Pokémon Blaze Black 2 & Pokémon Volt White 2

Drayano

I haven't tried on DeSmuME, mainly because I've never really liked using DS emulators on my computer, which is why I went and bought an AceKard in the first place. And do you know if it's possible to completely remove the old legends from appearing on a 1.00 sav, or is it completely impossible to change?

And one final thing, I noticed (and I don't know if this has been change in 1.1) that the Big Stadium/Little Court trainers are no longer useful for training due to your level curve. I feel that they should be little tougher, so that anyone who finds themselves just a little under-leveled for a gym can use them for training.

Ah, yeah, that's understandable. I'd just like you to give it a try to see if it'll boot. If it does, then it's probably an issue with your AKAIO settings rather than the game.

It's impossible for me to do, I'm afraid, short of adding in an NPC that sets all the flags again. But then people would start doing it by accident, and it all gets very confusing. @_@

I never got around to editing the dome trainers, mainly because I didn't have a proper trainer editor. I'll probably do those up once I get a good tool, although to be honest I have never found myself needing to use the domes.

Yeah, the new patch isn't even working with DeSmuMe. So it seems my AKAIO settings (which can run 1.00 perfectly fine) are not the problem.

That legend thing kinda sucks. But I'm probably just gonna ignore the legends until the point in the game that they're actually supposed to appear anyway, so no harm no foul. (level 65 Meloetta before the 4th badge? I'd get my ass handed to me on a silver platter!)

And I've found, with the difficulty of BB2 in challenge mode, Gym Leaders can be really tough (making it more fun, of course), so really any semi-tough battles help. Of course, there's always the Hoenn Leaders.

Hmm, I see. That's odd... people over at GBAtemp seem to have successfully got the Black 2 and White 2 patches working. Which version are you trying, actually? I assume Blaze Black given your post mentions BB2.

It might be worth giving Volt White a try... I'm more confident in the patch for that one (Black 2 base roms seem harder to find) and your save file will work with both.

And yeah, ignoring legendaries is probably your best bet for now.

Those of you with the issue, I've updated the patch link. The White 2 patch had some sort of mix-up. Not sure about Black 2 but apparently it can work.

nicoelson - You won't actually be able to see Heatran but it'll be the tile behind Groudon, so you can still talk to it. It's just out of view because Groudon is quite large.

Everything is working properly now on Desmume, both BB2 and VW2! Thanks a bunch!

I noticed that in the Wild Pokemon List doc, the Relic Castle upper floors % numbers are off. First of all, "Sand, Normal, 1F" adds to 90% and not 100%, and the "Sand, Normal, B1F" adds up to 94%.

Thing is, in around 300 encounters I've never encountered a Larvesta in B1F, is it really there in the encounter table? Especially at the supposed 4% rate, I think there's something off about that.

edit: At around 400 encounters I found one, finally. At least I know it's in the table, but the values are certainly off.

I noticed that in the Wild Pokemon List doc, the Relic Castle upper floors % numbers are off. First of all, "Sand, Normal, 1F" adds to 90% and not 100%, and the "Sand, Normal, B1F" adds up to 94%.

Thing is, in around 300 encounters I've never encountered a Larvesta in B1F, is it really there in the encounter table? Especially at the supposed 4% rate, I think there's something off about that.

edit: At around 400 encounters I found one, finally. At least I know it's in the table, but the values are certainly off.

Or maybe you're just unbelievably unlucky. xD

Amazing hack, as usual. Anyway, I would like to give a few suggestions...

1. How about adding Togepi in Floccesy Ranch? You know, it's an egg and stuff... Plus, it's always awesome to have a Togepi in a journey's beggining, like in Spirit Gold (Violet City) and Blaze Black (Dreamyard)

2. I see that there's a lot of controversy regarding Emboar's. So, why do'nt you offers a third version, where its type is changed? This will also allow you to make changes in other types, since you couldn't make them in BB1VW1.

3. You are far too creative to just throw a lot of legendaries into the same location! I admit that I don't have any idea of how coding works, so there might be a reason for you to place 8 Pokemons in the same place. But, if that's the case, just do it like you've done in BB1VW1! Insert the legendaries within specific routes, with a tiny chance to find them. But, still, it would be awesome if Lugia was in Seaside Cave, Rayquaza was in Skyarrow Bridge and Meloetta in Village Bridge...

Thank you!

Edited by The_Stars_Alchemist

I'd like to thank you for such hard work. I just recently beat Black 2 and was so very glad to find Blaze Black also had a 2. I'm still reading the documentation, but so far the changes seem better then the first BB/VW. I do miss Flygon's high base special attack, though. I thought you'd give it 100 base satk.

I really liked what you did with Farfetch'd this time, even though I don't use it. The changes in general seem more moderate, with more of a "professional" air around them.

I would like to make some suggestions, if you don't mind, though. Just something I changed myself back in blaze black when I played it.

Adding Sacred Sword to Absol, since he actually has a horn and uses it as a sword.

Making Seviper Poison/Dragon. I also enabled it to learn Surf and boosted a bit its stats and Zangoose's, mainly their speed. Also, i think I gave the snake dragon dance and something to Zangoose to compensate, can't really recall. Think I changed his ability to Poison Heal... Yeah, that was it.

Changing Cute Charm for Huge Power in Lopunny. Oh, that was a killing machine. Also I really think it fits.

Making Charizard Fire/Dragon with Blaze/Levitate. I kinda love this typing and also dislike using Legends, so this is the closest to a Reshiram I could get.

Las thing I remember is something I didn't change, but thought about changing quite a few times: Making Porygon-Z a Normal/Ghost poké. It seems to fit him so well...

Guess these are all changes I made worth mentioning. There were others, such as Aura Sphere Roserade, but this one has no actual sense, the idea was just to make my favorite pokémon better. xD