayano has given.)

edit: Drayano, if you are reading this, can PokeGen be used to modify pokemon natures/moves/EVs/IVs/etc with the .sav file of the hacked game? Any issues between PokeGen and BB2/VW2?

Edited by styr
question for Dray

Hi Dray, I love your hacks, and i've played all of them untill the end, and i've decided that I want to make a hack as well, inspired by yours, but I've seen that you haven't put the hacking tools on the forum page, so could please tell me what did you use to make them, or at least where you found them?

Thank you for reading this.

Also, Dray, any chance you might lower Pawniard's evo level? 52 is still forever for such a subpar pokemon.. not to mention his pathetic 490 stat total (after dealing with Pawniard's 340 stat total for quite a few levels). Ideally a boost that would either be evolving earlier or a 30-40 stat boost as Bisharp would greatly help him out. Specifically, he needs half of those extra stat points to go to speed and the other half as HP. Alternatively you could lower Bisharp's base defense some and allocate it to HP while giving most of the extra stats to speed, which would greatly help him.

Show the pokemon power ranger/kamen rider some love, Dray!! :)

I want to play this, yet, never played B2W2 before. (Still going with BW)

What say you guys? Is this good for a first playthrough?

@Reptillian - Basically, if you want a harder challenge that what is normally present in vanilla pokemon games, use this hack. Challenge mode especially gives every gym leader a full 6 pokemon and better movepools and such. There's also far more pokemon available in each route, although the habitat feature in the pokedex doesn't work. I'm also not sure how this game handles Join Avenue... but keep in mind that challenge mode in the original B2/W2 isn't very challenging and only adds +1 pokemon to each gym leader, whereas challenge mode in this is far more threatening. There's a bunch of features like receiving starter pokemon in various cities and hidden grottos, as well as other nice changes like receiving the bicycle+exp share before the first gym. Most trainers also have more pokemon as well, which is nice.

I've only reached Virbank city but so far I'm having fun. I'm a bit wary of turning on challenge mode yet as I really really didn't want to fight 6 of Cheren's pokemon that all have Work Up. I've also beaten the original B2/W2 and this stays very close to the original story.

I had similar issues patching and decided to download a rom that was already patched with the hacks. I have an acekard 2i and akaio 1.9 and BB2 works but not VW2. The game runs pretty well on my DS with only a few minor issues so far.

I got the links for the download from the youtube link

(read the description for the type of prepacked rom you want and follow the links Drayano has given.)

Thank you! Although I have the exact opposite problem than you, VW2 works and BB2 doesn't. Welp, I'll have to play just VW, I guess.

I was having a problem. My metal coat isn't working to evolve scyther. I'm not sure if its just a level thing, mines level 43. I gave it to it after using it didn't work, leveled it up and it didn't evolve. Just wondering if it is happening to anybody else? Other than that, this is an amazing hack, you are amazing, we all love you. :tongue:

I was having a problem. My metal coat isn't working to evolve scyther. I'm not sure if its just a level thing, mines level 43. I gave it to it after using it didn't work, leveled it up and it didn't evolve. Just wondering if it is happening to anybody else? Other than that, this is an amazing hack, you are amazing, we all love you. :tongue:

Have a look at the first post, under bugs & errors.

I have a feeling someone asked this already and I'm just not looking hard enough;

Okay,here's the problem. (I'll try to explain it as good as I can.)

I don't really know how to patch this. I've got my clean rom, which I tested, and works fine. I even patched to the english version to further test it. But, it just won't change when I use the Blaze black/Volt White patch. Here's what I tried doing;

1-First patched to the english version,and then BB/VW patch. Didn't change.

2-First patched it with BB/VW patch, and then the english patch. Didn't work.

So, basicly, what I'm asking here; Is a tutorial on HOW to patch it to be english and have the BB/VW featuers. If its too much trouble, I understand. Sorry If I bothered you.

Any chance we can get an updated docs upload with the AR codes?

Awesome work by the way, I played the crap out of Volt White and I'm looking forward to rocking BB2.

AR codes are the same for the retail games. All Drayano does is compile them for you ahead of time...

Game ID for Blaze Black 2 is IREO 396C062C. I don't have access to Volt White 2 atm, but when I do I'll post that one, and I'm also willing to post an updated USRCHEAT.DAT with codes for both BB2/VW2 later today, if there's demand.

That would be really useful. However, is it simply a matter of copying the normal codes over and changing the game id or something? Haven't tried modifying a usrcheat.dat before but I can't imagine it being too difficult